- Instant payouts
- Betting competitions with huge prizes
- Full and partial cashout
- Average odds
- No welcome bonus
- Cluttered desktop site
Review of Merrybet: Nigerian bookie strongman
Established in Lagos state in 2013, Merrybet has subsequently expanded in Nigeria to become one of the most famed local bookmakers. The company is one of the biggest in the Nigerian betting industry, offering lots of sports and bet games.
This bookie has an extensive choice of games and bets, particularly for your football predictions, and a great assortment of betting products. After you create a Merrybet account, you get a modern betting site, lite and a mouthful of classy features, such as their cashout feature, for novice and experienced gamblers. How to play Merrybet online is no-brainer with its solid client support and lots of bets!
Sports betting experts of Takebet Uganda have carried out extensive research to present you with this in-depth Merrybet review. Read on, my men — and learn everything about sign up, options of funding an account using ATM and deposit funds to Merrybet online, odds and code, placing bets via the site and the app and instant payouts.
Company info: who is the owner of Merrybet and more
Many ask “who owns Merrybet”: the owner of the company is Opeoluwa Fashakin, who established this company in 2013. It gradually rose to prominence as a strong contender in the sportsbook industry of Naija. Fashakin currently serves as the CEO too. Before founding the firm, he managed a fintech business EpaySystems. As the owner of Merrybet, Opeoluwa Fashakin has a net worth of $50,000,000.
The bookmaker itself is based in Nigeria. The only language of the site is English. Merrybet is completely legit in offering its gambling services to Nigerian punters. As of 2021, this bookmaker doesn’t operate in any other African country or overseas.
There are Merrybet betting shops in Nigeria. Its head office is located at Suite C 107/108, Ikota Shopping Complex, Lekki-Ajah Expressway, Lagos.
|Deposit options||Bank transfer, GlobalPay, Interswitch Webpay, PayDirect, Quickteller (ATM, USSD and online), GT Collections, Paystack|
|Withdrawal options||Bank transfer, instant payout|
|Sports||Football, eSoccer, basketball, tennis, ice hockey, handball, volleyball, rugby, cricket, MMA, boxing, American football and more|
Bookie reputation and licensing
Being one of the biggest bookmakers in Nigeria, Merrybet is licensed and regulated by the Lagos State Lotteries Board. Their legal name is Merry Bet Gold Ltd.
In October 2016, the bookie announced the signing of Nigerian pop stars Falz and Peter Okoye as brand ambassadors while renewing its partnership with music star Orezi. In 2019, Instagram comedian Broda Shaggi signed a deal with the firm too.
With all the football predictions one can make here, the bookie is truly the home for all fans of football. Their sponsorship clearly shows that: Merrybet has sponsored the Copa Lagos Beach Soccer, NYSC Lagos Cup 2018 and Lagos Sports Writers Association (SWAN) Cup. We assume that their ambassadorial efforts are ongoing. For instance, in 2022 Merrybet 5 Star Premier League took place: football teams from all over Nigeria competed in a series of tournaments, such as the 2022 Lagos Season held from 13 August till 24 September 2022, for making it to the Merrybet 5 Star Premier League National Final in Ibadan on October 1, 2022. The grand prize was set at 3,000,000 Nigerian Naira, with a registration fee of 200,000 NGN for a team.
The company is known for charity too. For instance, at the Celebrity Fans Challengein 2016, Merrybet donated millions of naira to various charities of Nigeria.
Setting up online: create account at Merrybet
Going through the Merrybet sign up is not the easiest part of using this bookie: the registration form is cluttered with fields one must fill to create an account online. Below you will find out how to register an account at Merrybet.
To open Merrybet account, you should be over 18 years old and have no other accounts with this bookie. Our Merrybet review will take you through, step by step:
- Go to the betting website and tap on REGISTER at the top of the page.
- Fill the Merrybet registration form online with your реrsоnаl info: full name, gender, phone, email, date of birth and physical residential address. They will also require the name of your bank, the bank account number and its type.
- Verify the data you have provided and tick the box that says you have read the terms and conditions of how to play online. Push REGISTER.
- Check for a verification link in your inbox at the email address you have provided. Tap on the link to activate your account at the bookmaker.
