The Karen Khachanov vs Stefanos Tsitsipas fixture in the 2023 Australian Open will take place on Friday, January 27, 2023, starting at 3:30 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne.
Latest odds on betting sites
Karen Khachanov is priced with the odds of 3.30 (+230 American; 23/10 Fractional) to win the next match, which equals an approximate probability of 30%. Stefanos Tsitsipas has an odds of 1.40 (-250; 2/5) to qualify for the next stage. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 70%.
The latest odds for Karen Khachanov vs Stefanos Tsitsipas (January 27, 2023):
- Over 39.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 39.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Khachanov — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Tsitsipas — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
- Asian handicap (-4.5) games on Tsitsipas — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
- Asian handicap (+4.5) games on Khachanov — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
Match preview and statistics
Karen Khacahnov has won three out of his five rivals in this tournament to nil. However, he has met only one higher-ranked opponent in the 2023 AO. That was Frances Tiafoe (6-3, 6-4, 3-6, 7-6) in Round 3.
In the most recent match, Karen Khachanov beat Sebastian Korda (7-6, 6-3, 3-0). In the first set, the Russian tennis player reached a 5-2 score, but then his rival came back by winning the next three games in a row. In tie-breaks, they were absolutely equal, but after a 3-3 score, Khachanov won three points in a row to receive three set points and converted the last one to win the set.
After a 2-3 score in the second set, Khachanov won four games in a row to finish it in his favor. Sebastian Korda was unable to continue in the third set due to injury, which made Khachanov qualify for the next stage by a tech victory.
A total of under 9.5 games has played out in six of the last 10 sets Karen Khachanov played. The same total comes with the odds of 2.25 (+125; 5/4) in the first set against Tsitsipas.
Stefanos Tsitsipas has won the last 12 matches and has won the last two tournaments in a row. He is close to qualifying for the third final in a row. During this streak of victories, Tsitsipas defeated Casper Ruud, Andrey Rublev, Matteo Berrettini, Jannik Sinner, and many other strong rivals.
In the quarter-final, Stefanos Tsitsipas Jiri Lehecka (6-4, 7-6, 6-4). In the first set, the Greek tennis player reached a 3-0 score and kept the advantage until the end of the match. In the second one, Lehecka received five break point opportunities but was not lucky to convert them, then Tsitsipas smashed him in the tie-breaks. Tsitsipas converted a single break point and match points in the last game of the third set to beat his rival in this match to nil.
Stefanos Tsitsipas has won four out of five matches in this tournament to nil. He comes with the odds of 3.10 (+210; 21/10) to beat Karen Khachanov with a 3-0 score.
Karen Khachanov vs Stefanos Tsitsipas H2H
Stefanos Tsitsipas destroyed Karen Khachano (4-6, 6-0, 6-3) in the 1/8 finals of the ATP Rome. He converted five out of seven break points in this match and won 58% of the points.
Prediction and betting tips
Stefanos Tsitsipas has a streak of 12 victories and has won five out of six H2H matches against Karen Khachanov. He beat five opponents from the top 20 ATP during this win streak, whereas the Russian tennis player has won only one of the last six matches against rivals from the top 20 ATP. He was defeated in the last H2H match against Tsitsipas.
His performance in this tournament was confident, but Karen Khachanov has not met any rivals from the top 10 ATP and has met only one opponent from the top 20. In the last match, he beat the injured Sebastian Korda and was close to losing a set against a lower-ranked injured opponent. I believe that Stefanos Tsitsipas will get a confident victory in this match. Asian handicap (-4.5) games on Tsitsipas looks safe. Also, the exact handicap has played out in their last two H2H games.
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (-4.5) games on Tsitsipas
Odds: 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractions)
Share your thoughts!