Chicago Blackhawks vs Colorado Avalanche prediction and betting tips (January 4)
The Chicago Blackhawks have lost five of the last six matches. Will they have a chance against Colorado?
Mikko Rantanen is the 2nd best scorer of Colorado with 15 goals and 18 assists
Mikko Rantanen is the 2nd best scorer of Colorado with 15 goals and 18 assists

The Chicago Blackhawks vs Colorado Avalanche fixture in the 2021-22 NHL will take place on Tuesday, 4 January 2022, starting at 08:30 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 01:30 a.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is United Center, Chicago. Chicago Blackhawks vs Colorado Avalanche (4 January 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Blackhawks vs Avalanche (January 4) latest odds on betting sites

The Chicago Blackhawks are priced with the odds of 3.60 (+260 American; 13/5 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 27%. The Colorado Avalanche come with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 52%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.80 (+380; 19/5), which equals an approximate probability of 21%.

The latest odds for Blackhawks vs Avalanche (4 January 2022) betting markets:

  • Over 5.5 goals — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Under 5.5 goals — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Blackhawks — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Avalanche — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)

Blackhawks vs Avalanche (January 4) match preview and stats

The Chicago Blackhawks are seventh in the Eastern Division. They played 32 games to receive 26 points. In the most recent fixture, they lost a match against Calgary Flames (1-5).

In the first period, the Blackhawks attacked well. They made 11 shots on target, whereas their rivals made six shots. Both teams scored one goal. In the 10th minute, Alex DeBrincat scored the first one, then Matthew Tkachuk leveled the score in the 14th minute.

The Calgary Flames absolutely dominated the second period. They made 26 shots on target, which is great, whereas Derek King’s boys made nine shots on target and completed 37 defensive actions. In the 30th minute, Elias Lindholm scored a goal in powerplay. In the 38th minute, Trevor Lewis scored again when Chicago were in powerplay.

In the last period, both teams performed equally but the Flames scored two goals again, whereas the Blackhawks did not score. They made 11 shots on target, whereas Darryl Sutter’s boys made 10 shots. In the 53rd minute, Dillon Dube did not score a bullet. Oliver Kylington and Johnny Gaudreau scored their goals in the 59th minute.

Derek King’s boys performed well in the last H2H match against the Avalanche but did not win it. They made 34 shots on target and completed 59 defensive actions. Dominik Kubalik and Connor Murphy scored their goals in this fixture.

We have seen a total over 5.5 goals in five of the last six matches with the Chicago Blackhawks participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) in this game.

Chicago Blackhawks team news: Reese Johnson — shoulder injury Tyler Johnson — neck injury, Jujhar Khaira — leg injury.

The Colorado Avalanche are fourth in the division with 38 points in 28 fixtures. Jared Bednar’s boys won over the Anaheim Ducks (4-2) in the last fixture.

Both teams played equally in the first period. Both made 12 shots on target, but only the Ducks scored a goal because the Colorado Avalanche did not defend well, completing only 17 defensive actions. In the second minute, Sam Carrick scored a goal.

In the second period, we saw approximately equal play again. Jared Bednar’s men made 12 shots on target. In the 12th minute, Devon Toews scored his goal, and Cam Fowler finished successfully one out of 13 shots on target as well.

The Colorado Avalanche performed perfectly in the last period. They made 12 shots on target and completed eight defensive actions. In the 44th minute, Gabriel Landeskog leveled the score. Logan O'Connor and Mikko Rantanen scored their goals in the 59th and 60th minutes, respectively.

In the most recent H2H match against the Blackhawks, Jared Bednar’s boys performed well. They made 36 shots on target and scored four goals. Jack Johnson, Gabriel Landeskog, Bowen Byram and Nazem Kadri bagged a goal each.

Colorado Avalanche team news: Gabriel Landeskog — lower body injury, Stefan Matteau — leg injury, Ryan Murray — upper body injury.

Blackhawks vs Avalanche (January 4) key players and lineups

Chicago Blackhawks projected first lineup:

  • Marc-Andre Fleury
  • Seth Jones
  • Calvin de Haan
  • Patrick Kane
  • Dylan Strome
  • Alex DeBrincat

Patrick Kane is the best forward on the team. He scored seven goals and made 19 assists in 28 matches.

Colorado Avalanche projected first lineup:

  • Darcy Kuemper
  • Cale Makar
  • Devon Toews
  • Nazem Kadri
  • Mikko Rantanen
  • Nathan MacKinnon

Mikko Rantanen is the second best scorer in his team. He scored 15 goals and made 18 assists this season.

Blackhawks vs Avalanche (January 4) betting tips and prediction

The Colorado Avalanche performed much better this season. They showed confident play against all rivals in spite of the result, whereas the Chicago Blackhawks played badly. They are on a streak of four losses. Besides, Derek King’s boys have won only one of the last four H2H fixtures against the Avalanche. I believe that Jared Bednar’s men will win this match.

A total of over 5.5 goals looks safe too. This outcome has played out in five of the last six matches with the Blackhawks participating. Also, we have seen the same total in 79% of the matches with the Colorado Avalanche’s participation in the 2021-22 season.

Betting prediction: Colorado Avalanche to win

Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 5.5 goals

Odds: 1.80 (-125 American; 4/5 Fractional)

Chicago Blackhawks — Colorado Avalanche
Lost
Colorado Avalanche to win
1.85
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!