Another option is to use old Merrybet mobile registration — it has been designed for simple feature phones with small screens and limited internet connection. If you have such a phone, access the lite mobile Merrybet site at m.merrybet.com:
- Visit the sign up form by tapping on SIGN UP on the lite mobile site.
- State the following information: gender, first and last name, date of birth, country, state, city and the address, English as the language and Nigerian naira as the currency.
- Make up your login and password.
- Add your email address and mobile phone number.
- Select your bank, the type of your account and its number.
- Read the Merrybet rules and check all the boxes.
- Complete your sign up and wait for the confirmation email.
Congrats, you have completed your Merrybet online registration!
Login to Merrybet: accessing online account
After you have already registered at this online bookmaker, it becomes possible to complete a Merrybet account login. It is all but hard!
Here is how to log:
- Access the betting website.
- Fill in the Merrybet login form with your username and password.
- Hit LOG IN to access your account.
On the desktop version, the login form is in the top right corner of a page. On the mobile site, you need to tap on the profile icon in the corner of a screen.
Account verification (KYC)
After a betting account has been successfully registered, an additional verification of your identity may be necessary before you can place bets and do withdrawals.
Upon request, provide the bookmaker with some of your documents that indicate your age and individual info such as the address to pass your KYC verification.
For identification, documents required can be:
- A passport
- An identification card
- A driving license
The provided document must be valid at the time of submission.
Home address identification may require a scanned copy or a photo of:
- A bank statement
- A utility bill
- A council tax bill
- A mortgage statement
- An admission letter
Make sure the proof of address isn't older than three months.
After you have successfully submitted your documents for address and identity verification procedure, you'll have to wait for confirmation. It may take one to three days.
You can use our guide on how to withdraw money from Merrybet once your personal account has been authenticated and all your data has been checked successfully.
Merrybet bonus offers and promotional activity
A Merrybet welcome bonus is an extinct animal as of 2023 — meaning there is none. So as a new player, after you have registered Merrybet successfully, the bookie will take your first deposit and let you place bets without granting a sign up bonus. This may change further due to the rising level of bookie competition.
Otherwise, there are some promo offers worth mentioning.
Cash back for accumulator bets
To make up for the absence of the welcome betting offer, this online bookie occasionally gives promo codes that can be used to get a cashback.
Here is how to use Merrybet cashback on accumulators:
- Place a multibet of five games or more.
- Make sure odds of each selection are 1.50 or higher.
- When lost by one selection only, the acca will lend a 5% cash back.
A Merrybet cash back promo code can be found in your betting account “History” among bet slips. Alternatively, find it offline on a slip from a Merrybet shop. A code expires in 24 hours.
The minimum stake for this accumulator cashback is 200 NGN.
Merrybet Predict and Win promotion
This promotion is not active. It was based on jackpots with more than 100,000,000 Nigerian naira to be won by dropping a prediction. To participate, one needed to register at merrybetpredict.com, the site which is not inactive.
The promotion notably ran around 2014-2015. Each month brought a 1 million prize for those who had correctly guessed the outcome of at least eight out of 10 given football games, with 100,000 NGN, 50,000 NGN and 30,000 NGN prizes. The biggest money was awarded to those who had topped the leaderboard by the year’s end: first place — 15,000,000 NGN, second — 12,000,000 NGN, third — 10,000,000 NGN.
This Predict and Win promo was succeeded by the Punters League which also entails predictions — check next for the rules of this following competition.
The competition called Punters League is a seasonal sports betting tournament set up by the online bookmaker for its users on the gambling website. This Merrybet betting competition is not permanent and may not run currently.
To take part, one should create a Merrybet account and place a minimum stake of 200 NGN on an accumulator with three or more football games. Odds for each selection included in the accumulator must be 1.20 or higher. Only the first 30 bets which qualify during a month are counted towards the Merrybet betting competition. Also, don’t make duplicate bets — they will be counted only once anyways.
You gain points for winning bets: the more wagers you win, the more likely you are to become the champion of the contest. Individuals with the most points are selected. The bookmaker awards prizes every week, every month and every quarter. The grand prize — millions of naira — is awarded after the football season is over.
