- Solid 225% accumulator bonus
- Great choice of events and bets
- Mobile lite version
- Low and selectively available jackpots
- Low regular odds
- App for Kenya only
Playground of true African kings: review of BetKing
A few years ago you might not have heard of the sports betting site called Betking, while now this company is the second biggest Naija bookmaker with millions of users, which has already branched across Africa. So how did BetKing get to the top of sport betting? The review will tell!
This online bookmaker is perfectly adapted to both old and new mobile phones with its old mobile lite version and the new mobile website. You can bet via their desktop site, download their app for Android (APK) or go for an offline option of playing at BetKing: shops of betting agents in Nigeria. Jackpot games, virtual and live betting are here to find.
Read the BetKing review on Takebet Uganda and learn how to create an account via online registration on mobile, old lite and desktop, how to log in to the bookmaker, book a bet, check a coupon and, last but not least, how to fund a betting account with deposit and withdraw winnings.
Let’s embark on this journey, my pals!
Sportsbook info: the owner of BetKing, net worth and company revenue
BetKing is an online bookmaker with Nigeria as its core market. It also services Kenya, Ghana and Ethiopia. There are Nigerian agent shops and Kenyan outlets as well, for betting offline.
The betting company was founded in 2018. But who is the owner of BetKing? This bookmaker belongs to its founders, Adekunle Adeniji and Byron Petzer, and is headquartered in Ikeja, Lagos. It comprises more than 300 employees. Byron Petzer is the current CEO. In just four years or so, this gambling company became the third most popular online sports betting site in Africa, sharing the spoils with fellow Nigerian Bet9ja and South African Hollywoodbets.
The official BetKing website address is:
- Nigeria — www.betking.com
- Kenya — www.betking.co.ke
- Ghana — www.betking.com.gh
- Ethiopia — www.betking.com.et
The bookmaker offers an efficient old mlite site, the new mobile version and the desktop site.
The language of the website is English, with Amharic offered in Ethiopia. It is said that there were well over 10 million registered punters on the BetKing online sports betting site by 2022, with the average daily traffic reportedly amounting to over 1 million 300 thousand visits total.
|Welcome offer||100% cashback on first bet (max 49 KES) for Kenya, 100% cashback on first bet (max 50 GHS) for Ghana, no deposit sign up bonus of 20 ETB for Ethiopia|
|Deposit options||Paystack (bank account & card), GTBank (USSD, internet banking, GT Collection, GTPay & online), Zenith Bank (USSD, internet banking & in-branch), Polaris Collect (in-branch), UBA Bank (USSD, internet banking & in-branch), Quickteller (ATM & online), Interswitch Webpay, PayDirect (bank branch), OPay (app & agent), M-Pesa (USSD & online), MTN MoMo, Vodafone Cash, AirtelTigo, debit/credit card, Dashen Bank Amole (Card & Wallet)|
|Withdrawal options||Bank transfer, M-Pesa (USSD, SMS and online), MTN MoMo, Vodafone Cash, AirtelTigo, Dashen Bank Amole|
|Currency||NGN, KES, GHS, ETB|
|Sports||Soccer (football), tennis, basketball, ice hockey, American football, athletics, Aussie Rules, badminton, bandy, baseball, biathlon, bowls, boxing, cricket, darts, eSport, floorball, Formula 1, futsal, handball, MMA, rugby, snooker, table tennis, volleyball|
|SMS betting||Yes (Kenya only)|
|USSD betting||Yes (Kenya only)|
|Mobile app||Android (Kenya only)|
|Support Whatsapp||+2349139370631 (Nigeria)|
|Support Twitter||@betkingng & @betkinghelp (Nigeria), @betkingkenya (Kenya), @betkingghana (Ghana), @betkinget (Ethiopia)|
|Support firstname.lastname@example.org (Nigeria), email@example.com (Kenya), firstname.lastname@example.org (Ethiopia)|
|Support tel||017005581 & 012777247 (Nigeria), 0111143000 (Kenya), 0242436850 (Ghana)|
Licensing status and reputation
There is no scam — BetKing is a legit and trustworthy bookmaker. The company is licensed and regulated in every country of operation by appropriate local state gambling authorities.
Below you will find the licenses and the legal names of this sportsbook across Africa:
- In Nigeria, BetKing is licensed as SV Gaming Limited by the National Lotteries Board, Lagos State Lotteries Board, Osun State Government and Anambra State Gaming.
- In Kenya, BetKing has license 0000285 given to the Entertainment Group Kenya Limited by the BCLB according to Betting, Lotteries and Gaming Act, Cap 131, Laws of Kenya.
- In Ghana, BetKing holds an online sports betting license as Arcadia Games Limited given by the Gaming Commission of Ghana as per the Gaming Act, 2006 (Act 721).
- In Ethiopia, BetKing possesses a license from the Ethiopia Lottery Board.
How about reputation then? In July 2020, BetKing became the titular sponsor of the Kenyan Premier League by signing an agreement reportedly worth $11,000,000 and running until 2025. However, in August 2021, after only one season, the contract was terminated for good.
On the 5th of December 2020, the bookmaker also teamed up with Ethiopian football to sponsor the BetKing Ethiopian Premier League for five years, with the contract still in place by 2022.
As for their social responsibility, the company is known for striving to support small businesses and entrepreneurs in Nigeria. They took part in the Aba Fashion Week 2020 as the title sponsor.
On 18 April 2022, BetKing started the “Month of Good” campaign with the Market Doctors and the African Clean-Up Initiative — to conduct medical outreach activities in Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja, Benin, Enugu, Port Harcourt and Anambra alongside beach front and drainage clean-ups.
Enter BetKing: steps of online and SMS registration
Before you learn how to play online, you need to know all about BetKing registration.
One needs to be 18 years old or over to register an account with BetKing, except for Ethiopia where the appropriate age for gambling activities is 21 or over. You will also need a local mobile phone, because this is the only way of opening an account as a new BetKing customer.
Sometimes punters ask how to register a mobile account: each customer can have one BetKing account only, so the one you register is used on mobile, on PC and in app!
Here is how to create an online account for betting on sports at BetKing:
- Access the website and tap on JOIN NOW.
- Type in your local mobile telephone number (e.g. Nigerian mobile for Nigeria).
- Create a password.
- Enter your first and last name, then type in your email address, date of birth and the state of your residence (for Nigeria). In Ghana, you will be asked to state the ID number.
- Tick the box that you agree with the BetKing terms and conditions.
- Tap on SIGN UP NOW. If needed, type into the form the one-time password you will receive from the bookmaker via an SMS — and finish signing up for an account.
In Kenya, one can complete the BetKing sign up process with an SMS. For this, just send a text message with the word JOIN from your Kenyan telco operator to the 29070 number.
You can check your account balance and restore the password via SMS too: send BALANCE to 29070 for checking the balance or text RP to 29070 for getting your password restored. Resetting your account password via USSD is possible too, by calling *375*5#.
Accessing BetKing: online login to your profile
Right after sign up, a login can be completed. There is no fuss about that.
