Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning prediction and betting tips (December 18)
The Colorado Avalanche have won six of the last eight matches against the Tampa Bay Lightning. Will they win this fixture?
Nazem Kadri is the fourth best scorer in the 2021-22 NHL so far
Nazem Kadri is the fourth best scorer in the 2021-22 NHL so far
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning fixture in the 2021-22 NHL will take place on Saturday, 18 December 2021, starting at 09:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 02:00 a.m. by GMT the next day, 19 December 2021. The venue is Ball Arena, Colorado. Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning (December 18) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Avalanche vs Lightning (December 18) latest odds on betting sites

The Colorado Avalanche are priced with the odds of 2.25 (+125 American; 5/4 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 44%. The Tampa Bay Lightning come with the odds of 2.80 (+100; 9/5) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 35%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.60 (+360; 18/5), which equals an approximate probability of 21%.

The latest odds for Avalanche vs Lightning (December 18) betting markets:

  • Over 6.5 goals — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
  • Under 6.5 goals — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Panthers — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Lightning — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)

Avalanche vs Lightning (December 18) match preview and stats

The Colorado Avalanche are fourth in the Central Division. They took 36 points in 27 games. The Avalanche won 17 matches, lost eight games in 60 minutes and two times in overtime. In the last game, they were defeated by Nashville Predators (2-5).

Both teams performed equally in the first period. The Colorado Avalanche made 11 shots on target and completed 13 defensive actions. The Predators scored the goal to win this period. In the 14th minute, Alexandre Carrier and Colton Sissons helped Filip Forsberg to score this goal.

In the second period, the Nashville Predators absolutely dominated. They made 17 shots on target, whereas the Avalanche made only three shots on target. In the eighth minute, Tanner Jeannot scored the second goal for the Predators. Mikko Rantanen scored the first goal for the Colorado Avalanche in the 10th minute. In the 17th minute, Filip Forsberg scored the last goal in this period.

The Colorado Avalanche played a bit better in the last period. They made 12 shots on target, whereas the Predators made eight shots on target. Jared Bednar’s boys completed 14 defensive actions but their rivals scored two goals. In the 10th minute, Valery Nichushkin scored the last goal for his team. Roman Josi and Mattias Ekholm scored their goals in the 13th and 19th minutes, respectively.

The Colorado Avalanche won the most recent head-to-head fixture against the Tampa Bay Lightning. They made 27 shots on target and scored three goals. Besides, they scored three out of six bullets. Jared Bednar’s boys completed 38 defensive actions.

Colorado Avalanche team news: Stefan Matteau — leg injury, Ryan Murray — lower body injury, Andre Burakovsky — leg injury, Gabriel Landeskog — upper body injury.

The Tampa Bay Lightning are first in their division with 42 points in 29 fixtures. They won over 19 rivals, lost six matches before overtime and four games in overtime. They won over the Ottawa Senators (2-1) in the last game.

Both teams played passively in the first period. The Tampa Bay Lightning made six shots on target, whereas their rivals made seven shots on target. In spite of the fact that Jon Cooper’s boys completed 13 defensive actions, the Senators scored their goal. In the 16th minute, Thomas Chabot scored it.

The Tampa Bay Lightning performed a bit better in the second period. They made 12 shots on target and finished two of them successfully. The Senators made nine shots on target in this period. In the fourth minute, Alex Killorn leveled the score with Ross Kolton and Victor Hedman’s support. Victor scored the second goal for the Lightning in the 16th minute.

In the last period, the Tampa Bay Lightning made nine shots on target but did not score a goal, because the Ottawa Senators completed 14 defensive actions.

The Tampa Bay Lightning made 32 shots on target in the last H2H game against the Colorado Avalanche. They scored three goals but only two out of six bullets and lost the match. Besides, Jon Cooper’s boys completed 40 defensive actions but they were not enough to win the match.

Tampa Bay Lightning team news: Nikita Kucherov — upper body injury, Brayden Point — upper body injury.

Avalanche vs Lightning (December 18) key players and lineups

Colorado Avalanche projected first lineup:

  • Andrey Vasilevskiy
  • Jan Rutta
  • Victor Hedman
  • Nathan MacKinnon
  • Mikko Rantanen
  • Nazem Kadri

Nazem Kadri is the fourth best scorer in the 2021-22 NHL. He made 27 assists and scored 11 goals. In the most recent game, Nazem made an assist.

Tampa Bay Lightning projected first lineup:

  • Andrei Vasilevskiy
  • Jan Rutta
  • Victor Hedman
  • Anthony Cirelli
  • Steven Stamkos
  • Ondrej Palat

Steven Stamkos is the fifth best forward in the 2021-22 season. The Canadian attacker made 21 defensive actions and scored 13 assists. Steven made an assist in the last fixture.

Avalanche vs Lightning (December 18) betting tips and prediction

The Tampa Bay Lightning have won seven of the last eight matches. In spite of the loss, they performed confidently in the most recent H2H match against the Colorado Avalanche. Jared Bednar’s men have won five of the last six fixtures but they performed badly in the most recent fixtures. The Colorado Avalanche have in the first period only one time of the last eight fixtures. Besides, they have won first periods in the last two games. They will be able to win the first period again. We have seen a total over 5.5 goals in five of the last six H2H matches.

Betting prediction: Colorado Avalanche to win (1st period)

Odds: 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 5.5 goals

Odds: 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional)

Colorado Avalanche — Tampa Bay Lightning
Voided
The Colorado Avalanche to win (1st period)
2.10
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!