Australian Open 2022: Barty vs Keys prediction and betting tips (January 27)
Ashleigh Barty has a streak of eight victories to nil. Also, she has won the last two head-to-head matches against Madison Keys to nil. Will she extend these streaks?
Ashleigh Barty won over Keys in the last H2H at the 2019 French Open
Ashleigh Barty won over Keys in the last H2H at the 2019 French Open
by No Avatar Alex Weaver

The Ashleigh Barty vs Madison Keys fixture in the semi-finals of the 2022 Australian Open will take place on Thursday, 27 January 2022, starting at 8:30 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne. Ashleigh Barty vs Madison Keys (January 27) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Ashleigh Barty vs Madison Keys (January 27) latest odds on betting sites

Ashleigh Barty is priced with the odds of 1.25 (-400 American; 1/4 Fractional) to qualify for the final, which equals an approximate probability of 77%. Madison Keys comes with the odds of 4.40 (+340; 17/5) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 23%.

The latest odds for Ashleigh Barty vs Madison Keys (January 27):

  • Over 20.5 games — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Under 20.5 games — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Barty — 1.67 (-150; 2/3)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Keys — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
  • Asian handicap (-4.5) games on Barty — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Asian handicap (+4.5) games on Keys — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)

Ashleigh Barty vs Madison Keys (January 27) match preview and stats

Ashleigh Barty destroyed Jessi Pegulaca (6-2, 6-0) in the quarter-finals of the 2022 Australian Open.

Barty received two breakpoints in the first game of the first set and converted the second one. In the fourth game, Pegulaca was close to level the score, but did not convert a breakpoint. Then tennis players traded winning service games. Ashleigh got one more breakpoint in the seventh game, converted it and won the last game to nil, to a 6-2 set score.

In the second set, Barty played outstandingly. She had four breakpoints in the first game and converted the last one. She easily won all remaining games. Ashleigh converted the next breakpoint in the remaining return games and did not give breakpoint opportunities in service games to her rival. Barty made only one double fault and won 67% of all points in the set.

We have seen a total of under 9.5 games in the second set in all matches of the 2022 Australian Open with Ashleigh Barty participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) this time.

Madison Keys won over Barbora Krejcikova (6-3, 6-2) in the quarter-finals to qualify for the current stage of the 2022 Australian Open.

In the first set, both tennis players were approximately equal. Keys confidently won the first game and had two breakpoints in the second one but did not convert them. Krejcikova reached a 40-15 score in the next return game but failed to win it. The Czech received four more breakpoints in the fifth game but did not convert them too. Keys reached the same 40-15 score in the following game and converted the fifth breakpoint. Eventually Madison won the set with a 6-3 score.

Madison Keys started the second set terrifically. She won the first three games in a row, converted 100% of breakpoints and did not give Krejcikova a breakpoint opportunity. Then Barbora Krejcikova converted the second breakpoint in the fourth game and won a service game. However, Keys won three remaining games in a row to finish the set with a 6-2 score. Madison saved 50% of breakpoints and converted 60% of them.

Keys has won the first set in the last seven matches. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 3.10 (+210; 21/10) in this semi-final.

Ashleigh Barty vs Madison Keys H2H

Ashleigh Barty won over Madison Keys (6-3, 7-5) in the last H2H fixture at the 2019 French Open. The Australian tennis player made one double fault in two sets. She won 10 out of 11 service games and 73% of service points. Barty won 30% and 40% of return games and points, respectively. She converted three out of five breakpoints but did not save one.

Keys won 70% of service games and 9% of return. She won 60% out of 60 service points and 27% of return points. Madison Keys converted 100% of breakpoints but saved only 40% of them. She made eight mistakes and one double fault.

Ashleigh Barty vs Madison Keys (January 27) betting tips and prediction

Ashleigh Barty is in unbelievable form right now. She has a streak of nine victories and has beaten all her rivals at the 2022 Australian Open to nil. Her stats are perfect and her play is flawless.

However, Madison Keys has a streak of ten victories now and has won 11 out of 12 matches this year. She has performed outstandingly in the 2022 season. Besides, the American has met much stronger rivals at the 2022 Australian Open, like Paula Badosa and Barbora Krejcikova.

I believe that Madison is a single tennis player who will be able to win a set against Ashleigh. In spite of this, I believe that Barty will qualify for the final, but this match could be close.

Betting prediction: Ashleigh Barty to win & over 20.5 games

Odds: 2.40 (+140 American; 7/5 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 2.5 sets

Odds: 3.00 (+200 American; 2/1 Fractional)

TennisAustralian Open 2022 . Women. Singles. Semi-finals
Ashleigh Barty — Madison Keys
Ashleigh Barty to win & over 20.5 games
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!