Here is how to log in to BetKing account:
- Access the website of the sportsbook.
- Find the LOGIN button and tap it, when on mobile. If on desktop, find the login form in the top right corner of a page.
- Fill out the form with your registered mobile phone number or username. Input your password.
- Hit LOGIN to authorise!
You can proceed to BetKing account login right after your registration!
How to validate account after sign up (KYC)
According to the terms and conditions, any bettor should be ready to confirm that he is not a minor and that all the info given upon the registration is correct. Additional documents may be required to verify the ownership of the financial means used. The bookie reserves its right to it.
You can fund deposits, place wagers and claim bonuses, however upon the first attempt to withdraw your winnings, there is a high chance you will be asked to proceed through KYC/AML.
The following documents are likely to be asked of you:
- Copy of the passport (ID card).
- Recent bank statement or utility bill with both your name and your home address.
- Front and back scan of the bank card used for payments. You may be asked for other documents and proofs to vindicate ownership in case of other payment methods.
So how to pass identity checks? Just send the documents to their customer care when asked.
Complete lineup of generous promotions at BetKing
At the time of writing, the company sadly missed on a universal welcome bonus for new customers available everywhere, be it a small one after you sign up for BetKing or a bigger first deposit promotion. It is provided in some countries only. The offers differ from country to country. Their 225% accumulator bonus for multi bets appears to be a flagman offer available in Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana and Ethiopia alike.
Many promotions are time-limited: a BetKing monthly bonus is neighbouring permanent promos.
Let’s review BetKing bonuses and promotional offers below in-detail!
225% accumulator bonus (multi bet offer)
This online sport betting site provides players with a 225% winnings boost on accumulators.
Here is how to use this titular promotion:
- Pick five to forty legs for your multibet. The odds of 1.20 (1/5 Fractional; -500 American) or over are mandatory for each selection, for each to qualify for the promotion.
- Get the bonus, from 5% to 225% of your potential winnings on top, if you actually win.
The bonus amount is calculated by multiplying your potential winnings by the bonus percent. Mind that your potential winnings are what you get when you multiply your stake by the odds.
Find the table with 225% multibet BetKing bonus terms and conditions below.
100% cashback on first bet
This welcome offer is provided to anyone who registers a new customer account during the promotional period. But how do you actually activate this welcome bonus of BetKing?Just make a deposit and follow it with a real-money bet, either a single or an accumulator.
If this first bet loses, the customer is refunded with a 100% cashback. The refund amount can still be capped: at the time of writing, it was capped at 49 KES in Kenya and 50 GHS in Ghana. Also, you should understand that only the first bet ever made counts, not the first lost bet.
How to withdraw a bonus of this kind from BetKing? It is easy, because there are no additional requirements as per the welcome bonus terms and conditions: withdraw it at your own discretion, just mind the standard requirements to the minimum withdrawal amount which apply.
Welcome bonus: 100% first deposit offer and registration promo
Depending on the country and the current availability, you might not get a bonus upon registration and the first deposit at all, or you might be able to use one of the two promotions.
First of all, there is a BetKing 100 deposit bonus offer for new customers. In this case, the bookmaker doubles your initial deposit up to some limited amount and requires you to gamble this sum of money a certain number of times before you can withdraw it or any winnings.
For example, for some time in the summer 2022, a new customer in Nigeria could get a 100% first deposit bonus of up to 100,000 NGN, with the minimum qualifying deposit of 100 NGN. Then a punter had to wager this bonus five times in 30 days on real sports in singles and accumulators, with the latter being compiled of three or more selections having the odds of 1.50 or over each. However, this promotion was stopped as of 18 August 2022.
Secondly, there can be a simple bonus upon registration, no strings attached. Such a bonus was offered for Ethiopia at the time of writing this BetKing review, equaling 20 Ethiopian birr.
Be sure to check out active welcome offers in your country before registering.
Spin & Win (“Spin the Wheel”)
In this regular promotion, the company offers you to place a qualifying bet and take part in a prize draw. A customer gets a new shot at prizes each day during the promotional period.
In 2022, the qualifying bet is a wager (wagers) equaling a total amount of:
- 300 NGN (Nigeria)
- 50 KES (Kenya)
- 5 GHS (Ghana)
Then you get to try your luck at “spinning the wheel” and winning such delightful prizes as BetKing free bets and smartphones or even LED TV and PlayStation video game consoles.
40% virtual accumulator bonus
A variation of the universal multibet bonus offered by BetKing, this 40% Virtual League accumulator bonus is for virtual sports only. The bonus starts from three selections!
Here is how to use a 40% bonus on virtual accumulators when playing at BetKing:
- Compile an acca with three to forty picks in virtual sports only.
- Get the bonus, from 5% to 40% of your potential winnings on top, if you win.
Below you will find the table with the rules of BetKing for the 40% virtual accumulator promotion.
125% cashback: One Game Cut promotion
Sometimes the bookie launches a 125% cashback on losing accumulators with only one selection lost. There are few other applicable requirements as well:
- The multi bet includes eight legs or more.
- The odds of each leg are 1.20 or higher.
- The multi bet was not cashed out.
Also, mind that BetKing cash back is capped — at 300 GHS in Ghana, for instance.
Every now and then, this bookmaker offers odds much higher than usual for top events. For example, on Gabriel Jesus to score for Arsenal or on Barcelona to win over Real Madrid.
These promotions are dubbed as special offers, and you can wager them in singles only. Special maximums may apply, lower than ordinary maximum stakes anticipated for such a bet.
Mobile data free betting on BetKing in Kenya
BetKing Kenya offers customers to bet without spending too much of their precious mobile data bundles. For this, one must be a customer of Safaricom, a telco partner of the bookmaker.
There is a daily limit of 20 MB per person for using this bookmaker data-free.
Call the *544# USSD menu to explore your data spending.
What are the withdrawal and deposit options?
Now that you know how to register and login to your newly created BetKing account, it is the time to learn about deposit and withdrawal methods in Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana and Ethiopia. They differ a lot, based on the payment options and telco operators popular in each state.
Overall, this bookmaker works with banks, online wallets, mobile money operators and telcos.
Below you will find instructions on using BetKing deposit and withdrawal methods in each state.
|Nigeria||Paystack, GTBank, Zenith Bank, Polaris Bank, UBA Bank, Quickteller (ATM & online), Interswitch Webpay, PayDirect (bank branch), OPay||Bank transfer|
|Ghana||MTN MoMo, Vodafone Cash, AirtelTigo, bank card||MTN MoMo, Vodafone Cash, AirtelTigo|
|Ethiopia||Dashen Bank Amole (Card & Wallet)||Dashen Bank Amole (online wallet)|
The currency of a BetKing account depends on the country version used:
- Nigeria — Nigerian naira (NGN)
- Kenya — Kenyan shilling (KES)
- Ghana — Ghanaian cedi (GHS)
- Ethiopia — Ethiopian birr (ETB)
In each instance, the currency is firmly regulated by the local laws on business and gambling.