Mind that a customer can only win once from each category of prizes. If numerous customers have the same number of points for a winning position, the customer who made the most money wins the prize.
The 2020/2021 edition of the competition ran for six months, from 1 December 2020 to 30 May 2021, and saw the highest-ranking punters amassing great cash prizes. At the end of each month, quarter and season, the top three overall winners were welcomed in the Merrybet headquarters in Lagos for a presentation of wins.
Below is the prize scheme for the most recent Punters League.
Monthly prizes of the betting competition:
- First prize: 300,000 NGN
- Second prize: 200,000 NGN
- Third prize: 100,000 NGN
Quarterly prizes of the betting competition:
- First prize: 500,000 NGN
- Second prize: 300,000 NGN
- Third prize: 200,000 NGN
Season prizes of the betting competition:
- First prize : 2,000,000 NGN
- Second prize: 1,000,000 NGN
- Third prize: 500,000 NGN
The next season of the punters league may be on its way right now! How to be eligible: register on Merrybet online and wait for the betting contest to start.
Instructions on odds and code booking
For its customers, Merrybet allows booking codes with odds. By doing that, you reserve a particular bet and use it later with the current odds if the bet and the event are still available.
Here is how to book Merrybet code for odds:
- Access the betting site or download their mobile app and log in.
- Pick a bet and add it to your bet slip.
- Push the BOOK-A-BET button.
- You will see a message with the booking code where the bet slip was.
Here is how to use Merrybet odds and codes to bet with them:
- Access the betting site or the app.
- Find a “Quick bet” tab (under the bet slip on the website).
- Enter your Merrybet booking code and press CHECK.
- Study the bet in the opened window and press RE-BET to wager on it.
The “Quick bet” option is a way of how to check Merrybet slip with a bet too.
Methods helping deposit funds to Merrybet
The Merrybet bookie only allows Nigerian naira currency for deposits, thus implementing the regulations of the Nigerian Federal Inland Revenue House.
Merrybet provides multiple deposit options:
- Instant bank transfer (Wema Bank)
- Interswitch Webpay
- Quickteller: ATM, USSD and online deposits
- GT Collections (GTBank)
- Paystack: card and bank deposit
To be able to place a bet, funding your Merrybet account with a deposit is the first thing you should learn from our review. Be warned: amounts of more than 20,000 NGN better be deposited directly with the firm and not through their agents. Otherwise, you may run into deep checks — this is stated in their “Help” section.
Punters can deposit money to Merrybet online and offline, using a variety of ways provided by the bookmaker. There are a lot of options available which can either be through different online payment methods or cash payment methods. All you need to do is to choose the most convenient one and know how to credit an account.
The minimum deposit depends on the payment system used, ranging from 10 NGN and 50 NGN with Interswitch Webpay and with Paystack, respectively, to 100 NGN and 500 NGN with GlobalPay and with Quickteller, respectively.
The maximum deposit largely depends on the payment system used as well, with 500,000 NGN as an available maximum with GlobalPay.
Let’s review all the ways of deposition at Merrybet!
|Method||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|Instant bank transfer||N/A||N/A||Instant||Trans. fee|
|GlobalPay||100 NGN||500k NGN||Instant||Trans. fee|
|Interswitch Webpay||10 NGN||20k NGN||Instant||Trans. fee|
|Quickteller (ATM)||500 NGN||N/A||Instant||Free|
|Quickteller (USSD)||500 NGN||N/A||Instant||Free|
|Quickteller (online)||500 NGN||N/A||Instant||Free|
|GT Collections||N/A||N/A||Instant||100 NGN|
|Paystack||50 NGN||N/A||Instant||Trans. fee|
Deposit money into your Merrybet account via an ATM in Nigeria. This service is offered at many banking machines across the country and is really uncomplicated:
- Use a Quickteller-enabled ATM with your bank card.
- Input your PIN.
- Tap on QUICKTELLER or OTHER WALLETS for GTBank.
- Tap on PAY BILLS and then on OTHERS.
- Use one of the available codes to specify the amount of payment: 50801 — 500 NGN, 50802 — 1,000 NGN, 50803 — 2,000 NGN, 50804 — 3,000 NGN, 50805 — 5,000 NGN, 50806 — 10,000 NGN, 50807 — Any amount.
