The Danielle Rose Collins vs Iga Swiatek fixture in the semi-finals of the 2022 Australian Open will take place on Thursday, 27 January 2022, starting at 10:00 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne. Danielle Rose Collins vs Iga Swiatek (January 27) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Danielle Rose Collins vs Iga Swiatek (January 27) latest odds on betting sites
Iga Swiatek is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional) to qualify for the final, which equals an approximate probability of 57%. Danielle Rose Collins comes with the odds of 2.30 (+130; 13/10) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 43%.
The latest odds for Danielle Rose Collins vs Iga Swiatek (January 27):
- Over 21.5 games — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Under 21.5 games — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Swiatek — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Collins — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
- Asian handicap (-2.5) games on Swiatek — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
- Asian handicap (+2.5) games on Collins — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
Danielle Rose Collins vs Iga Swiatek (January 27) match preview and stats
Danielle Rose Collins won over Alize Cornet (7-5, 6-1) in the quarter-finals of the 2022 Australian Open.
In the first set, both tennis players performed equally to a 2-1 score. In the fourth game, Collins received four breakpoints and converted the last one successfully. She performed outstandingly to a 5-2 score. Then Cornet won three games in a row to level the score. She converted a single breakpoint in the ninth game. In spite of this perfect performance, Danielle Rose Collins won the last two games to finish the set with a 7-5 score.
Danielle Rose’s performance was perfect in the second set. She won the first five games in a row and converted 100% of breakpoints. Alize was able to start her comeback in the fifth game, but she did not convert two breakpoints. Then tennis players traded winning service games to finish the last set with a 6-1 score.
We have seen a total of over 9.5 games in the first set in fout of the five matches in the 2022 Australian Open with Collins’ participation. The same total is priced with the odds of 1.95 (-105; 19/20) in the semi-final.
Iga Swiatek met Kaia Kanepi (4-6, 7-6, 6-3) in the quarter-finals of the 2022 Australian Open.
In the first set, Iga performed well. She got breakpoints in the first three return games but she was not lucky to convert them. Swiatek did not give Kanepi breakpoint opportunities before the seventh game, when the latter converted the first one. The Estonian had five more breakpoints in the ninth game, did not convert them, but won the set eventually.
Iga Swiatek lost the first game of the second set, but then she showed a streak of four winning games. In spite of this, Kanepi won three games in a row to level the score. Then both tennis players looked well in service games and did not give each other breakpoints. Swiatek played better than Kanepi in tie-breaks and finished the set with a 7-6 score.
The tennis players’ performances in service games of the third set were extremely bad. Iga won only two out of four service games, whereas Kaia won only 20% of her games. Swiatek won the set because she made two less mistakes and saved three out of five breakpoints.
Iga Swiatek has won the second set in all matches of the 2022 Australian Open. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10).
Danielle Rose Collins vs Iga Swiatek H2H
Iga Swiatek won over Danielle Rose Collins (6-2, 3-0) in the last match at the 2021 WTA Adelaide. She won five out of six service games and 62% of service points. Also, Swiatek won 80% of return games and 70% of points. She converted four out of five breakpoints and saved 83% of them.
Danielle Rose won only one return and one service game. She won 30% of service points and 38% of return. Collins converted 17% of breakpoints and saved 20% of them. Danielle Rose Collins made two double faults in two sets.
Danielle Rose Collins vs Iga Swiatek (January 27) betting tips and prediction
On paper, seventh-seeded Swiatek is the favorite. She performed perfectly in the last H2H match and she is better ranked. However, Iga’s performance in the most recent match against Kaia Kanepi was not confident. She made a lot of mistakes and played unstable, whereas Collins played well against stronger opponents in the course of the Australian Open. I believe that we will see a total of over 2.5 sets and a total of over 21.5 games, but the winner of this match is unpredictable with both players being approximately equal now.
Betting prediction: Over 21.5 games
Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Over 2.5 sets
Odds: 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractional)