New York Rangers vs Colorado Avalanche prediction and betting tips (December 8)
The New York Rangers have a streak of six victories and have won 10 of the last 11 matches. Will they win this game?
Artemi Panarin scored 7 goals and made19 assists for Rangers this season
Artemi Panarin scored 7 goals and made19 assists for Rangers this season
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The New York Rangers vs Colorado Avalanche fixture in the 2021-22 NHL season will take place on Wednesday, 8 December 2021, starting at 07:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 12:00 a.m. by GMT the next day, 9 December 2021. The venue is Madison Square Garden, New York. New York Rangers vs Colorado Avalanche (December 8) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Rangers vs Avalanche (December 8) latest odds on betting sites

The New York Rangers are priced with the odds of 3.20 (+220 American; 11/5 Fractional) to win this match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 31%. The Colorado Avalanche come with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 47%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.20 (+320; 16/5), which equals an approximate probability of 22%.

The latest odds for Rangers vs Avalanche (December 8) betting markets:

  • Over 5.5 goals — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
  • Under 5.5 goals — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Rangers — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Avalanche — 2.60 (+160; 8/5)

Rangers vs Avalanche (December 8) match preview and stats

The New York Rangers are second in their division with 35 points in 23 matches. They won 16 matches, lost four times in 60 minutes and three times in overtime. In the last fixture, the New York Rangers beat the Chicago Blackhawks (3-2).

The Rangers did not play well in the first period. They made only four shots on target, whereas the Blackhawks made seven shots. The New York Rangers completed 13 defensive actions, but the Chicago Blackhawks still won this period. In the 20th minute, Brandon Hagel and Seth Jones helped Patrick Kane to score the first goal.

In the second period, the Rangers played a bit better than their rivals. Gerard Gallant’s boys made 13 shots on target and completed 14 defensive actions. In the fifth minute, Artemi Panarin and Adam Fox helped Ryan Strome to level the score. In the 18th minute, Adam scored one more goal.

Both teams performed well in the third period. The New York Rangers made 13 shots, whereas Chicago Blackhawks made 11. Gerard Gallant’s men intercepted the puck one time and lost it three times, but they completed 18 defensive actions in that period. In the 15th minute, Artemi Panarin scored a goal with the support of Ryan Strome and Jacob Trouba. Alex DeBrincat leveled the score in this period in the 19th minute.

The New York Rangers performed well in the most recent H2H match against the Colorado Avalanche. They made 32 shots on target and scored, but were not lucky to bag more than two goals. Besides, the Rangers completed 15 blocks, 25 saves and six interceptions.

The New York Rangers have scored in first periods in four of the last six matches. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.65 (-154; 13/20) in this game.

New York Rangers team news: Samuel Blais — knee injury, Igor Shesterkin — leg injury.

The Colorado Avalanche are second in the Central Division with 28 points in 22 fixtures. Jared Bednar’s boys won 13 games, lost seven matches before overtime and drew two times in 60 minutes. In the last game, they beat the Philadelphia Flyers (7-5).

We saw a fantastic first period. The Colorado Avalanche made 14 shots and scored four goals, whereas the Philadelphia Flyers made nine shots and scored three goals. Claude Giroux opened the scoring with a goal in the seventh minute. However, afterwards the Avalanche scored four goals in a row in the 10th, the 14th and the 16th minute. In the 17th minute, Oskar Lindblom scored the second goal for the Flyers. Claude Giroux scored the last goal in this period in the 19th minute, to finish it with a 3-4 score.

In the second period, both teams made higher numbers of shots on target, but we saw only one goal due to their perfect play in defence. The Colorado Avalanche completed 20 defensive actions, whereas their rivals completed 21. In the second minute, Valeri Nichushkin scored a goal with Erik Johnson’s support.

The Colorado Avalanche dominated in the last period. They made 19 shots on target. Jared Bednar’s men completed eight blocks, nine saves and three interceptions. In the second half, Cam Atkinson scored the fourth goal for the Flyers. Then Nazem Kadri and Tyson Jost scored their goals in the sixth and 12th minute, respectively. In the 19th minute, Scott Laughton scored the last goal.

In the last head-to-head match against the Rangers, Jared Bednar’s boys made 28 shots on target and scored three goals. They completed 20 blocks, 30 saves and 16 interceptions. In the third period, they did not score a bullet.

We have seen a total over 5.5 goals in 12 of the last 14 matches with the Colorado Avalanche participating. The same total is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) in this fixture.

Colorado Avalanche team news: Stefan Matteau — leg injury, Ryan Murray — upper body injury, J.T. Compher — lower body injury.

Rangers vs Avalanche (December 8) key players and lineups

New York Rangers projected first lineup:

  • Alexander Georgiev
  • Adam Fox
  • Ryan Lindgren
  • Kaapo Kakko
  • Mika Zibanejad
  • Artemi Panarin

Artemi Panarin is the best forward of the Colorado Avalanche in the 2021-22 NHL season. He scored seven goals and made 19 assists.

Colorado Avalanche projected first lineup:

  • Andrey Vasilevskiy
  • Jan Rutta
  • Victor Hedman
  • Steven Stamkos
  • Mikko Rantanen
  • Nazem Kadri

Nazem Kadri is the fourth top scorer in the 2021-22 NHL. He scored 10 goals and made 21 assists.

Rangers vs Avalanche (December 8) betting tips and prediction

The New York Rangers performed confidently in their last matches. They lost the most recent match against the Avalanche in overtime, but played well overall in spite of the loss and have won 12 of the last 14 matches. I believe that the New York Rangers will be able to win this fixture.

The Colorado Avalanche have scored 25 goals in the last five matches. We have seen a total over 5.5 goals in two of the last three H2H matches. This outcome looks safe too.

Betting prediction: New York Rangers to win

Odds: 3.20 (+220 American; 11/5 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 5.5 goals

Odds: 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional)

New York Rangers — Colorado Avalanche
New York Rangers to win
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!