- After employing any code, input your online user ID from Merrybet.
- Validate your details and tap on ACCEPT AMOUNT DUE.
- Enter your phone number and tap on PROCEED to confirm.
This is how to credit Merrybet account in an instant fashion!
There is an option of topping up Merrybet via the Quickteller USSD.
Use the *723*AMOUNTCODE# to pay an exact amount offered by the system.
The amount codes for Merrybet Quickteller USSD deposits are the same as for ATM:
- 50801 — 500 NGN
- 50802 — 1,000 NGN
- 50803 — 2,000 NGN
- 50804 — 3,000 NGN
- 50805 — 5,000 NGN
- 50806 — 10,000 NGN
- 50807 — Any amount
Otherwise, dial *723*50807*AMOUNT# to top up Merrybet with any amount.
One may also top up an online account with Merrybet via Quickteller online:
- Visit the Quickteller.com website.
- Tap on PAY BILLS to bring out all options.
- Select “Betting, Lottery and Gaming” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose to deposit fund to Merrybet Gold Limited. Enter the details required.
- Verify the payment details and proceed — a confirmation email will be sent.
GT Collections Nigeria (GTBank)
One of the most common ways of how to credit Merrybet account is through internet banking. It is a simple process, and your betting wallet gets deposited instantly.
Using GTBank internet banking is one way to do the trick:
- Log into your GTB account.
- Tap on PAYMENTS AND COLLECTIONS.
- Select “Sports and Gaming” and then “Merrybet”.
- Tap on MAKE NEW PAYMENTS.
- Select “Top Up” from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in your User ID plus the amount and tap on CONTINUE.
- Verify your details before proceeding.
- Answer GTB security questions and then tap on PAY.
Your betting account should get in the black instantly. Email the GTB customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org if no money gets transferred in two hours.
Note: Merrybet deposit charges equal 100 NGN with GTBank.
Instant bank transfer (Wema Bank)
If you wonder how to fund Merrybet via mobile banking, you can send an instant bank transfer. This is done with Wema Bank as a Merrybet intermediary.
Here is how to make Merrybet instant deposit via mobile banking:
- Sign in to your betting account.
- Tap on DEPOSITS and then on INSTANT BANK TRANSFER.
- Take the unique Wema Bank account credentials created for you.
- Check into your bank app of choice or use your bank’s USSD to deposit with the given Wema Bank account number — money will land in your wallet.
That’s how to credit your account with a banking app!
PayDirect is a financial service that allows you to deposit funds into your account at the selected Nigerian banks. Deposit in offices of the following banks to Merrybet:
- Access Bank
- Access Bank (Diamond)
- Eco Bank
- Enterprise Bank
- Fidelity Bank
- First Bank
- Heritage Bank
- Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Sterling Bank
- Union Bank
- United Bank for Africa (UBA)
- Zenith Bank
To make a PayDirect bank deposit to Merrybet, you first need to know your customer ID — you will find it in your betting account. Fill the bank deposit slip as follows:
- Title of account — PAYDIRECT (Merrybet Gold).
- A/C No — your customer ID.
- Depositor’s full name — your first and last name.
- Depositor’s address — your phone number, same as on Merrybet.
- Amount — a sum of money you want to deposit.
Submit the teller to the cashier saying that’s for “topping up”. The operation will be completed by the cashier, and a receipt will be issued. Your account with Merrybet will be credited instantly. Mind that you will be charged 100 NGN as a service fee.
Another way of how to deposit funds to Merrybet is through Paystack. This payment gateway in Nigeria lets you pay either through your credit card or a bank account.
Paystack credit card deposit to Merrybet is done like this:
- Visit the betting site and sign in.
- Proceed to DEPOSITS and tap on PAYSTACK CARD DEPOSIT.
- Enter the amount you are ready to pay and tap on the DEPOSIT button.
- Wait until redirected to Paystack, fill in the card details and confirm.
Instructions for Paystack bank account deposit on Merrybet:
- Access the online bookmaker and sign in.
- Go to DEPOSITS and hit PAYSTACK BANK DEPOSIT.
