The Monaco vs Lille fixture in the 14th round of the 2021-22 Ligue 1 will take place on Friday, 19 November 2021, starting at 08:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Louis II, Monaco. Monaco vs Lille (November 19) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Monaco vs Lille (November 19) latest odds on betting sites
Monaco are priced with the odds of 2.25 (+125 American; 5/4 Fractional) to win the next match, which equals an approximate probability of 44%. Lille come with the odds of 3.60 (+260; 13/5) to take Monaco down in the next round. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 27%. The draw is priced with the odds of 3.30 (+230; 23/10) which equals an approximate probability of 29%.
The latest odds for Monaco vs Lille (November 19) betting markets:
- Over 2.5 goals — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Under 2.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian goals handicap (-1.5) on Monaco — 4.30 (+330; 33/10)
- Asian goals handicap (+1.5) on Lille — 1.20 (-500; 1/5)
- Wissam Ben Yedder to score anytime — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Jonathan David to score at anytime — 2.75 (+175; 7/4)
Monaco vs Lille (November 19) match preview and stats
Monaco are 11th in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 with 18 points. They won five matches, drew three times and lost five games. In the most recent fixture, the Monegasques met Reims (0-0).
In the first half, Monaco played well. They controlled the ball 59% of the time. The Monegasques made five shots with two on target. Whereas Reims made five shots with only one on target, but both teams did not score a goal. Monaco attacked 23 times. Besides, Niko Kovac’s boys blocked one shot by Reims. Alexander Golovin received a yellow card in the 25th minute.
In the second half, Monaco controlled the ball 57% of the time and attacked 34 times, which is a great number, whereas Reims made only 20 attacks. The Monegasques made seven shots but only one of them was on target. Whereas Reims made six shots with three on target. Also, Monaco completed two blocks. In the 57th minute, Benoit Badiashile received the second yellow card for his team.
Monaco have not played perfectly in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They have made 96 shots with only 40 on target this season. Niko Kovac’s created only 95 chances in penalty areas in 13 matches while scoring 17 goals. The Monegasques have completed approximately 24 defensive actions per game on average, which is not a great number.
Both teams have not scored in five of the last seven matches with Monaco participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.95 (-105; 19/20) in the next match.
Monaco team news: Cesc Fаbregas — muscle injury.
Lille are 12th in the 2021-22 season. They received 16 points in 13 games. Les Dogues beat four rivals, drew four times and lost five fixtures. In the last match, Lille met Angers (1-1).
They controlled the ball 48% of the time and attacked 14 times in the first half. Les Dogues made six shots with three on target and finished one of them successfully. Whereas Angers made six shots with two on target. Lille completed one block, two saves and 15 interceptions. Renato Sanches assisted Tiago Djalo to score the first goal in the 27th minute.
In the second half, both teams were approximately equal. Jocelyn Gourvennec’s boys controlled the ball 44% of the time and attacked 25 times. They made five shots with thee on target, whereas Angers made three shots with all on target. Lille completed 15 interceptions. Bilal Brahimi assisted Azzedine Ounahi to level the score in the 83rd minute. In the 96th minute, Amadou Onana received a red card.
Les Dogues have defended flawlessly so far this season. They have completed approximately 28 defensive actions per game on average. Lille made 115 shots with 53 on target in 13 matches. Besides, they have averaged approximately 8.5 defensive actions per game.
We have seen a total under 2.5 goals in five of the last seven matches with Lille participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) in the next match.
Lille team news: Sven Botman — groin injury, Orestis Karnezis — leg injury.
Monaco vs Lille (November 19) key players and lineups
Monaco projected starting lineup:
- Alexander Nubel
- Ruben Aguilar
- Guillermo Maripan
- Benoit Badiashile
- Caio Henrique
- Krepin Diatta
- Youssouf Fofana
- Jean Lucas
- Ismail Jakobs
- Wissam Ben Yedder
- Kevin Volland
Wissam Ben Yedder is the 10th best scorer in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. He scored six goals and made two assists in 883 minutes. He created 11 chances in penalty areas.
Lille projected starting lineup:
- Ivo Grbic
- Tiago Djalo
- Jose Fonte
- Zeki Celik
- Reinaldo Mandava
- Benjamin Andre
- Yusuf Yazici
- Isaac Lihadji
- Jonathan Ikone
- Jonathan David
- Burak Yilmaz
Jonathan David is the second best forward in the 2021-22 season of Ligue 1. He made 24 shots with 13 on target. Jonathan scored eight goals.
Monaco vs Lille (November 19) betting tips and prediction
Monaco played badly in the last matches. They did not score in the last three fixtures. Whereas Lille played better in the 2021-22 season. They have better stats in defence and in attack as well. Lille are able to win or draw this time, but they were comfortable rivals for Monaco in the most recent H2H fixture. Niko Kovac’s boys made eight shots with four on target, whereas Lille made five shots with two on target. The Monegasques scored a goal but it was cancelled due to an offside. I believe both teams could score in this game too. The same outcome was played out in two of the last three H2H matches between these teams.
Betting prediction: Lille not to lose
Odds: 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Both teams to score
Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)