The Novak Djokovic vs Stefanos Tsitsipas fixture in the final of the 2022 ATP Rome will take place on Sunday, 15 May 2022, starting at 4:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Stadio del tennis di Roma, Rome.
Latest odds on betting sites
Novak Djokovic is priced with the odds of 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 65%. Stefanos Tsitsipas comes with the odds of 2.90 (+190; 19/10) to win this match. The chances of his triumph are around 35%.
The latest odds for Novak Djokovic vs Stefanos Tsitsipas (May 15):
- Over 22.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Under 22.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Djokovic — 1.65 (-154; 13/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Tsitsipas — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
- Asian handicap (-2.5) games on Djokovic — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
- Asian handicap (+2.5) games on Tsisipas — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
Match preview and statistics
Novak Djokovic pulled Casper Ruud (6-4, 6-3) down in the semi-final.
No.1 started the first set perfectly. He won the first four games easily. Novak Djokovic did not give his rival break points during these sets and converted two out of four break points. Then the tennis players traded winning service games and Djokovic was able to win this set with a 6-1 score. However, Casper Ruud won three games in a row and was close to levelling the score. Novak Djokovic finally won the tenth game to win the set with a 6-4 score.
At the start of the first set, both tennis players showed absolutely equal performances. They traded winning service games to a 3-3 score. Djokovic and Ruud did not give each other break points and did not lose more than 30 points per service game during these six games. In spite of this close start, Novak Djokovic won the next three games to finish the second set with a 6-3 score. He did not make a double fault in this set and converted two out of five created break point opportunities.
Novak Djokovic has beaten all rivals in this tournament with a 2-0 score. He is priced with the odds of 2.20 (+120; 6/5) to win over Stefanos Tsitsipas to nil.
Stefanos Tsitsipas won over Alexander Zverev (4-6, 6-3, 6-3) in the last game.
The tennis players started the first set equally. They traded winning service games to a 3-3 score and did not give each other break point opportunities in these six games. Alexander Zverev reached a 40-30 in the seventh game and converted the first break point. They traded winning remaining service games to finish the set with a 6-4 score.
Stefanos Tsitsipas won the first three games of the second set. He converted the first break point in the first return game and saved three breaks in the second service game. The Greek tennis player received two more break points in the sixth game, but Alexander Zverev saved both. They did not win more return games in the set and finished it with a 6-3 score. Tsitsipas did not make a double fault and won 68% of service games.
In the last set, both tennis players easily won the first two service games. Stefanos Tsitsipas converted a single break point in the fifth game. Then players continued trading service games to a 5-3 score. In the ninth game, Stefanos Tsitsipas reached a 40-0 score and converted the first break point to qualify for the final stage.
A total of over 2.5 sets has played out in five of the last six matches with Stefanos Tsitsipas participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5) in this game.
Novak Djokovic vs Stefanos Tsitsipas H2H
Novak Djokovic beat Stefanos Tsitsipas (6-7, 2-6, 6-3, 6-2, 6-4) in the 2021 French Open. He won 88% of service games and 22% of return games. Novak Djokovic won 70% and 40% of service and return points, respectively. He created 16 break point opportunities and converted five of them.
Stefanos Tsitsipas made four double faults in five sets. He saved and converted 69% and 38% of break points, respectively. Tsitsipas won 78% of service games and 60% of points. He won three return games and 30% of return points.
Prediction and betting tips
Novak Djokovic has played a bit better in the 2022 ATP Rome. He has beaten all rivals with a 2-0 score. However, Stefanos Tsitsipas’ rivals were much stronger than Novak Djokovic’s. The Greek tennis player has met Zverev, Sinner, Khachanov and Dimitrov to qualify for the current stage.
Djokovic destroyed Casper Ruud in the last match. He played flawlessly and finished the match in two sets. Stefanos Tsitsipas won over Alexander Zverev in three sets. In spite of this, he played confidently and finished most of his moments. I believe that we may see a close fixture in three sets. Only one out of the last five H2H matches has finished to nil.
Stefanos Tsitsipas has reached a total of under 6.5 break points in four of the last five matches. It is important to say that he met much weaker rivals than Novak Djokovic in these five games. I believe that he will not receive more than six break points.
Betting prediction: Over 2.5 sets
Odds: 2.40 (+140 American; 7/5 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Under 6.5 break points by Stefanos Tsitsipas
Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional)
Share your thoughts!