Instructions on funding BetKing account with money
Methods of depositing money to this bookmaker highly differ from country to country. In some, like Nigeria, there is a whole array of options, and in some you can use mobile money only.
BetKing Nigeria deposit options include:
- Paystack: banking account and bank card
- GT Bank: USSD, mobile and internet banking, GTPay, online transfer
- Zenith Bank: USSD, internet and mobile banking (X-PATH), in-branch
- Polaris Bank: in-branch transfer (Polaris Collect)
- UBA Bank: USSD, internet banking, in-branch (UBA-Collect)
- Quickteller: ATM and online transfer
- Interswitch Webpay
- OPay: app and agent
- PayDirect (in-branch transfer in any Nigerian bank)
BetKing Kenya options of deposit are capped with M-Pesa.
BetKing Ghana methods of topping up include:
- MTN MoMo
- Vodafone Cash
- Debit/credit card
BetKing Ethiopia deposit methods are capped with Amole by Dashen Bank (wallets and cards).
Now, let’s provide you with instructions and review all deposit options in-detail!
Deposits in Nigeria
Nigerian punters have the most diverse ways of how to deposit on BetKing: one can fund his account through an ATM machine, from a bank branch in cash, via an internet banking, from mobile wallet apps or via a USSD menu of some Nigerian banks. Let’s explore the options!
|Deposit (Nigeria)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|Paystack (bank account & card)||N/A||N/A||Instant||N/A|
|ATM card deposit||100 NGN||10m NGN||Instant||100 NGN|
|Quickteller Web||100 NGN||10m NGN||Instant||100 NGN|
|Interswitch Webpay||50 NGN||100k NGN per day (max 1m NGN)||Instant||Free|
|OPay (app & agent)||100 NGN||N/A||Instant||N/A|
|GTBank USSD||50 NGN||200k NGN||Instant||10 NGN|
|GTBank Internet Banking||100 NGN||10m NGN||Instant||50 NGN|
|GT Collections||100 NGN||N/A||Instant||50 NGN|
|Zenith USSD||50 NGN||1m NGN||<1 day||Free|
|Zenith Internet Banking||100 NGN||3m NGN||<1 day||100 NGN|
|Zenith Bank (branch)||100 NGN||10m NGN||Instant||100 NGN|
|Polaris Collect (branch)||100 NGN||10m NGN||Instant||50 NGN|
|UBA USSD||50 NGN||N/A||Instant||20 NGN|
|UBA Internet Banking||50 NGN||N/A||Instant||100 NGN|
|UBA Bank (branch)||100 NGN||10m NGN||Instant||50 NGN|
|PayDirect (bank)||100 NGN||10m NGN||Instant||Free|
Paystack deposit: bank account or debit/credit card
Paying from a bank account and a card, debit or credit, is an option possible with Paystack.
How to pay with Paystack to BetKing:
- Log in to the bookie and pick Paystack as the method.
- Enter the sum of money to send.
- Choose between a bank account and a card.
- Tap on ACCEPT.
- Input the requested details of your card or bank account — and submit the transaction.
Cash machines supporting Quickteller and Interswitch let you fund the bookie, and you can deposit online this way too. The minimum deposit at BetKing equals 100 NGN for ATM deposits, while the maximum limit for this payment method is 10,000,000 NGN. The fee is 100 NGN.
How to deposit with ATM through Quickteller and Interswitch to a BetKing wallet:
- Visit any cash machine with Interswitch or Quickteller support.
- Use your bank card and fill in the PIN code.
- Pick either “Pay Bills” (for Interswitch) or “Quickteller”.
- Choose a current or a savings account.
- Fill in the BetKing merchant code 04314801 and your User ID on the site.
- Input the sum of money.
- Input your mobile number and tap PROCEED to finish the payment.
Quickteller web deposit
Asides from the ATM, one can pay BetKing online with Quickteller from their website. The minimum deposit amount here is 100 NGN, while the maximum deposit limit is 10,000,000 NGN for Quickteller web payments in Nigeria. The fee amounts to 100 NGN.
How to fund your account with Quickteller:
- Enter the www.quickteller.com/betking webpage.
- Input your user ID, email and mobile telephone number.
- Fill the form with your card details.
- Tap on the PAY button.
Interswitch Webpay deposit
Online payment from a debit or credit card through Interswitch is another option. The minimum deposit in BetKing through Interswitch is 50 NGN, while the maximum is 100,000 NGN per day per a singular card. The overall maximum is 1,000,00 NGN. There are no fees for Interswitch.
How to pay the bookie with Interswitch online:
- Log in to the bookmaker and pick Interswitch in deposits.
- Input the sum of money to pay and proceed to the Web Pay Page.
- Input the card details and tap on the PAY button.
- Use the OTP code received to validate the transaction.
OPay funding: app and agent
One can pay in cash with an OPay agent or from mobile with OPay application. The minimum deposit limit equals 100 NGN for both methods, while the maximum and fees are not stated.
How to deposit with Opay app in BetKing:
- Access the application and tap on BETTING on the main screen.
- Pick BETKING as the biller and fill in your user ID.
- State the sum of money to pay.
- Tap on the green arrow and then tap on the PAY NOW button to deposit.
GTBank deposit: USSD, mobile wallet, internet banking, GTPay, Collections
GTB provides its customers with the largest amount of options to fund Bekting, including internet banking and mobile wallet, USSD payment, GTB Collections and GTPay.
How to deposit on BetKing via GTB USSD:
- Ring *737*50*DEPOSITAMOUNT*153#. For example, for the sum of 1000 NGN, the USSD code will be *737*50*1000*153#, where 1000 is the corresponding amount.
- Type in your customer number and a PIN code for your GTB card.
- Confirm the transaction.
The minimum USSD deposit is 50 NGN, the maximum — 200,000 NGN, the fee — 10 NGN.
How to pay money with GTB internet banking:
- Access www.gtbank.com and log in.
- Choose “Sports and Gaming” and then “BetKing”.
- Tap on the MAKE NEW PAYMENT button.
- Enter your user number and the sum of money to pay, then confirm.
How to deposit from GTBank mobile wallet:
- Visit www.gtbank.com and log in from mobile.
- Tap on PAYMENT & COLLECTION.
- Pick “Sports and Gaming” and then choose “BetKing”.
- Input your user ID and the amount to deposit, then tap on CONTINUE.
- Tap again on CONFIRM & CONTINUE to finalise the transfer.
- Choose the account to pay from and complete the transfer.
The minimum deposit of BetKing for mobile and internet banking with GTB is 100 NGN, while the maximum limit is 10,000,000 NGN. The fee is set at 50 NGN no matter the amount paid.
How to fund BetKing with GTBank Collections online:
- Stroll to www.gtbank.com and pick “GTCollections”.
- Choose “Customized Deposit”.
- Pick “SV GAMING LTD”.
- Input your BetKing user ID and state the sum of money.
- Tap on CONTINUE and then again on CONFIRM & CONTINUE.
