ATP Finals 2022: Ruud vs Djokovic prediction and betting tips (November 20)
Novak Djokovic won all matches in the tournament. Besides, he has won all fixtures against Caper Ruud with a 2-0 score. Will he win one more to win the 2022 ATP finals?
Casper Ruud has won three out of four matches in the 2022 ATP Finals
Casper Ruud has won three out of four matches in the 2022 ATP Finals
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Casper Ruud vs Novak Djokovic fixture in the final of the 2022 ATP Finals will take place on Sunday, November 20 2022, starting at 5:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Pala Alpitour, Turin.

Latest odds on betting sites

Novak Djokovic comes with the odds of 1.30 (-333 American; 3/10 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 75%. Otherwise, Casper Ruud has 4.00 (+300; 3/1) odds to win this match. Therefore, the chances of his victory are around 25%.

The latest odds for Casper Ruud vs Novak Djokovic (November 20):

  • Over 22.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Under 22.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Ruud — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Djokovic — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Ruud — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
  • Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Djokovic — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)

Match preview and statistics

Casper Ruud smashed Andrey Rublev (6-2, 6-4) in the semi-final of the 2022 ATP finals.

The Norwegian tennis player was unstoppable in the first set. He won five games in a row after a 1-2 score to finish the set in eight games. He did not make any double faults or give Rublev a break point opportunity. Also, Ruud won 77% and 44% of service and return points in the set.

Casper Ruud started the second set as confidently as he finished the first. He won the first four games in a row, converting 100% of break points. After a 5-1 score, Andreu Rublev started his comeback, but he won only three out of four needed games. Ruud finished the tenth game after a 40-0 score in his favour to win the match with a 2-0 score.

We have seen over 22.5 games in four of the last five matches, with Casper Ruud participating. The exact total comes with the odds of 2.00 (+100; 1/1) this time.

Novak Djokovic had close two sets against Taylor Fritz (7-6, 7-6) in the most recent game.

In the fifth game of the first set, Djokovic reached a 40-0 score and converted the first break point, but Taylor Fritz instantly levelled the score, winning the next return game. Then the tennis players traded winning their remaining service games and did not give each other more break point opportunities. Finally, after a 4-5 score in tie-breaks, Djokovic won three points in a row to finish the set in his favour.

Taylor Fritz won the first two games of the second set to receive a fast lead. He kept it to a 5-3 score in his favour. Then Novak Djokovic won three games in a row to level the score. The tennis players were approximately equal in tie-breaks, but Djokovic finally won it with an 8-6 score.

Novak Djokovic has won all three H2H matches against Casper Ruud to nil. His victory with a 2-0 score is priced with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20) this time.

Novak Djokovic vs Casper Ruud H2H

Novak Djokovic defeated Casper Ruud (6-4, 6-3) in their single H2H game in the 2022 season. He received a four-game lead at the start of the first set and did not let Ruud come back. In the second set, the tennis players showed equal play to a 3-3 score. Then Djokovic won three games in a row to finish the game with a 2-0 score.

Prediction and betting tips

Novak Djokovic has won 17 of the last 18 matches and a set in his single lost game. In this tournament, the Serbian tennis player showed flawless play. He has won six out of seven played sets and lost a single one on tie-breaks. Also, the Serb has won all H2H matches against Casper Ruud to nil.

Casper Ruud has yet to play his best way after losing in the final of the 2022 US Open against Carlos Alcaraz. He has won only seven out of 12 matches after this tournament, playing against weaker rivals. In this tournament, he confidently beat Felix Auger-Aliassime and beat Taylor Fritz in a close game but was smashed by Rafael Nadal in two sets.

I am sure he cannot beat Novak Djokovic in this game, but I believe he will see a total of over 22.5 games. The same outcome has been played in four of the last five matches with Ruud participating.

Betting prediction: Over 22.5 games

Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional)

TennisATP. Final
Casper Ruud — Novak Djokovic
Over 22.5 games
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!