- Fill in the required details and the amount to be deposited.
- Review your details at Merrybet and hit DEPOSIT.
- Wait until an OTP is created if your bank requires a security token. Enter your OTP to complete this deposit transaction from your Nigerian bank.
No matter the method, your Merrybet online account should be deposited instantly!
Interswitch Webpay lets you deposit to Merrybet with an Interswitch ATM card. To use Interswitch with Merrybet, you'll need a Mastercard or Verve card in naira:
- Go to the betting website and log in.
- Choose WEBPAY NIGERIA DEPOSIT in the section with deposits.
- Enter the amount to pay and tap on NEXT. The total amount to be transacted, including the service charge (if defined), will be shown.
- Tap on CONFIRM to proceed with your transaction.
- Tap on ACCEPT when your transaction ID is displayed.
- Select your bank card type and fill in the details after you are redirected to the Interswitch Webpay payment gateway. Then confirm the transaction.
If the deposit is successful, your account will be funded immediately.
GlobalPay is one more method of crediting Merrybet:
- Visit the betting website and sign in.
- Tap on the DEPOSITS link at the top and then on GLOBALPAY DEPOSIT.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit and tap on NEXT. The total transaction amount will be displayed.
- Hit ACCEPT to proceed.
- Select your bank card type and fill in the required details after you are redirected to the GlobalPay payment gateway. Confirm the transfer.
If the payment is successful, your account will be funded immediately.
How to go about withdrawing funds from Merrybet
According to experts of Takebet Uganda, the Merrybet online bookmaker is one of the fastest bookies of Nigeria and Africa generally in terms of payout times.
There are two ways of how to withdraw money from Merrybet:
- Instant payout
- Bank payout
Though these two methods are the only offered by the bookie, they are more than enough. While instant payout is all about speed and making smaller withdrawals, a bank transfer payout offers higher limits alongside longer times.
The minimum withdrawal at Merrybet equals 1,000 NGN for a bank payout and 1 NGN via instant withdrawal. The maximum payout in Merrybet is 500,000 NGN for a bank transfer and 30,001 NGN for an instant payment. The withdrawal charges equal 100 NGN when withdrawing to a bank and 50 NGN for an instant payout.
Mind that you can’t withdraw any deposited money until you haven’t staked it.
Note: before you can complete your first withdrawal, you may be asked to pass the KYC verification by providing the bookmaker with your ID and some other documents.
|Method||Min limit||Max limit||Time||Charges|
|Bank payout||1k NGN||500k NGN||24 hours||100 NGN|
|Instant payout||1 NGN||30k NGN||Instantly||50 NGN|
Use this method when you want to withdraw large monies and you don’t care if they come later in the day. The bank payout at Merrybet takes up to 24 hours.
Here is how to complete a Merrybet bank withdrawal:
- Visit the sportsbook and sign in.
- Tap on PAYOUTS.
- Tap on BANK PAYOUT.
- Fill in your bank details and the amount you want to withdraw.
- Tap on PAYOUT.
The requested amount will be credited into your bank account.
Instant payout at Merrybet
A faster, but more restricted alternative to a classic bank payout.
Here is how to complete an instant payout on Merrybet:
- Visit the sports betting site and log in.
- Tap on PAYOUTS.
- Tap on INSTANT PAYOUT.
- Fill in your bank details and the amount you want to withdraw.
- Tap on PAYOUT.
Note: the requested amount will be credited into your bank account. This instant payout allows you to withdraw profits from the last 24 hours only.
Ultimate review of sports betting opportunities
Now that you are registered, let’s learn how to make your first bet! The bookie has a diverse range of betting markets and bet products. You can bet single wagers, accumulator wagers and gamble on system bets at this bookmaker.
Currently, Merrybet offers a total of more than 26 sports and tens of tournaments. Virtual games are provided too, with a plethora of wagering options. Apart from sports, there is also the availability of non-sporting events punters can wager on. Below you will learn how to place a bet on sports as a Merrybet punter.
The Merrybet minimum stake is set at 50 NGN. There is no maximum stake, but the maximum payout is present and equals 10,000,000 NGN per bet.
Here is how to go about playing online at this bookmaker:
- Visit Merrybet.com and log into your account.