- Choose the way to pay, input your email and tap CONTINUE to finalise.
The minimum deposit for GTCollections is 100 NGN, with a fee of 50 NGN.
How to pay via GTPay to the company of BetKing:
- Log in to your account with the bookmaker.
- Choose the deposit method and confirm the money sum.
- Choose between a card or a banking account.
- Input the same email address as on the bookmaker and your banking details.
- Use the OTP to confirm the transaction.
The minimum is 100 NGN for GTPay, and the maximum depends on your card.
Zenith Bank transfer: mobile and internet banking, USSD, in-branch
There are three options of depositing to this bookie from Zenith Bank, namely with your mobile banking app, through the USSD menu of the bank and from your account at their branch.
How to deposit via USSD of the Zenith Bank:
- Ring *966*6*7842# using the same mobile number as the one registered in Zenith.
- Input your customer ID at the bookie.
- Input the sum of money to pay and your PIN, then confirm the transaction.
The minimum deposit for USSD is 50 NGN, the maximum limit is 1,000,000 NGN. No fee.
How to pay via Zenith Bank internet and mobile banking:
- Access Zenith internet banking or the mobile banking app.
- Pick “Payment and Collection” from the menu.
- Pick “Gaming/Lottery” and BetKing as the biller.
- Fill in the sum of money to send and follow it up with your user ID.
- Tap on CONTINUE to submit the transaction.
The minimum limit here is 100 NGN, the maximum — 3,000,000 NGN. The fee is 100 NGN.
These two methods are typically instant, but sometimes they take up to one day.
How to fund a BetKing account in a Zenith branch:
- Visit a branch of this bank and pick a cheque/funds transfer form, the one you need to fill out in order to pay money from your already existing Zenith banking account.
- Fill the form: 1) the account name is BetKing, 2) the account number is 1130076192, 3) the user ID is yours from the bookmaker, 4) the depositor’s name is your full name, 5) the depositor’s phone number is your mobile number, 6) the amount is the sum to pay, 7) the cheque number is the Zenith’s one and is used when paying with a personal cheque.
- Provide a bank teller with the filled out form.
For an in-branch deposit to BetKing, the minimum is 100 NGN, the maximum — 10,000,00 NGN. There is also a fee in place, which equals 100 NGN and is paid upon a successful transfer.
Polaris Collect deposit
One can send money to one’s betting account through a branch of Polaris Bank. The minimum in this case is 100 NGN, while the maximum is 10,000,000 NGN, with a fee of 50 NGN.
How to fund your bookmaker waller in a Polaris branch:
- Access any Polaris outlet and take a deposit slip or cheque to fill in.
- Input your banking account number and your customer ID on the bookie, then state the sum of money to pay with SV Gaming/BetKing as the beneficiary (tell it to a cashier).
- Provide a cashier with the filled out form.
Mind that the payment must be made via Polaris Collect, so inform a cashier of it.
UBA Bank deposit
There are three ways one can deposit on BetKing with UBA: USSD, online and in-branch. The minimum amount is 50 NGN for each option, except for an in-branch funding (100 NGN). The maximum limit is set for a payment in a branch at 10,000,00 NGN, with a fee of 50 NGN. The fees are different for other options: 20 NGN for a USSD deposit and 100 NGN for an online one.
How to fund an account in a branch of UBA Bank:
- Stroll into any UBA branch and pick a deposit slip to pay through UBA-Collect.
- Fill out the slip with the following info: 1) the account name and number being BetKing, 2) your user ID at the sportsbook, 3) the depositor’s name being your full name, 4) the depositor’s phone number being your mobile number, 5) the sum of money to send.
- Pass the slip to the cashier.
How to deposit through UBA internet banking:
- Access your UBA online bank.
- Pick “Bills and Payment” and then input your account number.
- Pick “Betting and Lottery” and then pick BetKing.
- Pick “Deposit” and then pick “Amount”.
- Input your user ID and tap on CONTINUE.
- Confirm the payment and use OTP or token to finish it by tapping SUBMIT.
How to fund BetKing account with UBA USSD *919#:
- Ring *919*26*DEPOSITAMOUNT# from the same tel you have on your UBA banking account, while using the sum of money. Example *919*26*1300# for 1300 NGN.
- Fill in your PIN and select the account to pay from (if there are two or more).
- Input your user ID and the sum of money to pay, then confirm.
In-branch deposit via PayDirect
PayDirect lets you deposit to your account with BetKing via the following banks in Nigeria:
- Access Bank
- Citi Bank
- First Bank
- Heritage Bank
- Skye Bank
- Sterling Bank
- Unity Bank
- Wema Bank
Here is how to fund a BetKing account from First Bank or any other with PayDirect:
- Visit a banking branch and take a deposit slip.
- Use your client ID with the bookie as the reference and leave the account number blank.
- Stay the sum of money to pay.
- Provide a teller with the deposit slip and tell you wish to pay with PayDirect to BetKing.
The maximum deposit limit is 10,000,000 NGN for PayDirect in-branch deposit. The minimum deposit is 100 NGN, while the fees are absent according to the bookmaker company.
Deposits in Kenya
Mobile money services are irreplaceable for Kenyans, and as such — M-Pesa is the only option to pay BetKing, however it seems to be enough. There are no fees except basic for M-Pesa.
The minimum deposit of BetKing in Kenya is 50 KES, while the maximum limit is 70,000 KES per single transfer and 140,000 KES per day for one and the same customer.
How to fund a betting account with M-Pesa online at BetKing:
- Access the bookmaker website and log in.
- Pick “Deposit Now” and choose the sum of money to pay.
- Validate the transaction on your phone after you get a message from M-Pesa.
How to deposit with M-Pesa USSD:
- Visit the M-Pesa USSD menu on your phone.
- Tap on LIPA NA M-PESA.
- Input the paybill 290690 for M-Pesa, and BETKING as the account number.
- Input the sum of money to pay.
- Confirm the transfer with your M-Pesa PIN.
Mind that your betting account must have the same phone number as the one in M-Pesa.
|Deposit (Kenya)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|M-Pesa (USSD & online)||50 KES||70k KES (140k KES per day)||Instant||Trans. fee|
Deposits in Ghana
In the BetKingdom of Ghana, one can use popular mobile money wallets such as MTN MoMo, AirtelTigo and Vodafone Cash alongside credit and debit cards to deposit to this bookie.
How to deposit to BetKing Ghana:
- Log in to the sports betting website and proceed to deposits.
- Pick one of the methods: MTN Mobile Money, Vodafone, AirtelTigo or credit/debit card.
- Input or choose the sum of money to pay, then tap on DEPOSIT.
- Validate the transfer with an OTP code on your mobile phone.
All methods are instant and free, hence the only fee is dependent on your telco or bank.
|Deposit (Ghana)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|MTN MoMo||N/A||N/A||Instant||Trans. fee|
|Vodafone Cash||N/A||N/A||Instant||Trans. fee|
Deposits in Ethiopia
In Ethiopia, BetKing acquires payments via the Amole service of Dashen Bank. One can use Amole Wallet to pay from mobile or Amole Card to deposit online from the website.
