Tennis betting tips: 1x2 option overview
Safe to say that tennis betting begins with the 1x2 option! This is a common name for outcome bets on one or the other athlete winning a match, a set, or a game in tennis.
There are two possible outcomes to a tennis fixture:
- The first player to win (1)
- The second player to win (2)
Most of the time, Takebet Uganda offers single tennis picks. However, our analysts may also drop accumulators mixing 1x2 with over/under totals, handicaps, scores of sets and games, etc.
Read on to learn more about tennis betting tips on 1x2!
1x2 tennis predictions explained
When you think of outcome bets, think about tennis predictions for 1x2. Hence the name, you would believe this is a three-way bet, but in tennis, you can’t bet on a draw. Any tennis match is played by two individuals (in singles) or two pairs (in doubles), and every match — be it a bo3 or bo5 fixture — has an outright winner.
Aside from full-time picks, Takebet Uganda drops predictions for outcomes of sets too.
Example: you bet on Novak Djokovic to win over Andrey Rublev in a bo5 match at Wimbledon. Imagine Novak Djokovic won 3:2 by sets, and so is your bet!
You can mix such picks with other bets on the same match in combo picks. For example, online bookmakers often provide betting on 1x2 plus over under total. Regarding such selections, both parts of a bet should come true for you to take your winnings.
Tennis accumulators with 1x2 tips
Tennis accumulator betting tips with 1x2 are combinations of an outcome bet with at least one another selection from a different match. The odds of accumulators are usually much higher than those of singles: ours amount to 10.00 (+900 American; 9/1 Fractional).
Tennis tournaments we preview and predict
A lot of tennis tournaments are played across the globe, and Takebet Uganda predicts all important ones. The experts select picks for men’s and women’s competitions, singles and doubles.
Top tournaments with 1x2 tennis betting tips include:
- Australian Open
- French Open
- US Open
- ATP Masters 1000
- ATP 500
- WTA 1000
- WTA 500
- Davis Cup
- Fed Cup (Billie Jean King Cup)
- Summer Olympic tennis tournament
How experts analyse tennis for 1x2 predictions
Analysing matches for tennis predictions can be quite tasking, but knowing what’s essential makes it almost a piece of cake. Takebet Uganda encompasses experienced analysts tasked with this.
Here is what we analyse to offer valuable 1x2 tennis bets:
- Look up the rankings of both players. It’s rare to see a low-ranking player knocking out a high-ranking one, though there are exceptions, especially in less stable women’s tennis. So, first of all, you should check out and compare the ATP/WTA rankings of the opponents.
- Check out the recent form. Before wagering, a betting expert must compare the form of both players in the latest matches. You should check the last month alongside all tournaments played on the same court surface this season. What is the ratio of wins to defeats? How easy were the wins for these athletes, especially at the same tournament? Have they rested enough? Have a given player defeated opponents of the same level in those games?
- Explore the H2H record. Understand the trend of the head-to-head matches between the athletes, better from the last three to five years. Check out tournaments of the same level and with the same court surface with special care. Who had the upper hand in those fixtures?
- Analyse odds. Understanding probabilities is key to picking bets effectively: when the actual chances of some events are underestimated by bookies — real value arises.
1x2 tennis betting strategies
To be a successful punter, you must be disciplined and follow a strategy. So let’s explore some betting tactics which we at Takebet Uganda use:
Strategy for tennis bets on favourites. Pick the stronger side to win under the following circumstances: 1) the favourite is at the peak of their form and is highly motivated to win the tournament (e.g. Grand Slam, ATP Masters 1000 or WTA 1000), 2) the odds have been just issued, and those offered on the favourite’s victory are valuable enough, 3) the favourite is playing on their fancied surface, 4) the favourite has the upper hand in H2H. Early on, a favourite may lose a few games, so you want to wait for higher odds in live mode.
Strategy for tennis live bets on games. Wager on the victory of an athlete in a particular game of a set under the following conditions: 1) bet on the favourite to win a game on his serve when playing on a fast surface, 2) bet on the favourite to win a game on other’s serve when that’s a decisive one (e.g. when the score is 2-5), 3) bet on the underdog winning a game on his serve with a Martingale strategy, 4) bet on a tie-break in the second set with odds over 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional) in matches of equal athletes with a Martingale strategy.
More tips on tennis
We also publish free tennis betting tips with other types of bets.
Other sections with predictions for tennis:
Get to the chase and bet on the free tennis predictions with 1x2 tips!