- Select the game you would like to stake on from the various sports available on the left-hand side of the page.
- Tap on the “+” sign in front of any sport to check all the options available: different countries, competitions and league tiers.
- Add the odds of your prediction to the bet slip.
- Check the possible winnings and tap on NEXT to place the bet.
The exact amount staked will be taken from your account balance.
To combine a multiple bet, simply tap on the odds of the games you wish to bet on. The selections will be added to your bet slip immediately with an opportunity to choose either an accumulator or a system bet, which will influence the winnings.
Merrybet also offers its punters an opportunity to place stakes on virtual games. Virtuals entails wagering on teams that are not actual but rather computed. A game lasts only three minutes, and money falls to an account immediately if a bet wins. There are virtual tennis, virtual football and basketball, horse racing and dogs.
The Merrybet Golden Race is another kind of virtual event: whole football league rounds being played every few minutes. Merrybet odds in these simulations are based on real-world statistics and results. You will need to guess 1x2 winners of matches — and not only in football, but also horse racing, greyhound and more.
There are also non-sporting gambling products on Merrybet, such as the Lucky Six. That is a game of numbers and colours, where every few minutes you pick and combine different variations of possible outcomes of the balls’ draw. Like a lottery!
And one should not forget about 1x2 Games on the Merrybet online betting site: fast bets in video simulations, online slots and casino games such as roulette and blackjack.
What sports and tournaments can you bet on?
Use tens of sports for your betting predictions:
- Ice hockey
- American football
- Table tennis and many more
On Merrybet, football is the most wagered sport. Merrybet offers odds on a wide range of top leagues: punters bet on UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, English Premier League, Spanish La Liga Primera, Italian Serie A, German Bundesliga, French Ligue 1 and over forty other leagues all over Europe, Africa and the world, going as deep as fourth-fifth divisions.
Tennis is also well represented! Wager on such tournaments as Grand Slams, ATP and WTA competitions in singles and doubles, as well as ITF and Challengers.
Basketball betting is available with coverage of top events. On Merrybet, you will be able to place a rich selection of bets on NBA, other North American basketball tournaments and Olympics, popular African, European and Asian basketball events.
How rewarding are the odds on Merrybet?
One can say that betting odds of Merrybet are average. This bookmaker has an average odds margin of 5%. Talking about big markets such as 1x2, Merrybet odds margins start at around 3-4% for the biggest football events out there and reach the level of around 7% for average sporting events in their line. Small markets like props and statistical bets, as well as less popular tournaments, reach 12-15% margins.
|Football||Copa America||Argentina vs Brazil||3.71||3.16||2.16||4.89%|
|Tennis||WTA||Barty vs Pliskova||1.39||-||2.84||7.15%|
|Basketball||NBA||Bucks vs Suns||1.61||14.57||2.57||7.88%|
Betting markets and options
Merrybet gives players an access to a fair amount of betting markets.
In football, you can count on at least 150-170 bet options before a match for your football prediction. Markets get more diverse closer to an event, and on the day of the game, they may surpass 200. Less popular games fall under 150 markets.
Main football betting options at Merrybet:
- Over under goal totals
- Double chance
- European handicap
- Asian handicap
- Both teams to score
- Correct score
- Draw no bet
- Goal/no goal
On Merrybet, booking events (such as yellow and red cards), the first team to score and other props are available, small markets which may turn out to be profitable.
Quantity of basketball betting markets is close to football in numbers, with 100-150 bet variations for NBA matches in the lines. And even more for the playoffs of the league! The main options are 1x2 in full-time of a match, a half and a quarter, draw no bet, under over points totals for a match and individual ones, as well as point handicaps.
In tennis, the number of bet options usually starts at 20. It may end somewhere near 50, if we are talking about Grand Slams, ATP Masters 1000 and WTA 1000. Among bets, there are match and set winners, under over and handicaps for sets and games.
Bet live as matches unfold
Merrybet allows a rich in-play section with live betting. Punters may have a higher chance of winning if they use the in-play option, which allows you to wager on events as they happen. You see how the athletes play — and you bet! Lots of live betting events are available every day including football, basketball, tennis, volleyball and baseball.
