The Florida Panthers vs Vegas Golden Knights fixture in the 2021-22 NHL will take place on Friday, 27 January 2022, starting at 07:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 12:00 a.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is FLA Live Arena, Florida. The Florida Panthers vs Vegas Golden Knights (27 January 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Florida Panthers vs Vegas Golden Knights latest odds on betting sites
The Florida Panthers are priced with the odds of 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 50%. The Vegas Golden Knights come with the odds of 3.10 (+210; 21/10) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 30%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.90 (+390; 39/10), which equals an approximate probability of 20%.
The latest odds for Panthers vs Golden Knights (27 January 2022) betting markets:
- Over 6.5 goals — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Under 6.5 goals — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Golden Knights — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Panthers — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
Florida Panthers vs Vegas Golden Knights match preview and stats
The Florida Panthers are first in the Atlantic Division with 63 points in 43 games. They have 29 victories, nine losses in 60 minutes and five losses in overtime. Andrew Brunette’s boys destroyed the Winnipeg Jets (5-3) in the last game.
In the first period, both teams performed well. The Jets made 14 shots on target and scored two goals, whereas their rivals made 10 shots and finished three of them successfully. Mason Marchment opened the score in the third minute. In the ninth minute, Paul Stastny leveled the score. Marchment and Connor each scored the second goal for their teams in the 13th minute. In the 18th minute, Anton Lundell scored the last goal of this period.
The Florida Panthers made 14 shots on target in the second period, whereas their rivals made only eight shots. Pierre-Luc Dubois leveled the score in powerplay in the 24th minute. In the 30th minute, Carter Verhaeghe scored one more goal for the Panthers.
In the last period, the Winnipeg Jets made 13 shots on target but only 10 defensive actions. That was the reason why the Panthers converted one out of eight shots on target successfully. In the 52nd match, Sam Bennett scored the fifth goal for the Florida Panthers.
We have seen a total of over 6.5 goals in 11 of the last 14 fixtures with the Florida Panthers participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.95 (-105; 19/20) this time.
Florida Panthers team news: Noel Acciari — lower body injury, Markus Nutivaara — upper body injury.
The Vegas Golden Knights head the Pacific Division. They received 53 points in 43 games. In the most recent fixture, the Golden Knights won over the Carolina Hurricanes (4-3 OT).
Peter DeBoer’s boys did not play perfectly in the first period. They made only five shots on target, whereas the Hurricanes made 11 shots. However, the Golden Knights completed 20 defensive actions. That was the reason why we did not see goals in this period.
Both teams made nine shots on target in the second period. The Vegas Golden Knights completed 19 defensive actions, but those were not enough for them to win the period. Nino Niederreiter and Vincent Trocheck scored their goals in the 25th and 26th minute, respectively. In the 38th minute, Nolan Patrick scored the first goal for the Golden Knights.
The Vegas Golden Knights played a bit better in the last period. They made 13 shots on target and scored two goals, whereas the Hurricanes made eight shots and scored one goal. Sebastian Aho scored the goal in powerplay in the 49th minute. Brett Howden and Nicolas Hague scored their goals in the 54th and 58th minutes, respectively, to level the score. Sebastian Aho scored the last goal in the fourth minute of the overtime to win the match.
A total of under 1.5 goals has played out in the first period in five of the last eight matches with the Golden Knights participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.20 (+120; 6/5).
Vegas Golden Knights team news: Jack Eichel — lower body injury, Alec Martinez — face injury, Max Pacioretty — wrist injury.
Florida Panthers vs Vegas Golden Knights H2H
In the last head-to-head fixture against the Golden Knights, Andrew Brunette’s men made 35 shots on target and scored three goals. They completed 59 defensive actions.
The Vegas Golden Knights made 39 shots on target and finished five of them successfully in the last H2H match against the Florida Panthers. They completed 58 defensive actions.
Florida Panthers vs Vegas Golden Knights key players and lineups
Florida Panthers projected first lineup:
- Sergei Bobrovsky
- Dylan Coghlan
- Aaron Ekblad
- Aleksander Barkov
- Maxim Mamin
- Carter Verhaeghe
Jonathan Huberdeau is the third best scorer in the 2021-22 NHL. He has scored 16 goals and has made 42 assists.
Vegas Golden Knights projected first lineup:
- Robin Lehner
- Brayden McNabb
- Alex Pietrangelo
- Jonathan Marchessault
- Mark Stone
- Chandler Stephenson
Chandler Stephenson is the best forward in his team. He scored 12 goals and made 26 assists in 42 games.
Florida Panthers vs Vegas Golden Knights betting tips and prediction
On paper, the Florida Panthers are favorites of the match. They have won seven of the last nine matches and performed perfectly in these winning matches. The Golden Knights did not perform flawlessly in the last matches: they have won only two of the last six games.
However, the Golden Knights have won the last three H2H matches and performed confidently in these fixtures. I believe that asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Golden Knights will play out this time.
A total of over 6.5 goals looks safe too. This outcome has played out in the last three head-to-head games.
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+1.5) on Golden Knights
Odds: 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Over 6.5 goals
Odds: 1.95 (-105 American; 19/20 Fractional)