The Martina Trevisan vs Cori Gauff fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 Roland Garros will take place on Thursday, 2 June 2022, starting at 2:15 p.m. GMT. The venue is Court Philippe-Chatrier, Paris. Martina Trevisan vs Cori Gauff (June 2) French Open semi-final prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Martina Trevisan vs Cori Gauff latest odds on betting sites
Martina Trevisan is priced with the odds of 3.35 (+235 American; 47/20 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 30%. Cori Gauff comes with the odds of 1.40 (-250; 2/5) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 70%.
The latest odds for Martina Trevisan vs Cori Gauff (June 2):
- Over 20.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Under 20.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Gauff — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Trevisan — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (-4.5) games on Gauff — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (+4.5) games on Trevisan — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
Martina Trevisan vs Cori Gauff match preview and statistics
Martina Trevisan eliminated Leylah Fernandez (6-2, 6-7, 6-3) in the quarter-final.
She reached a 40-15 score in the first game of the first set and converted the first break point. In the fifth game, she received one more break point opportunity, but Fernandez saved it. After a 3-2 score, Martina Trevisan won three games in a row to finish the set with a 6-2 score. She reached a 40-15 score and converted a break point. Both tennis players made two double faults each.
The tennis players traded winning their first service games of the second set. Then Fernandez converted a break point to win two games in a row, but Trevisan won the next two games to level the score. They traded the remaining games to a 6-6 score. In tie-breaks, Fernandez played stronger than her rival and finished it with a 7-3 score.
Martina Trevisan started the last set perfectly. She won the first four games in a row. After a 5-1 score, Leylah Fernandez won the next two games and was close to leveling the score, but Trevisan won the ninth game to finish the match. Trevisan received eight break point opportunities and converted three of them. She won 57% of service points and 55% of return points.
We have seen a total of over 9.5 games in the second set in the last three matches with Martina Trevisan participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.05 (+105; 21/20) this time.
Cori Gauff won over Sloane Stephens (7-5, 6-2) in the previous stage.
Cori Gauff started the first set perfectly. She reached a 40-0 score in the first return game and converted the second break point. Then the tennis player traded winning service games to a 5-3 score and Stephens won the next two games to level the score. In spite of this, the American tennis player won two remaining games and finished the first set with a 7-5 score. Gauff converted two out of four break points and saved 50% out of two breaks.
Stephens received three break points in the first game of the second set and converted the third one. Then Cori Gauff won the next five games in a row. Stephens won one more return game, but lost the last one to finish the set with a 6-2 score. Gauff made six double faults in this set. She saved five out of seven break points and converted 67% out of six breaks.
Cori Gauff has won seven of the last eight matches with a 2-0 score. She is priced with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) to win over Trevisan to nil.
Martina Trevisan vs Cori Gauff H2H
Martina Trevisan defeated Cori Gauff (4-6, 6-2, 7-5) in the 1/32 finals of the 2020 French Open. She made only two double faults. Trevisan won eight service games and nine return games. She won 52% of all points. Martina Trevisan converted nine out of 14 break points and saved five break points.
Cori Gauff won six service games and 48% of service points. She won seven return games and 48% of the points. Gauff received 12 break point opportunities and converted seven of them. She saved 36% out of 14 break points.
Martina Trevisan vs Cori Gauff predictions and betting tips
The Italian tennis player played confidently in this tournament. She defeated Fernandez in the last match and played confidently in this game. She won the last tournament with her participation. Trevisan played well in the last head-to-head game against Cori Gauff and is in good form now. I believe that she will be able to win a set against Cori Gauff in this match.
We have seen a total of over 9.5 games in the second set in six of the last nine matches with Cori Gauff participating. The same outcome has played out in the last three fixtures with Martina Trevisan participating and in their single head-to-head match. I believe that we will see the same total again.
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Martina Trevisan
Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Over 9.5 games - 2nd set
Odds: 2.05 (+105 American; 21/20 Fractional)