Specific betting markets for live football matches on Merrybet include:
- A player who will score first
- A total number of corner kicks
- A total number of goal kicks
- A total number of cards
- An exact time frame for a goal to be scored
- Which team will score the next goal
You can place single and combo bets in-play across various sports on offer.
The live betting platform has a four-screen layout with Multi Live and Single Live. The former allows you to view more than one event at the same time, while the latter allows you to view only one event at a time. Live Calendar displays a week's schedule of live events for gamblers. The last section in the Live section is “Streaming”, where you can wager on events that are streamed by the bookie.
Exercising Merrybet cashout
There is an option called cashout at Merrybet which allows punters to get their bet settled before the sporting event has been decisively concluded. It allows you either make some profit or cap your losses depending on the way the match progresses.
The Merrybet cash out feature is available for singles and accumulators, both prematch and live. In the following circumstances, cashout is temporarily disabled:
- live betting slip for events that are about to end;
- bet slip with games that have ended but have not yet been settled.
On Merrybet, cashout can be either full or partial. On bet slips that qualify, you will spot the FULL CASHOUT button. The cashed out money is credited to your account when you tap on this button, and the bet slip is treated as won and will not be processed further regardless of the eventual result of the event.
Instead of a full cashout, a customer might choose a partial cashout to go with. For this, you need to enter a partial cash out amount that is less than the entire cashout amount available in this scenario. After the partial cashout, the algorithm makes use of the remaining money to compute a changed stake and new potential winnings.
Merrybet has created Colossus jackpot product as a pool betting that requires punters to predict the result of quite a few sporting events simultaneously. The Merrybet jackpot bonus is available in a variety of sports including football, basketball and tennis. Colossus offers a cashout in all the pools on the bookie.
Punters of the Colossus must correctly predict whether a match will end in a home win, a draw or an away win (1x2). These are the features to know about:
- Guaranteed jackpot payouts: winners get a payout regardless of the overall amount of player contributions to the pools.
- Consolation prizes: for those who come close to the Big Jackpot prizes.
- Cashout feature: allows punters to sell all or a portion of their tickets back. It allows you to lock in profit no matter how the remaining legs of the pool play out. This feature allows you to max your possible gains while capping losses.
The Colossus pools offer the following betting markets:
- Correct score
- Asian handicap
- Over under goal totals
- Both teams to score
- Point margin
- Finishing order
The minimum stake for Colossus in Merrybet is 20 NGN. The maximum is 200 NGN.
Here is how to bet on Colossus at Merrybet:
- Sign in to the site or the app and tap on COLOSSUS.
- Tap on the PLAY button of the pool you want to participate in. You will be redirected to the main pool page, see a coupon and a bet slip for the pool.
- Stake what you want over the minimum of 20 NGN and under 200 NGN.
- Select the “Tickets” tab to access your tickets in the in-running and soon to run pools of the Merrybet Colossus jackpots.
Punters can also use the smart pick feature that assists you in making your ticket selection. Colossus syndicates allow crowd betting: you can either back existing tickets or become a “captain” and create your own tickets to crowdfund into Colossus pools. Tap on SYNDICATE to see available tickets or create yours.
Instructions on downloading mobile app of Merrybet
Merrybet pushed its Android mobile application to the market in 2021. One can use it on any mobile phone with an Android 4.03 version or higher. That means that you can bet on Merrybet with full user experience and at speed on your phone or tablet.
The mobile application of Merrybet offers a real slick and lite user experience, being very convenient to navigate and having full functionality of the betting site. And surely you are able to create your Merrybet mobile account via the application.
Download Merrybet app on Android mobile in the following way:
- Visit Merrybet.com.
- Tap on the APP link in the menu.
- Tap on DOWNLOAD FOR FREE on the following page.
- Install the Merrybet .APK file and run it.
- Check if the Android app was installed.
Happy betting on your phone, men!
Desktop and mobile website: designs and experience
The Merrybet company is one of the most advanced in Nigeria. The sportsbook provides a modern online hub that is exciting but may be initially hard to grasp for new players. The downside is that it is kind of cluttered with features, albeit useful.
On the desktop version of the Merrybet’s homepage, there is the list of sports available to wager on. The search bar is in the top left corner: it allows punters to access leagues, matches and other specific pages in a blink of an eye.
In addition, the statistics and live sports page contains a wealth of information on teams and players to assist punters in making better decisions regarding their bets.
The live section is placed central to the homepage, where you can see ongoing sporting events. When you have finally chosen a match you wish to wager on, tap to move it to the event page. You will see scores and the most important stats, as well as the graphical display of the match being played right now for a live event.
Mobile betting site version
There is a full www.merrybet.com mobile site version for smartphones and old Merrybet lite site for simple phones and users with limited internet connection or on costly traffic plans.
You may access your account at Merrybet on any phone or tablet by tapping on MY ACCOUNT in the bottom right corner of the mobile screen. After logging in, tap on the menu symbol to get a drop-down menu and pick a feature you want to use.
Along with “Sports”, there is also the “Live” icon in the mobile tab menu. The former lists all sports for wagering, and the latter lists all current events that are ongoing. Virtual games available at this bookie are included in the menu as well.
A drop-down menu in the top left corner contains all website pages and features. In there, you can find all of the events and tournaments on which you can bet.
Are there any sporting live streams?
Merrybet online sportsbook offers livestreaming which allows punters to follow a broadcast of an ongoing live event. The live streams are sometimes not available as they cover only a fraction of sports, such as football and tennis, badminton, table tennis and beach volleyball — and not all leagues and events are offered at that.
To enjoy live streams on Merrybet, you need to log in — no deposit or bets needed.
Merrybet boasts a team of skilled customer care specialists, whom you may contact via an email and a live chat. Merrybet customers can also reach the company via Whatsapp in Nigeria.
Average waiting time in a live chat is 15 minutes, which is quite long. A support bot will talk to you first: it is able to resolve simple issues, and a person will join the chat if needed. When we tested live chat support, a customer care specialist helped us fast and was polite, so apart from a long waiting time, everything was fine.
This is how you can contact Merrybet support:
- Customer care telephone number: 017002030
- Whatsapp support: 08164387525
- Email: email@example.com
5 things about Merrybet you should know before betting
Before you start betting on Merrybet, let’s see what you need to know:
- The company was first established as an online casino in 2013 and later introduced a sportsbook to the platform, which is now the priority.
- The bookie doesn't offer a welcome bonus, but has several ongoing promotions for current clientele and a huge betting competition.
- The firm provides punters with numerous gambling products such as Virtuals, an online lottery and an online casino, a fantasy league and much more.
- The company offers Colossus jackpot betting and a cashout feature.
- The bookmaker allows live betting and watching live streams on the platform.
To summarize the review of Merrybet, we should state that this Nigerian bookmaker offers a wide range of sporting events and enough betting markets to have fun. The non-sport products, such as casino and games, are present. There is a decent cashout feature allowing even a partial cash out and a cash back of 5%.
You can bet on jackpots with Merrybet Colossus and, at times, there is a betting competition called Merrybet Punters League that lets you win millions of naira.
The bookie allows customers to watch sports broadcasts with no deposit after completion of your registration. And now you can download Merrybet app. But if you have a lite phone, there is a lite mobile version on this bookie you can use.
In our Merrybet review, Takebet Uganda would also state that there are some disadvantages to this bookie. During the registration, you will have no options but to state a whole bunch of other details, which will take more time than usual. Betting odds are average or even lower than that compared to other bookmakers in the country.
The desktop website feels somewhat cluttered at first and may be reorganized.
Also, this sportsbook doesn't have a welcome bonus for its new customers.
Conclusion about the bookmaker
Let’s conclude our in-depth review about Merrybet! The bookie provides its users with a lite but rather cluttered desktop website, though their mobile site and the app are decent. The registration form is a complex one and could use a simplification.
As compared to other Nigerian sportsbooks we have reviewed, Merrybet odds don’t stand out — they are average at best, but the choice of events and markets is solid.
There is no Merrybet welcome bonus for you, but a cash back of 5% on accas.
Overall, we believe Merrybet to be a proper bookmaker and surely one of the most rich in betting and gambling products, as well as one of the best for a Nigerian bettor.