How to fund Ethiopian account deposits from Amole Card or Wallet on BetKing:
- Sign in to the Ethiopian website of the sportsbook.
- Proceed to deposits and choose between a card or a wallet.
- Fill in the money sum to pay.
- Input the details asked — of the card or of the wallet.
- Tap on ACCEPT to confirm the transaction.
The minimum deposit at BetKing Ethiopia is 25 ETB, while the maximum is 8,000 ETB.
|Deposit (Ethiopia)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|Amole (Card & Wallet)||25 ETB||8k ETB||Instant||Trans. fee|
Short guide on money withdrawals from BetKing
The options of withdrawal differ from country to country and are usually stripped down to just one method: bank transfer in Nigeria, M-Pesa in Kenya and Dashen Bank Amole in Ethiopia. The exception is Ghana, where there is MTN MoMo, Vodafone and AirtelTigo for withdrawals.
In Nigeria, the minimum withdrawal amount is 1,000 NGN, while the BetKing maximum withdrawal limit is 10,000,000 NGN. The bookie doesn’t charge you for withdrawing money. For Ethiopia, the withdrawal limit is 25 ETB at minimum and 8,000 ETB at maximum in BetKing. The limits are not clearly stated in terms and conditions or the helping section for other countries.
So how to withdraw money? Let’s review the BetKing withdrawal rules for each country.
Withdrawals in Nigeria
On BetKing, the only way to withdraw money in Nigeria is a local bank transfer. So, OPay or any other payment method such as Paystack, Interswitch or Quickteller can’t be used to get paid.
Here is how to withdraw from BetKing Nigeria to a bank account:
- Log in to your betting account and proceed to withdrawals.
- Input your bank account number (10 digits) and any other information asked by the bookie, if doing it for the first time. Or, just pick the banking account saved previously.
- State the sum of money you want to transfer offsite.
- Tap on ACCEPT to complete the transaction.
The withdrawal processing time is instant, however any additional checks may take up to a day.
|Withdrawal (Nigeria)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|Bank transfer||1k NGN||10m NGN||Instant||Trans. fee|
Withdrawals in Kenya
As in case with deposits, a punter can use M-Pesa to withdraw money from the bookmaker in Kenya. The minimum and the maximum limit are not clearly stated. There is no special fee.
Learn how to withdraw using M-Pesa USSD method in BetKing Kenya:
- Ring *375# from the mobile number used in your betting account.
- Pick “Withdrawal” and afterwards tap on SEND.
- Input the sum of money to withdraw and then tap on SEND again.
- Input the password and then tap on SEND yet again to confirm.
Here is how to withdraw money via M-Pesa SMS from BetKing Kenya:
- Send a text message to the number 29070 with the code W#AMOUNT, where AMOUNT is the sum of money to withdraw. For example, “W#1200” for a withdrawal of 1200 KES.
- Be notified by SMS upon a successful transaction.
And this is how to withdraw money in Kenya online:
- Access the online bookmaker and log in to your account.
- Proceed to withdrawals and choose the sum to withdraw by M-Pesa.
- Submit the request.
Mind that your telephone number with M-Pesa and BetKing should be one and the same.
|Withdrawal (Kenya)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|M-Pesa (USSD, SMS & online)||N/A||N/A||Instant||Trans. fee|
Withdrawals in Ghana
Withdrawals can be done via different mediums in Ghana: MTN Mobile Money, Vodafone Cash and AirtelTigo. However, a punter can withdraw only to the method he has used to deposit. The minimum and the maximum limit are not clearly stated. There is no fee imposed by the bookie.
It is also stated by the bookmaker that Paystack can be used to withdraw to a banking account, but at the time of writing, it was apparently cancelled or temporarily off in our testing account.
Here is how to withdraw your funds away and out from BetKing in Ghana:
- Visit the Ghanaian website of the bookmaker and log in.
- Go to withdrawals and pick the preferred method.
- Input the amount to withdraw and submit your request.
- Wait for a service SMS about the success of the transfer.
The payments are instant.
|Withdrawal (Ghana)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|MTN MoMo||N/A||N/A||Instant||Trans. fee|
|Vodafone Cash||N/A||N/A||Instant||Trans. fee|
Withdrawals in Ethiopia
The withdrawal is possible to your Amole account at Dashen Bank, same as deposit.
Here is how to withdraw money from BetKing Ethiopia to Amole:
- Sign in to your betting account and visit withdrawals.
- State the sum you wish to withdraw and submit the request.
- Proceed with the instructions in an SMS from the bookmaker to authorise the transfer.
The transaction is instant, and the only possible fees are from the bank.
|Withdrawal (Ethiopia)||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|Amole (Card & Wallet)||25 ETB||8k ETB||Instant||Trans. fee|
Betting options: sports, odds and bet types
There are around 25 sports to bet on with BetKing, including a great variety of football (soccer) events, tennis, basketball and other popular ones. As for bet markets, in football their number is promising: over 300 different options to wager on for top football events. In basketball, the amount of betting markets is solid too, in the NBA for instance — tens of choosing options.
The odds are average. Margins start low at 1-1.5% for betting markets with “Odds Boost” turned on, however reaching 4% for 1x2 in top football in other cases, and 8%+ in lesser games.
There is the minimum stake in place on BetKing:
- Nigeria — 100 NGN
- Kenya — 20 KES (sports) and 10 KES (virtuals)
- Ghana — 0.01 GHS
- Ethiopia — 20 ETB
The maximum stake is limited too, but it depends on the event and the bookmaker.
The maximum winnings for the same client in one day in BetKing equal:
- Nigeria — 40,000,000 NGN
- Kenya — 5,000,000 KES (sports) and 1,000,000 KES (virtuals and casino)
- Ethiopia — 1,000,000 ETB (subject to 15% tax if over 1,000 ETB)
For Ghana, the maximums are not stated in the T&C, but there is a tax of 20% on any amount.
The time BetKing payout takes is usually minutes after the event was concluded, however the absence of results in official sources for the given competition may delay the settlement.
ABC of placing online bets at BetKing
The best way to test out your knowledge of sports is to place a bet in BetKing. How? Let’s see.
Here is how to engage in sports betting online:
- Log in to your account, tap on the menu and proceed to “Soccer” (football only), “Live” (all in-play events), “A-Z Sports” (all prematch events) or “Virtual” (generated matches).
- Select the preferred sport (if not in soccer already).
- Pick one of the available competitions sorted by countries by tapping on it.
- Tap on any sporting events to see all BetKing odds for it.
- Go to your wagering ticket and enter the stake.
- Tap in PLACE BET to complete the wager.
Often people ask about the meaning of combination bet in BetKing. This is a basic accumulator (or multi bet). To place a combo, add two or more selections to your betslip in the same way as described above, check for the “Multiple” tab to be chosen by default in the betslip — and bet.
This is how to play BetKing!
Booking codes and odds
One can make a bet into a BetKing booking code on mobile or desktop when logged out. Later you can use such a code to place the same wager if it is still available, but with different odds.
You can also visit a BetKing shop for betting and gamble with booking codes there.
Here is how you book a bet via the website of BetKing:
- Visit the sports betting site and stay NOT logged in.
- Select the sport, choose a tournament and tap on an event.
- Tap on the odds of your choice to add them to the bet coupon.
- Input the sum of money to wager — and tap on BOOK.
Use the received BetKing code and the connected odds to place a bet later on.
How to go about coupon check
After you have booked a code, or received one, or even made an actual bet — you can always check it out, either the contents of a booking code or the status of a bet placed on BetKing.
The following are steps of how to check booking codes:
- Visit the sport betting website.
- Tap on BOOK A BET in the bottom menu of the new mobile version of BetKing or in the main menu of the mlite mobile site. Alternatively, find the empty betslip with the field for your booking code on the right-hand side of the BetKing desktop site.
- Input your book code and hit PROCEED (mobile) or LOAD (desktop).
- Place the loaded wager from the betslip — or just check it out.
How to check a coupon code online with the help of BetKing:
- Visit the online sports betting site.
- Tap on COUPON CHECK in the main menu of your account on the new mobile site or the lite mobile website. Alternatively, find the “Verify Coupon” tab in the “COUPON TOOLS” block with the field for your bet code on the right-hand side of the desktop.
- Input the code and tap on CHECK (mobile) or hit ENTER on the keyboard (desktop).
Alternatively, in BetKing Kenya there is an option to check a coupon via USSD and SMS:
- For USSD, ring *375#4# and follow the instructions. Have your bet ID ready, which is a unique combination of letters and digits that can be found for all wagers in your account.
- For SMS, send the ID of your bet to the number 29070. Have its ID ready.
USSD and SMS betting at BetKing
Kenyan punters have a perfect option of betting online via USSD menu and by sending SMS, both offline. This is a great tool for those living in bad internet areas or low on traffic data.
The following are the steps of placing a bet using USSD:
- Ring *375# from the mobile phone registered with the bookmaker.
- Input 2 (for the BET NOW function) and tap on SEND.
- Input the event ID, the chosen bet and the sum like this: EventID#Market#Amount. E.g. 19843#2#950 for a bet of 950 KES on the away win (2) in the event number 19843. For accumulators, use this format: EventID-1#Market#EventID-2#Market#...#Amount. E.g. 19843#2#84732#1#650 to bet 650 KES on the away win (2) in the event number 19843 and on the home win (1) in the event number 84732. Tap on SEND.
- Verify the info and choose 1 to place the bet.
And here is how to place bets using SMS when playing at BetKing:
- For singles, send the bet to 29070 in the following format: EventID#Market#Amount. E.g. 24514#X2#550 to bet 550 KES on X2 in the event #24514.
- For accumulators, send the bet to 29070 in the following format: EventID-1#Market#EventID-2#Market#...#Amount. E.g. 19843#X2#84732#1X#1350 to bet 1350 KES on X2 in the event number 19843 and on 1X in the event number 84732.
Lineup of sports and events available
While writing this review of BetKing, we’ve found 25 sports to choose from:
- Soccer (football)
- Ice hockey
- American football
- Aussie Rules
- Formula 1
- Table tennis
Competitions for sports gambling are offered in great variety, especially in soccer. The bookie website displays hundreds of matches from tens of tournaments on different levels in more than 50 different countries, including Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania, and the Americas.
Researching soccer, we’ve managed to find such big names as the EPL, La Liga Primera Division, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and the MLS to name a few; African competitions such as South African Premier Division, Nigeria Professional Football League, Ghana Premier League and the CAF Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON). You can easily spot simulated soccer as well.
In tennis, there are both top tournaments in the ATP and the WTA alongside Grand Slams and smaller ones, such as ITF Men or Women Challenger. There is simulated tennis too.
When it comes to basketball betting, BetKing covers the NBA and the NCAA in North America, the Euroleague, the Bundesliga, the Pro A league and the ACB league, and the likes of them. South American, Australian and Asian basketball championships are covered here as well.
Betting markets to choose from
BetKing boasts hundreds of bet variations in football, being one of the most diverse sportsbooks in terms of wagering options. Only the least popular sport events may seem kind of lacking.
The betting options in soccer include:
- 1x2 (match and by half)
- Double chance (match and by half)
- Over under goals (match, by half, by team)
- Both teams to score (BTTS)
- Draw no bet
- Correct score and multi correct score
- Exact total goals
- European handicap (3-way)
- Asian handicap (2-way)
- Half time full time
- Odd/even goals
- Clean sheets
- Interval betting: outcome, double chance, goals
- Prop and stat betting: bookings, fouls, corners, shots on target, etc
- Combo bets (e.g. BTTS and win)
Options seem endless, with such rare bets as own goals, the team to win from behind, to score in a row, matchflow betting on the first to score and the team to win and more. Check it out!
Moreover, in the menu you will see custom bet options form the bookie for soccer:
- King’s Combo: combos consisting of a few outcomes in the same match.
- Special Offers: bets on goal totals in rounds, transfer, manager and player betting, etc.
- Goalscorer: predictions for a player to score in football with myriads of options.
In basketball, the following options are offered on most matches:
- Moneyline (final outcome)
- 1x2 HT
- Asian handicap (match and half time)
- Race to points
- Total points over and under
- Quarters betting and more
In tennis, the basic list of bets includes:
- 1-2 (match outcome)
- Set winner
- Exact total of sets
- Handicap on sets
- Double result
- Player to win at least a set
Bigger tennis matches have bets on tie breaks, total of games, correct score of sets, individual player totals, player prop bets on double faults, aces and sometimes even more rare gambles.
What’s more, you ask? Well, lo and behold: BetKing Lightning bets! These are given on soccer and let you predict ONE MINUTE intervals being graced with the following events: goals, offsides, penalties, corners and bookings. The fastest win-or-lose bets people ever saw!
To conclude, let’s review the most basic BetKing codes and meaning of them in betting:
- 1x2: a bet on the outcome of a sporting event.
- O/U (0.5, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, 4.5, 5.5): a bet on total goals being over (O) or under (U) the margin.
- Chance Mix O/U (1.5, 2.5. 3.5): a combo of a 1x2 and an over/under bet.
- DC: a double chance bet on two out of three outcomes, e.g. a home win or a draw (1X), a home win or an away win (12) and an away win or a draw (X2) being the three possible options.
- DC + O/U (1.5, 2.5, 3.5): a combo of a double chance and an over under selections.
- BTTS: a bet on both teams to score (Yes) or not to score (No). Same as goal/no goal (GG/NG).
- HT/FT: a bet on the outcome by half time (HT) and of the full time (FT) of a match.
- First goal half: the meaning of this bet is in which half the first goal will be scored.
