The Jannik Sinner vs Stefanos Tsitsipas fixture in the quarter-finals of the 2022 Australian Open will take place on Wednesday, 26 January 2022, starting at 4:00 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne. Jannik Sinner vs Stefanos Tsitsipas (January 26) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Jannik Sinner vs Stefanos Tsitsipas (January 26) latest odds on betting sites
Jannik Sinner is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional) to qualify for the semi-finals, which equals an approximate probability of 56%. Stefanos Tsitsipas comes with the odds of 2.30 (+130; 13/10) to win this match. The chances of his triumph are around 44%.
The latest odds for Jannik Sinner vs Stefanos Tsitsipas (January 26):
- Over 39.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Under 39.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Sinner — 2.25 (+125; 5/4)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Tsitsipas — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
- Asian handicap (-2.5) games on Sinner — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+2.5) games on Tsitsipas — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
Jannik Sinner vs Stefanos Tsitsipas (January 26) match preview and stats
Jannik Sinner destroyed Alex de Minaur (7-6, 6-3, 6-4) in the most recent fixture of the Round 4 at the 2022 Australian Open.
Alex received his first breakpoint in the second game of the first set, but he did not convert it. In the fourth game, De Minaur had three more breakpoints, but Jannik saved all of them. Sinner got his breakpoint in the fourth return game, but did not convert it. Then both tennis players performed confidently in service games to a 6-6 score. Sinner performed flawlessly in tie-breaks. He lost only one service point, whereas Alex lost three and the first set.
Jannik performed perfectly in the second set too. He saved two breakpoints in the first game and converted the second one in the next game. Then the tennis players did not give each other breakpoint opportunities to finish the set with a 6-3 score in Sinner’s favor.
Jannik Sinner got two breakpoints in the first game of the last set and converted the second one. Also, Jannik won the third return game to nil. After that Alex had two breakpoints in the next return game and converted the last one. The Italian tennis player traded the remaining service games to finish the set with a 6-4 score and win the match.
Jannik Sinner has won three out of four matches in the 2022 Australian Open to nil. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 4.10 (+310; 31/10) this time.
Stefanos Tsitsipas won over Taylor Fritz (4-6, 6-4, 4-6, 6-3, 6-4) in the previous stage to qualify for the QFs of the 2022 Australian Open.
Taylor Fritz created two breakpoints in the fifth game of the first set. He did not convert them but after that Fritz won three games in a row and did not give Tsitsipas breakpoint opportunities to finish the set with a 6-4 score.
In the second set, both tennis players performed confidently. They did not make double faults and did not give each other breakpoint opportunities to a 5-4 score. Then Stefanos got a single breakpoint and finished it successfully to win the second set.
Taylor had four breakpoints in the third game of the third set but Stefanos saved all of them. Then Fritz received three more breakpoints in the fourth return game and finished the last one successfully. He was able to finish this set with a 6-3 score, but he did not convert one out of three breakpoints in the last return game.
In the fourth set, both tennis players were equal and did not give each other chances to win a return game to a 3-3 score. Then Tsitsipas won three games in a row to take the set. He converted one out of two breakpoints and saved 100% of them during these three games.
The last set was similar to the second one. The tennis players performed flawlessly in service games and did not have breakpoints to convert to a 4-4 score. Then Stefanos Tsitsipas won the last two games in a row to finish the match.
We have seen a total of over 39.5 games in four of the last five Bo5 matches with Tsitsipas participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.95 (-105; 19/20) in this game.
Jannik Sinner vs Stefanos Tsitsipas H2H
Stefanos Tsitsipas won over Jannik Sinner (6-3, 6-3) in the last H2H match at the 2021 ATP Barcelona. He won 100% of service games and 69% of points. The Greek won three out of nine return games and 43% of return points. He saved and converted 100% and 30% of breakpoints, respectively.
Jannik made two double faults in two sets. He won 67% of service games and did not win a return game. Sinner won 57% and 31% of service and return points, respectively. He did not convert a breakpoint, but saved 70% of them.
Jannik Sinner vs Stefanos Tsitsipas (January 26) betting tips and prediction
In spite of the fact that Sinner has performed perfectly at the 2022 Australian Open and has a streak of 10 victories in a row, I believe that Tsitsipas will win this fixture.
Jannis Sinner’s rivals were much weaker than Stefanos’ opponents. Also, the Greek performed outstandingly in the last H2H match against Jannik and has won two out of three head-to-head matches to nil against him.
Also, a total of over 39.5 games looks safe too, because both tennis players are in good form now. Besides, this outcome has played out in four of the last five best-of-five matches with Tsitsipas participating.
Betting prediction: Stefanos Tsitsipas to win
Odds: 2.30 (+130 American; 13/10 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Over 39.5 games
Odds: 1.95 (-105 American; 19/20 Fractional)