Australian Open 2022: Swiatek vs Kanepi prediction and betting tips (January 26)
Iga Swiatek has won eight of the last nine matches, with five 2-0 victories. However, she has not played against Kaia yet. Who will qualify for the semi-finals?
Iga Swiatek has won 8 of the last 9 matches
Iga Swiatek has won 8 of the last 9 matches
by No Avatar Alex Weaver

The Iga Swiatek vs Kaia Kanepi fixture in the quarter-finals of the 2022 Australian Open will take place on Wednesday, 26 January 2022, starting at 12:00 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne. Iga Swiatek vs Kaia Kanepi (January 26) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Iga Swiatek vs Kaia Kanepi (January 26) latest odds on betting sites

Iga Swiatek is priced with the odds of 1.25 (-400 American; 1/4 Fractional) to qualify for the semi-finals, which equals an approximate probability of 75%. Kaia Kanepi comes with the odds of 4.00 (+300; 3/1) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 25%.

The latest odds for Iga Swiatek vs Kaia Kanepi (January 26):

  • Over 20.5 games — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
  • Under 20.5 games — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Swiatek — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Kanepi — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Asian handicap (-4.5) games on Swiatek — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Asian handicap (+4.5) games on Kanepi — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)

Iga Swiatek vs Kaia Kanepi (January 26) match preview and stats

Iga Swiatek stunned Sorana Cirstea (5-7, 6-3, 6-3) to qualify for the quarter-final.

Cirstea started the first return game of the first set with a 40-15 score and converted the third breakpoint. Then both players performed equally to a 3-4 score. In the eighth game, Swiatek finished the first breakpoint successfully to level the score. Iga Swiatek had a breakpoint in the 10th game, but Sorana Cirstea saved it to level the score. She started the 11th game with a 40-0 score and converted a breakpoint. Swiatek lost the last game to nil and the set.

Iga Swiatek won the first two games in the second set. She had three breakpoints in the second one and finished the last one successfully. Then Sorana converted the first breakpoint in the next set and won one more game to level the score. Iga showed a flawless performance winning three games in a row afterwards. Then the tennis players traded winning service games to finish the set with a 6-3 score in favor of Iga Swiatek.

At the start of the third set, both tennis performed equally to a 2-2 score. Iga got three breakpoints in the fourth set, but she was not able to finish them successfully. Then both players won their third return games. Swiatek won the two remaining return games to nil and finished the set with a 6-3 score in her favor.

Iga Swiatek has played outstandingly in 2022. She has won 79% and 38% of service and return games, respectively. Also, the Polish tennis player has converted 49% of breakpoints, but has saved only 27% of them, which is a low ratio. Swiatek has won 63% of service points and approximately 46% of return.

A total of under 20.5 games has played out in four of the last five matches with Iga participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20) in this match.

Kaia Kanepi beat Aryna Sabalenka (5-7, 6-2, 7-6) in the most recent fixture.

Aryna Sabalenka had two breakpoints in the first return game of the first set, but she did not convert them. Then the tennis players performed equally to 5-5 score. Kaia Kanepi started the sixth return game with a 40-15 score, but did not finish successfully two breakpoints, whereas Aryna won the last return game to nil.

Kaia started the second set perfectly. She won the first four games in a row. Kanepi converted 40% of breakpoints and saved 100% of them during these games. Then both tennis players performed confidently in service games and did not give each other breakpoint opportunities.

Kanepi got a breakpoint in the first game of the third set and converted it. Then Aryna and Kaia did not give each other breakpoint opportunities to a 4-2 score. Kanepi had four more breakpoints in the next game but did not convert them, whereas Aryna converted the second breakpoint in the next game to level the score. The tennis player traded games to a 6-6 score. In tie-breaks, they performed equally to a 7-7 score, with Kaia winning three points in a row to win the match.

Kaia’s stats at the start of the season are not bad. She has won 72.4% of service games and approximately 60% of points. Kanepi has saved 50% of breakpoints and has converted 32% of them. She has won only 27.6% of return games and 41% of points. She has made approximately three double faults per game.

We have seen a total of under 9.5 games in the second set in three of the four matches with Kaia Kanepi participating at the 2022 Australian Open. The same total is priced with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5).

Iga Swiatek vs Kaia Kanepi (January 26) betting tips and prediction

Iga Swiatek has performed confidently in the 2022 Australian Open. Her rivals have not been that strong, but she has not made a lot of mistakes either. On the other hand, Kaia Kanepi won over Aryna Sabalenka, but her play was unstable.

Kanepi is able to beat strong rivals, and her stats in the current season are good, but I believe that she is unlikely to beat Iga Swiatek. A total of over 2.5 sets looks like a safe outcome. Also, we will see Iga’s victory and a total over 20.5 games .

Betting prediction: Iga Swiatek to win & over 20.5 games

Odds: 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 2.5 sets

Odds: 2.80 (+180 American; 9/5 Fractional)

TennisAustralian Open 2022 . Women. Singles. Quarter-finals
Iga Swiatek — Kaia Kanepi
Iga Swiatek to win & over 20.5 games
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!