UCL Qualifiers 2022-23: Midtjylland vs Benfica prediction and betting tips (August 9)
Benfica have won the last eight games including Game 1 against Midtjylland. Do the Wolves have a chance to come back in the series?
Goncalo Ramos scored three out of four goals in Game 1.
Goncalo Ramos scored three out of four goals in Game 1.

The Midtjylland vs Benfica fixture in the 2022-23 Champions League will take place on Tuesday, 9 August 2022, starting at 5:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Randers Arena, Randers. Midtjylland vs Benfica (August 9) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Midtjylland vs Benfica latest odds on betting sites

Midtjylland are priced with the odds of 4.50 (+350 American; 7/2 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 22%. Benfica come with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) to take Midtjylland down. The chances of this outcome are close to 55%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.00 (+300; 3/1), which equals an approximate probability of 23%.

The latest odds for Midtjylland vs Benfica (August 9) betting markets:

  • Over 2.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
  • Under 2.5 goals — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Midtjylland — 1.40 (-250; 2/5)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on Benfica — 2.80 (+180; 9/5)
  • Both teams to score (Yes) — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
  • Both teams to score (No) — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)

Midtjylland vs Benfica match preview and statistics

Midtjylland drew against Lyngby (3-3) in the last fixture.

The Wolves dominated in the first period. They controlled the ball 48% of the time and attacked 13 times. They made 10 shots with four on target and bagged three goals, whereas Lyngby finished their single shot on target successfully. Sory Kaba, Nikolas Dyhr and Anders Dreyer scored their goals for Midtjylland.

In the second half, Midtjylland did not show a confident attack. They made six shots with two on target, whereas their rivals attacked 26 times and made eight shots. Also, the Wolves did not score in the half and let their rivals level the score. Mathias Kristensen and Saevar Magnusson scored two goals to draw in the game.

A total of over 3.5 goals has played out in four of the last five matches with Midtjylland participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.65 (+165; 33/20) in this match.

Midtjylland team news: Evander — muscle injury.

Benfica destroyed Arouca (4-0) in the most recent game.

In the first half, Benfica were unstoppable. They made 10 shots with four on target and finish three of them successfully. Also, Benfica did not give Arouca an opportunity to score in the half and controlled the ball 60% of the time. Gilberto, Rafa Silva and Enzo Fernández scored three goals for their team. Quaresma received a red card in the 44th minute.

Benfica controlled the ball 86% of the time and attacked 55 times in the second half. They showed a confident play in the majority. The Eagles made 10 attempts to score but bagged only one goal in the half. Rafa Silva scored the last goal in the 86th minute.

Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on Benfica has played out in seven of the last eight games. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.80 (+180; 9/5) this time.

Benfica team news: Lucas Verissimo — torn ligament.

Midtjylland vs Benfica H2H

Benfica beat Midtjylland (4-1) in the Game 1. They made 22 shots with 11 on target. Enzo Fernández bagged a goal, whereas Goncalo Ramos scored three remaining. Benfica attacked 93 times and completed 14 defensive actions.

Midtjylland controlled the ball 46% of the time in the game. They made five attempts to score with two on goal, but finished only one of them successfully. Pione Sisto scored a single goal for his team.

Midtjylland vs Benfica lineups and key players

Midtjylland projected starting lineup:

  • Jonas Lossl
  • Erik Sviatchenko
  • Mads Thychosen
  • Paulinho
  • Joel Andersson
  • Raphael Onyedika
  • Oliver Sorensen
  • Valdemar Andreasen
  • Anders Dreyer
  • Pione Sisto
  • Sory Kaba

Anders Dreyer is the best scorer in his national league. He has scored four goals and made an assist in the 2022-23 season.

Benfica projected starting lineup:

  • Odysseas Vlachodimos
  • Morato
  • Joao Victor
  • Alexander Bah
  • Alejandro Grimaldo
  • Enzo Fernandez
  • Paulo Bernardo
  • Rafa Silva
  • David Neres
  • Roman Yaremchuk
  • Goncalo Ramos

Goncalo Ramos played flawlessly in the last H2H match against Midtjylland. He scored three out of four goals in the match.

Midtjylland vs Benfica predictions and betting tips

Midtjylland looks much weaker than Benfica in this game. They absolutely failed Game 1 and are unlikely to come back in the second one. Midtjylland will not play in their home arena. Also, they have not won any of the three home matches in the 2022-23 season, whereas Benfica has won the last four guest fixtures to nil. I believe that the Eagles will win the second game for sure.

A total of over 2.5 goals looks safe too. It has played out in the last six games with Benfica participating. Also, we have seen the same outcome in four of the last five matches with Midtjylland’s participation and in their single H2H game.

Betting prediction: Benfica to win

Odds: 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 2.5 goals

Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional)

Football UEFA Champions League . Qualification. Round 3. Game 2
Midtjylland — Benfica
Benfica to win
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!