Odds payout rating
The odds of BetKing are very diverse and start with 1-1.5% margin for the markets with “Odds Boost” in top matches, which can be described as high odds. However, margins equal 3.5-4% without the boost for 1x2 in top football fixtures, and then they can go as high as 8% and more.
So, even given some very high odds with a boost, overall they are average on the lower side.
Below we’ve reviewed what odds BetKing charges for the 1x2 betting market in fixtures from both top and lower leagues in soccer, from tennis and basketball (3-way and 2-way outcomes).
|Soccer||UEFA Super Cup||Real Madrid vs Eintracht||1.53||4.50||6.20||3.71%|
|England Premier League||Everton vs Chelsea||5.81||4.05||1.69||1.07%|
|South African Premier Division||Royal AM vs Kaiser Chiefs||3.15||2.95||2.45||6.46%|
|Basketball||NBA||Cavaliers vs Nets||5.30||-||1.16||5.07%|
|PBA Cup||Meralco Bolts vs San Miguel||2.85||-||1.38||7.55%|
|Tennis||ATP Los Cabos||Medvedev vs Kecmanovic||1.22||-||4.50||4.19%|
Description of live betting platform
The bookmaker offers betting in-play, as all majors do. To access it, just pick “Live” from the menu. The choice of sports almost always includes soccer (football), tennis and basketball, with other sports like ice hockey, volleyball, handball, rugby or eSports appearing from time to time.
The choice of odds in BetKing live betting is smaller than prematch, but big enough. In football:
- Double chance
- Draw no bet
- Over under goal total (match and individual)
- Asian goal total (e.g. O/U 2.25)
- Goal/No goal
- Next goal
- Team to win the rest of match
- Correct score
- European handicap
- Asian handicap
- Half time full time
- Combo bets and more
After entering the in-play section, you will find the sports menu with a search field you can use to search for a particular sporting event. Then you get the list of matches with top odds, and you can tap on any event to open all the betting markets and odds currently on offer.
On the page of a particular event, you got a live match tracker with a visualisation of actions on the field, stats such as shots on and off target, shots blocked and corner kicks, H2H, league tables and even a text broadcasting of happenings during a game. And the live scores!
Also, there is a function of live diary, which is basically a calendar of upcoming events.
Live scores and results
Another useful feature is the BetKing live score centre. There you have past results and statistics for events in sports such as football (soccer), tennis, basketball, ice hockey, volleyball, baseball, rugby, Aussie Rules, table tennis, darts, American football and beach volley.
Strolling through countries and tournaments, pick a match to research. For past games, you will see HT and full match scores, basic team stats of shots and corner kicks, team lineups, a tournament table and a chronological list of events for games in football and some other sports.
Filter all the events by date (today and +/- six days), by tournament or starting time, and also by status — be it past events (“Result”), current events (“Live”) or upcoming events (“Upcoming”).
The provider of BetKing live scores is Sportradar (Betradar).
Ins and outs of cash out on BetKing
Feel free to use BetKing cashout when playing at this bookmaker. This feature can be utilised in prematch and live too, in order to get your bets paid out before the event in question happens. At BetKing, it is possible to cash out singles and multiples, but not system bets. Also, if either of the selections in your accumulator has gone to live, then you should wait for that match to end.
This is how to make use of the cashout in BetKing:
- Sign in to your betting account.
- Go to your bets or check the coupon code you are precisely interested in.
- Choose to cash out the bet if offered, and if you are content with the terms.
The events and bets that can be cashed out are ordinarily picked by the bookmaker, note this. Mind that the cashout amount may be less than your initial stake, if the odds don’t favour you.
Virtual sports: Kingmaker and Duke jackpots
There are virtual betting options in Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana. Moreover, there can be a BetKing jackpot launched by the bookmaker in virtuals now and then, such as the Kingmaker jackpot with a prize of 100,000 NGN and the Duke with a trophy of 20,000 NGN.
In the virtuals, one can bet on the following products:
- KINGS League (virtual analog of the EPL)
- KINGS Liga (virtual analog of Spanish La Liga)
- KINGS Italiano (virtual analog of Italian Serie A)
- KINGS Bundliga (virtual analog of German Bundesliga)
- Virtual Racing (dog/greyhound racing)
- Spin2Win Royale
- 80 Keno Deluxe
Use the BetKing new mobile site only to play virtuals, and turn off extreme data savings for the best experience, otherwise the page may seem broken, as it also seems on the desktop.
In the virtual soccer leagues, there is another round played each three minutes. The name abbreviations and logos of teams are similar to the real ones in real leagues, and the power of teams is close to real life, but the statistics, the tournament table, the results and the odds are virtually generated. The choice of virtual bets includes 1x2, over/under, home and away goals, 1x2 & GG/NG, 1x2 and O/U, HT/FT, HT and match correct score, and half time betting options.
If you wonder about winning a jackpot in the BetKing virtual football, just place bets on KINGS League, Liga, Italiano or Bundliga (you can mix them too). The more you place and the more you win, the bigger chance you have to hit a jackpot. And there is also a cash bonus on top of it.
In the virtual racing, one can wager on virtual dogs (aka greyhounds) using such betting options as win, place and show; exacta, trifecta, even/odd, quinella and over/under.
BetKing mobile apps: launching Android and iPhone downloads
There is an app download opportunity at BetKing, a native Android APK. It is available on a special page of the betting website in Kenya, but not in Nigeria, Ghana or Ethiopia. And there is no app available for download on iPhone, in any of the countries the company services.
Here is how to download the app of BetKing:
- Approve downloads from unknown sources in your mobile settings.
- Visit the www.betking.co.ke/download-app/ page.
- Tap on DOWNLOAD THE APP or scan the QR code with your mobile on that page.
- Install the application from the APK file in your “Downloads” folder.
After you have downloaded the app on your Android phone, bet with free traffic in Kenya!
Official website versions: mobile, old lite and desktop sites
The bookmaker is accessible from computers and mobile phones, both old devices and new smartphones. One can use the following versions of the official website of BetKing:
- Desktop (for computers)
- New mobile version (for smartphones)
- Lite mobile (mlite site for old phones)
Let’s review the BetKing desktop site, its interface and user experience first! The menu differs slightly from country to country. At the top of its homepage, for instance, you have the main menu consisting of such sections as (in Nigeria):
- Become an agent
- Live chat
The menu may include other categories or miss on some in other countries. There is also a submenu with such usual sections as “Home”, “Today”, “Soccer”, “Statistics”, “Livescore”, “Tutorials”, “Mobile” and “Promotions”. The promotions section may be placed in the main menu.
The centre zone of the webpage has top events laid out, with a selector of the most popular sports such as football, tennis and basketball, and the biggest tournaments to choose from.
On the left-hand side of the page, you have the sports menu with countries, tournaments and special bets. By choosing any option, you get all available events and odds loaded to the centre of the screen. From there, you can pick your bet. Under the sports menu, there is an additional antepost menu with sports and tournaments where long-term outcomes are gathered. Above the sports menu, one can see a search bar for finding matches and a time filter for events.
