2023 Australian Open: Andrey Rublev vs Holger Rune prediction and betting tips (January 23)
Holger Rune won over Andrey Rublev to nil in their single H2H fixture. Will he repeat his success to qualify for the quarter-final?
Holger Rune has won all matches in the 2023 AO to nil
Holger Rune has won all matches in the 2023 AO to nil

The Andrey Rublev vs Holger Rune fixture in the 2023 Australian Open will take place on Monday, January 23, 2023, starting at 3:30 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne.

Latest odds on betting sites

Andrey Rublev is priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractional) to win the next match, which equals an approximate probability of 43%. Holger Rune has an odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) to qualify for the next stage. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 57%.

The latest odds for Andrey Rublev vs Holger Rune (January 23, 2023):

  • Over 40.5 games β€” 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Under 40.5 games β€” 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Asian handicap (-0.5) games on Rune β€” 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (+0.5) games on Rublev β€” 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Rune β€” 2.50 (+150; 3/2)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Rublev β€” 1.50 (-200; 1/2)

Match preview and statistics

Andrey Rublev had a streak of three losses before the 2023 Australian Open. However, he started this tournament confidently. He won two out of three matches with a 3-0 score.

In Round 2, Andrey Rublev lost his single set against Emil Ruusuvuori (6-2, 6-4, 6-7, 6-3). the first set was easy. Rublev won the first four games in a row and kept an advantage. In the second and third sets, players were absolutely equal and they traded them to play the fourth one. The last set was similar to the first one. Rublev received a fast three-game advantage and kept it.

In the most recent game, the Russian tennis player destroyed Daniel Evans (6-4, 6-2, 6-3). In the first set, he converted a break point in the last game. In the second set, Andrey Rublev won the last four games in a row to prove his domination. Also, he gave only three break point opportunities to his rival in the last set and saved all.

A total of under 8.5 games in the first set has played out in four of the last seven matches with Andrey Rublev participating. The same total comes with the odds of 4.30 (+330; 33/10) in this match.

Holger Rune has won nine of the last 10 matches. He finished the 2022 season perfectly winning the 2022 ATP Paris. Holger Rune defeated Hurkacz, Alcaraz Garfia, Rublev, Auger-Aliassime, and Djokovic in this tournament, which is an incredible result. Also, he has won all matches in this tournament to nil.

In Round 2, Holger Rune eliminated Maxime Cressy (7-5, 6-4, 6-4). He beat his rival to nil, but all sets were close. Holder Rune gave his rival only two break point opportunities and saved one of them. He won 15 out of 16 service games and 25% out of 16 return games winning 55% of all points.

Holger Rune destroyed Ugo Humbert (6-4, 6-2, 7-6) in the most recent fixture. In the first set, Rune reached a 5-2 score and did not let his rival come back. In the second set, he reached a 4-0 score and kept the advantage to the end of the set. They were so close in the last set, but Rune beat his rival in tie-breaks.

Holger Rune has won all matches in this tournament to nil. He comes with the odds of 4.75 (+375; 15/4) in this fixture.

Andrey Rublev vs Holger Rune H2H

Holger Rune defeated Andrey Rublev (6-4, 7-5) in the Round of 16 of the 2022 ATP Paris. The Danish tennis player saved all six break point opportunities and converted two out of three break points. The match was so close, Rublev and Rune won 47% and 53% of the points, respectively.

Prediction and betting tips

Holger Rune played perfectly in this tournament. He has won all matches with a 3-0 score each, but his rivals were a bit weaker than Andrey Rublev’s opponents. He has not met any rivals from the top 40 ATP. The Russian tennis player smashed Daniel Evans in the most recent fixture.

Rune won the last H2H match against Andrey Rublev, but the tennis players were equal in that game and Rublev received more break point opportunities. In this match, they are likely to show an incredibly close game. A total of over 40.5 games looks safe.

Betting prediction: Over 40.5 games

Odds: 1.95 (-105 American; 19/20 Fractions)

Andrey Rublev β€” Holger Rune
Over 40.5 games
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!