Lyon vs Rennes prediction and betting tips (March 13)
Rennes have won the last three matches in the Ligue 1 and have lost only one of the last five H2H fixtures against Lyon.
Gaetan Laborde (Rennes) is the third best forward in the 2021-22 Ligue 1
Gaetan Laborde (Rennes) is the third best forward in the 2021-22 Ligue 1
by No Avatar Alex Weaver

The Lyon vs Rennes fixture in the 28th round of the 2021-22 Ligue 1 will take place on Sunday, 13 March 2021, starting at 04:05 p.m. GMT. The venue is Parc Olympique Lyonnais, Lyon. Lyon vs Rennes (March 13) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Lyon vs Rennes latest odds on betting sites

Lyon are priced with the odds of 2.15 (+115 American; 23/20 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 46%. Rennes come with the odds of 3.60 (+260;13/5) to take Lyon down. The chances of this outcome are close to 27%. The draw is priced with the odds of 3.60 (+260; 13/5), which equals an approximate probability of 27%.

The latest odds for Lyon vs Rennes (March 13) betting markets:

  • Over 2.5 goals — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Under 2.5 goals — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Rennes — 1.25 (-400; 1/4)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on Lyon — 3.70 (+270; 27/10)
  • Gaetan Laborde to score anytime — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Romain Faivre to score anytime — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)

Lyon vs Rennes match preview and statistics

Lyon are the ninth in the 2021-22 season. They have 11 victories, nine draws and seven losses to take 41 points. In the last game, Les Gones won over Lorient (4-1).

Lyon played a bit better than their rivals in the first half. They controlled the ball 61% of the time and attacked 22 times. Peter Bosz’s men made seven shots with three on target, whereas Lorient made an equal number of shots but did not score a goal. Romain Faivre opened the score in the fifth minute. In the 26th minute, Emerson helped Moussa Dembele to score the second goal.

In the second half, Lyon’s performance was confident too. They made eight shots with four on target and finished two of them successfully. Lyon made 23 attacks and controlled the ball 65% of the time. Lorient finished one out of eight shots successfully. Terem Moffi scored a header in the 57th minute. However, Karl Toko Ekambi and Romain Faivre scored their goals in the 59th and 78th minute, respectively.

A total of under 2.5 goals has played out in five of the last six matches with Lyon participating. The same total is priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) in this match.

Lyon team news: Jerome Boateng — muscle injury, Rayan Cherki — leg injury.

Rennes aiming to qualify for the Champions League. They have a three-point difference with second place. Rennes beat Angers (2-0) in the most recent match.

Les Rennais absolutely dominated in the first half. They made 12 shots with three on target, whereas their rivals made three shots with one on target. Rennes controlled the ball 63% of the time and attacked 25 times. Also, they completed 15 defensive actions. In the 33rd minute, Benjamin Bourigeaud scored the first goal.

Both teams played approximately equal in the second half. Rennes controlled the ball 51% of the time and made 25 attacks. Bruno Genesio’s men made three shots with one on target and bagged a goal. Gaetan Laborde scored the second goal with Jeremy Doku’s help in the 87th minute.

Only one team has scored in four of the last six matches with Rennes’ participation. The same outcome comes with the odds of 2.05 (+105; 21/20).

Rennes team news: Jeremy Gelin — knee injury, Romain Salin — calf injury, Loic Bade — muscle injury, Kamaldeen Sulemana — back injury.

Lyon vs Rennes H2H

Rennes defeated Lyon (4-1) in the last head-to-head fixture. They made 25 shots with 12 on target and attacked 61 times with 48% ball possession. Les Rennais completed 23 defensive actions in this match.

Lyon controlled the ball 52% of the time and made 33 attacks. They made six shots with four on target and scored one of them. Les Gones completed 24 defensive actions.

Lyon vs Rennes lineups and key players

Lyon projected starting lineup:

  • Anthony Lopes
  • Castello Lukeba
  • Warmed Omari
  • Damien Da Silva
  • Emerson
  • Bruno Guimaraes
  • Romain Faivre
  • Malo Gusto
  • Houssem Aouar
  • Karl Toko Ekambi
  • Moussa Dembele

Romain Faivre is the best scorer in his team. Faivre scored two goals in the last match. He has scored nine goals and has made five assists in this season.

Rennes projected starting lineup:

  • Alfred Gomis
  • Adrien Truffert
  • Lorenz Assignon
  • Nayef Aguerd
  • Hamari Traore
  • Jonas Martin
  • Baptiste Santamaría
  • Lovro Majer
  • Martin Terrier
  • Gaetan Laborde
  • Benjamin Bourigeaud

Gaetan Laborde is the third best forward in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. He has scored 14 goals and has made six assists in this season.

Lyon vs Rennes predictions and betting tips

Lyon’s defence is not good now. They have conceded six goals in the last six matches of the 2021-22 LIgue 1 and were absolutely destroyed in the last H2H match against Rennes. Also, Jerome Boateng, who completed most of the defensive actions for his team, is injured. Moussa Dembele’s fitness is the weak side of Les Gones’ attack. Romain Faivre is in his best form now but it will not be enough to defeat Rennes.

Bruno Genesio’s men have a well-structured attack. They have created 322 chances in penalty areas and have scored approximately two goals per match in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. Gaetan Laborde and Martin Terrier’s form will be key to the victory, whereas Lyon’s defence will be unlikely to stop these forwards. I believe that Les Rennais will win the match. A total of under 2.5 goals has played out in 10 of the last 13 matches with Lyon participating. We may see the same total this time.

Betting prediction: Rennes to win

Odds: 2.15 (+115 American; 23/20 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Under 2.5 goals

Odds: 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractional)

FootballFrench Ligue 1 . Round 28
Lyon — Rennes
Not settled
Under 2.5 goals
Jun 26
07:00 PM EAT
Los Angeles FC are in good form ahead of their matchup against the NY Red Bulls are also in top form having won four of their last five. The Black and Gold look forward to a win on their home ground.
by Paul Awoniyi
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!