On the right-hand side, there is the betslip and coupon tools such as “Smartbet”, “Quickbet” and “Verify coupon”. The latter is the coupon check functionality that shows a bet status.
Click on MY ACCOUNT at the top of the webpage to access your profile with the following tabs:
- Account Statement
- Edit Profile
- Change Password
- Message Centre
- Bet Search
- Print Odds: “Fast Print” and “Standard Print”
New mobile website of BetKing
Have a smartphone — stick to the new mobile version of BetKing!
At the top of their new mobile homepage, you first have the login and the join buttons.
Then goes the main menu with the following sections:
- Virtual Leagues
- Today’s Matches
- Book a Bet
- How to Deposit
- Virtual Games
- Coupon Check
- Live Chat
- Become an Agent
- How-to Tutorials
- A-Z Sports
- Odds Less Than 2
- Last Minute
- Switch to Mlite
Below the main menu, you have a string with current special offers and betting incentives. Then the “Live Now” block with top matches for in-play betting. Lower you will find the list of sports events to bet on: popular are chosen by default, but you can choose upcoming or boosted. You can call football, basketball or tennis events to be laid out and change the betting market shown.
Now, either tap on some odds to add them to your betting slip or continue to any match by tapping on it, in order to check out tens and hundreds of bets and choose among them.
In the very bottom of the mobile webpage, you can browse through sports and choose any!
Old mobile lite site of BetKing
The mlite version is perfect for feature phones (old mobiles and new feature phones) and for those wishing to avoid high traffic costs. Access the lite site at mlite.betking.com!
There is one lightweight version of the online bookmaker only. Many people call it a new mobile lite, while some search for the old mobile site of BetKing when they actually want the mlite version.
The website greets you with login and join buttons and the betslip icon at the very top. Below on the homepage of the BetKing mlite, there is the main menu consisting of the following sections:
- Sports: the menu of sporting disciplines and competitions.
- Live: betting on events as they unfold right now.
- Book a Bet: this is how to load a booking code (put it in a field).
- Coupon Check: this way BetKing allows you to check a betslip.
- Less Than 2: find odds of less than 2.00 to bet on, but first choose the maximum odds to choose (1.25, 1.50, 1.75, 2.00) and the time range (1 hour, 3 hours, today, 3 days, all).
- Today: betting on today’s sports.
- Last Minute: betting on the events that are about to start in the next few minutes.
- New Mobile Site: the version for smartphones can be accessed from here.
- Virtuals: betting on randomly generated events.
- Help: read tutorials and articles on how to play BetKing.
- Live Chat: contact the specialists in a chat online.
- Register: this is a way of how to join the bookmaker.
Below the menu, you will find the most popular bets on BetKing: upcoming top events and main odds. Tap on any match to proceed to the full assortments of bets offered on the chosen fixture.
In the bottom, there is another menu with statistics, results and some other sections.
Is this bookmaker into sporting live streams?
At the time of this BetKing review in 2023, there was no live broadcasting sports, neither football streams nor anything else. Though players can’t actually watch sports events, live matches feature a visualisation called live match tracker, which lets you get a grip of what’s going on.
BetKing customer care: number, live chat, email, Whatsapp
You can get in touch with the BetKing customer support via:
- Live chat
- Telephone number
- Social networks: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
To contact the bookmaker via live chat, just call BetKing from their online sports betting site. Usually they answer within a minute. Takebet Uganda has found their service polite and helpful. Other contacts differ by country. Check them out below!
How to contact the bookmaker in Nigeria:
- Telephone: 017005581, 012777247
- Email: email@example.com
- Whatsapp: +2349139370631
- Twitter: @betkingng, @betkinghelp
- Facebook: @betkingng
- Instagram: @betkingng
How to contact the bookmaker in Kenya:
- Telephone: 0111143000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @betkingkenya
- Facebook: @betkingkenya
- Instagram: @betkingken
How to contact the bookmaker in Ghana:
- Telephone: 0242436850
- Twitter: @betkingghana
- Facebook: @betkingghana
- Instagram: @betkingghana
How to contact the bookmaker in Ethiopia:
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @betkinget
- Facebook: @betkinge
- Instagram: @betkinget
The BetKing customer care is working 24/7 from Monday to Sunday to answer your queries.
The known address of BetKing in Nigeria is 29, Pade Odanye Close, Off Alhaji Jimoh, Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja, Lagos. The official address of BetKing in Ethiopia is Bole Sub City, Woreda 03, Street B 42-55, House Number Bole 05-985, Addis Ababa. In other countries, it is unknown.
5 things about BetKing you should know before betting
There are few surprising and awesome things to learn about BetKing before you start betting:
- The betting site is fully optimised for feature phones with their mobile lite version.
- The bookie offers virtual soccer with mobile jackpots in Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana.
- There is an odds boost promotion which lowers the margin in odds to 1-1.5%.
- The bookmaker accepts deposits and bets offline via USSD and SMS in Kenya.
- The company provides players with a Rebet feature, which allows one to change the already chosen selections in a multiple by adding or removing some from the wager.
There are quite enough advantages to BetKing. Let’s start with a large number of sports, events to bet on and betting options in a single match, which amount to hundreds for top football games. If you place the bets with “Odds Boost” turned on, you can gamble with high odds too.
In Nigeria, there are lots of deposit options to choose from: you can top up by a debit or credit card online, via USSD from a bank account, with a banking card from an ATM supporting Quickteller or Interswitch, in branches of all the big Nigerian banks and via internet bank. Other options such as depositing with an OPay mobile money application are available too.
Betting offers are multiple, for both new customers and existing ones. That includes accumulator promotions, the 100% first deposit bonus and the register promo bonus — depending on the country you reside in and on a period of time, with most bonus offers being limited in time.
Virtual football matches alongside virtual dog racing are offered for betting.
BetKing is available in a lite mobile website version too, which is perfect for feature phones and people low on mobile traffic, which is a thing in Africa. The bookmaker has many technological betting opportunities too, such as cash out, rebet feature and booking a bet, for instance.
If we are not talking about specific events and betting options graced with an odds boost, the odds of BetKing are otherwise average to small. Some big football events start with a margin as high as 4% for the 1x2 betting market, which can go even higher, while the odds — lower.
True, there are BetKing jackpots, but first of all, they are small when compared to their top competitors, and secondly, one can have a shot at winning a jackpot only by betting on virtuals. Moreover, an option to win a jackpot in virtual sports is offered in some countries only.
There is no livestreaming, so you won’t be able to watch sports on BetKing while betting.
Finally, there is no iPhone mobile application. The Android one was strangely absent from everywhere except the Kenyan version of BetKing, where it had a dedicated page.
Final thoughts on the bookie
So, is BetKing the best online sport betting website? Overall, it is a safe and satisfying playground for newbies and regulars. Everything feels enough and even over the top, except for their odds and jackpot games. In turn, this makes the lovers of jackpots and experienced bettors going after value frown. Also, the app betting is undeveloped, offered in Kenya only in 2023.
Share your thoughts!
BetKing player reviews 1