Lyon vs Marseille prediction and betting tips (November 21)
Marseille are undefeated for the last seven matches, whereas Lyon has won four of the last six games. Who will be better this time?
Dimitri Payet (Marseille) has scored 6 league goals so far
Dimitri Payet (Marseille) has scored 6 league goals so far
by No Avatar Alex Weaver

The Lyon vs Marseille fixture in the 14th round of the 2021-22 Ligue 1 will take place on Sunday, 21 November 2021, starting at 07:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Stade des Lumieres, Lyon. Lyon vs Marseille (November 21) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Lyon vs Marseille (November 21) latest odds on betting sites

Lyon are priced with the odds of 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional) to win the next match, which equals an approximate probability of 50%. Marseille come with the odds of 3.80 (+280; 14/5) to take Lyon down in the next round. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 26%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.00 (+300; 3/1) which equals an approximate probability of 24%.

The latest odds for Lyon vs Marseille (November 21) betting markets:

  • Over 3.5 goals — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)
  • Under 3.5 goals — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
  • Asian goals handicap (-1.5) on Lyon — 3.50 (+250; 5/2)
  • Asian goals handicap (+1.5) on Marseille — 1.30 (-333; 3/10)
  • Moussa Dembеlе to score anytime — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Dimitri Payet to score at anytime — 3.20 (+220; 11/5)

Lyon vs Marseille (November 21) match preview and stats

Lyon are 13th in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 with 19 points. They won five matches, drew four times and lost four fixtures. In the most recent game, Les Gones were defeated by Rennes (1-4).

Lyon played badly in the first half. They controlled the ball only 42% of the time and attacked 12 times. Les Gones did not make a shot, whereas Rennes made 13 shots with eight on target and finished one of them successfully. Benjamin Bourigeaud assisted Gaetan Laborde to score a goal in the 45th minute. Peter Bosz’s men caught a yellow card in the 40th minute, whereas Rennes received two yellow cards.

In the second half, both teams played equally. Les Gones controlled the ball 62% of the time and attacked 21 times. They made six shots with four on target, whereas Rennes made 12 shots with four on target. Hamari Traore scored the second goal for his team in the 51st minute. Adrien Truffert scored the third and fourth goals in the 76th and 83rd minute, respectively. In the 92nd minute, Lucas Paqueta scored a penalty which was a single goal for Lyon.

Les Gones’ stats in this season are perfect. Peter Bosz’s boys have made more than 10 shots with five on target per game on average. Besides, they created 130 chances in penalty areas in 13 matches. Lyon have completed approximately 30 defensive actions per game on average, which is a great number.

Les Gones have scored 12 goals in the last five matches. They are priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) to score two or more goals.

Lyon team news: Tino Kadewere — red card, Habib Keita — led injury, Lenny Jean-Pierre Pintor — knee injury, Jeff Reine — knee injury.

Marseille are fourth in the 2021-22 season. They took 23 points in 13 matches. Les Olympiense won six fixtures, drew five times and lost two games. In the most recent game, Marseille met Metz (0-0).

In the first half, Marseille played defensively. They controlled the ball 76% of the time but attacked only 16 times, whereas Metz made 23 attacks. Les Olympiense made five shots which were not on target, while Metz made eight shots with three on target. Marseille completed four interceptions, two blocks and three saves. Metz caught two yellow cards in 45 minutes.

Marseille dominated in the second half, because Jemerson caught a red card in the 56th minute. Jorge Sampaoli’s boys controlled the ball 76% of the time and made 45 attacks. Also, they made 10 shots with three on target but did not score a goal in this half. They intercepted the ball seven times, completed three blocks and one save. Both teams received a red card.

Les Olympiense played well in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 but their stats are worse than Lyon’s. Marseille have created approximately 11 chances per fixture on average, and made 123 shots with 48 on target in 13 games. They have completed approximately 23 defensive actions per game on average.

Both teams have not scored in four of the last six matches with Marseille participating. The same outcome comes with the odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5) in this game.

Lyon vs Marseille (November 21) key players and lineups

Lyon projected starting lineup:

  • Julian Pollersbeck
  • Emerson
  • Jason Denayer
  • Jerome Boateng
  • Leo Dubois
  • Maxence Caqueret
  • Thiago Mendes
  • Rayan Cherki
  • Houssem Aouar
  • Karl Toko Ekambi
  • Lucas Paqueta

Lucas Paqueta is Lyon's best attacker. He has scored five goals and has made two assists in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. Besides, Lucas has created 21 chances in penalty areas.

Marseille projected starting lineup:

  • Pau Lopez
  • William Saliba
  • Alvaro Gonzalez
  • Luan Peres
  • Cengiz Under
  • Boubacar Kamara
  • Bamba Dieng
  • Pol Lirola
  • Valentin Rongier
  • Matteo Guendouzi
  • Dimitri Payet

Dimitri Payet is the ninth best scorer in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. He has scored six goals and made two assists so far. Dimitri made 17 shots with nine on target and created 38 chances in penalty areas.

Lyon vs Marseille (November 21) betting tips and prediction

Lyon performed unstable in the last games, whereas Marseille are in a good form now. Their stats are worse than Lyon’s, but they have a shot at not losing in this match due to their recent fine form. I believe that we may see a total under 3.5 goals in this match: the same outcome played out in the last five H2H games and in the last five fixtures with Marseille participating. Both teams can score too, having a solid attack in the 2021-22 Ligue 1.

Betting prediction: Marseille to win or draw

Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Under 3.5 goals & both teams to score

Odds: 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractional)

FootballFrench Ligue 1 . Round 14
Lyon — Marseille
Marseille to win or draw
Jun 26
07:00 PM EAT
Los Angeles FC are in good form ahead of their matchup against the NY Red Bulls are also in top form having won four of their last five. The Black and Gold look forward to a win on their home ground.
by Paul Awoniyi
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!