The Poland vs Netherlands fixture in the Round 5 of the 2022-23 UEFA Nations League will take place on Thursday, 22 September 2022, starting at 6:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is PGE Narodowy, Warsaw. Poland vs the Netherlands (September 22) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Poland vs Netherlands latest odds on betting sites
Poland is priced with the odds of 3.70 (-150 American; 2/3 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 26%. The Netherlands come with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) to take Poland down. The chances of this outcome are close to 46%. The draw is priced with the odds of 3.50 (+250; 5/2), which equals an approximate probability of 28%.
The latest odds for Poland vs Netherlands (September 22) betting markets:
- Over 2.5 goals — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Under 2.5 goals — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Poland — 1.25 (-400; 1/4)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on Netherlands — 3.70 (+270; 27/10)
- Both teams to score (Yes) — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
- Both teams to score (No) — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
Poland vs Netherlands match preview and statistics
Poland was defeated by Belgium (0-1) in Round 4 of their group.
In the first half, Poland did not play confidently. They controlled the ball only 28% of the time and attacked eight times, whereas Belgium completed only 21 attacks. Czeslaw Michniewicz’s men made only three shots, which were not on target, whereas Belgium finished their single shot on goal successfully. Michy Batshuayi scored the first goal in the 16th minute.
Poland played much better in the second half, but they did not finish their dangerous moments successfully. They controlled the ball 41% of the time and made nine attempts to score with one on target, but did not finish it successfully. Belgium attacked 21 times and made seven shots with three on target, but did not score their goal too.
A total of over 2.5 goals has played out in three of the last four matches with Poland participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.95 (-105; 19/20) in this fixture.
The Netherlands pulled Wales (3-2) down in the most recent fixture.
In the first half, the Flying Dutchmen absolutely dominated. They attacked 26 times and let Wales complete only four attacks. The Netherlands made 10 shots with four on target and controlled the ball 63% of the time. Noa Lang and Cody Gakpo scored the first two goals in the 17th and 23rd minutes, respectively. Brennan Jhonson scored the first goal for Wales in the 26th minute.
Wales played better in the second half, but the Netherlands still were much stronger. Louis van Gaal’s boys attacked 35 times and controlled the ball 55% of the time. They made 12 shots with three on target and finished one of them successfully, whereas Wales made eight attempts to score with two on goal. Gareth Bale leveled the score in the 92nd minute, but Memphis Depay scored a winning goal in the 93rd minute.
Both teams have scored in the last six matches with the Netherlands participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) in Round 5.
Poland vs Netherlands H2H
Poland drew against the Netherlands (2-2) in Round 3 of the 2022-23 Nations League. They made only five shots with three on target, but finished two of them successfully. Poland controlled the ball only 34% of the time and attacked 24 times.
The Netherlands made 17 shots with six on target during 95 attacks and bagged two goals. Also, they completed 16 defensive actions. Memphis Depay did not score a penalty in the 91st minute.
Poland vs Netherlands lineups and key players
Poland projected starting lineup:
- Bartlomiej Dragowski
- Jan Bednarek
- Pawel Dawidowicz
- Arkadiusz Reca
- Bartosz Bereszynski
- Grzegorz Krychowiak
- Piotr Zielinski
- Sebastian Szymanski
- Nicola Zalewski
- Robert Lewandowski
- Arkadiusz Milik
Robert Lewandowski has scored one out of four goals for Poland in the 2022-23 Nations League. He has scored 11 goals in the last seven matches for Barcelona.
The Netherlands projected starting lineup:
- Mark Flekken
- Matthijs de Ligt
- Virgil van Dijk
- Jurrien Timber
- Tyrell Malacia
- Frenkie de Jong
- Denzel Dumfries
- Davy Klaassen
- Cody Gakpo
- Memphis Depay
- Wout Weghorst
Memphis Depay is the best scorer in the 2022-23 Nations League with three goals and one assist. Also, Depay scored a goal in the last match for Barelona.
Poland vs Netherlands predictions and betting tips
The Netherlands have a streak of 13 matches without losses. In the group stage of this tournament, they have won three out of four matches and drew in the match against Poland. In spite of this result, the Netherlands played much better than their rivals. They attacked perfectly, but did not finish most of their attempts to score successfully.
Poland was defeated by Poland twice in this tournament and drew against the Netherlands. They have only one victory against Wales, but were not much stronger than their rivals in this fixture. I believe that they did not have any chances to beat the Netherlands this time.
Also, Memphis Depay will be able to score in the next fixture. He is the best scorer in the 2022-23 Nations League with three goals and an assist in four matches. I believe that he will score the fourth goal against Poland.
Betting prediction: the Netherlands to win
Odds: 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Memphis Depay to score
Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional)