The New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins fixture in the 2021-22 NHL will take place on Thursday, 7 April 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 11:00 p.m. by GMT this day. The venue is Madison Square Garden, New York. The New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins (7 April 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins latest odds on betting sites
The New York Rangers are priced with the odds of 2.40 (+140 American; 7/5 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 41%. The Pittsburgh Penguins come with the odds of 2.65 (+165; 33/20) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 37%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.50 (+350; 7/2), which equals an approximate probability of 22%.
The latest odds for Rangers vs Penguins (7 April 2022):
- Over 5.5 goals — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Under 5.5 goals — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Rangers — 3.10 (+210; 21/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Penguins — 1.40 (-250; 2/5)
New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins match preview and statistics
The New York Rangers received 96 points to be second in the Metropolitan Division. They have 45 victories and 26 losses with six overtimes.
Gerard Gallant’s boys won over the New Jersey Devils (3-1) in the last fixture. They played much better than their rivals in the first period. The New York Rangers made 13 shots on target and bagged two goals. They won 11 out of 19 face-offs. In the seventh minute, Egor Sharangovich opened the score, but Ryan Strome leveled the score in five minutes. In the 18th minute, Chris Kreider scored the second goal for his team.
The New Jersey Devils dominated in the second period, but they were not able to score a goal. They made six shots on target, whereas the Rangers made only one shot. The New York Rangers completed nine defensive actions and won eight face-offs.
The Rangers played worse in the last period too, but they finished it in their favor. They made only three shots and finished one of them successfully, whereas the Devils made eight shots and did not score a goal. In the 44th minute, Justin Braun scored the last goal in the match.
The New York Rangers have scored three or more goals in seven of the last eight matches. They are priced with the odds of 1.65 (154; 13/20) in this fixture.
New York Rangers team news: Samuel Blais — knee injury, Kaapo Kakko — lower body injury, Kevin Rooney — lower body injury.
The Pittsburgh Penguins are third in the Metropolitan Division with 92 points. They won 41 matches, lost 20 fixtures in 60 minutes and 10 in overtime.
The Penguins were defeated by the Colorado Avalanche (4-6) in the last game. In the first period, Mike Sullivan’s boys played perfectly. They made 20 shots on target and won 72% out of 18 face-offs. In the third minute, Nathan MacKinnon scored the first goal. Bryan Rust leveled the score in the sixth minute.
In the second period, both teams were absolutely equal. They made 10 shots on target each. The Penguins completed 15 defensive actions and won 12 out of 15 face-offs. J. T. Compher and Nathan MacKinnon scored their goals in the 30th and 32nd minutes, respectively. Evan Rodrigues scored the second goal for the Penguins in the 38th minute.
The Pittsburgh Penguins played a bit better in the last period, but they did not finish most of their moments successfully. They made 15 shots and finished two of them successfully. Josh Manson and Darren Helm scored their goals for the Avalanche in the 42nd and 56th minutes. Jake Guentzel and Mike Matson scored their goals for the Penguins. Artturi Lehkonen scored the last goal in the last minute.
A total of over 5.5 goals has played out in six of the last eight matches with the Pittsburgh Penguins participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20) this time.
Pittsburgh Penguins team news: Nathan Beaulieu — upper body injury, Brock McGinn — lower body injury.
New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins H2H
The New York Rangers won the last head-to-head game against the Pittsburgh Penguins (3-2). They made 26 shots and completed 45 defensive actions. The Rangers won 22 face-offs.
The Penguins made 24 shots on target and bagged two goals. They completed 53 defensive actions and won 26 face-offs.
New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins lineups and key players
New York Rangers projected first lineup:
- Alexandar Georgiev
- Adam Fox
- Jacob Trouba
- Ryan Reaves
- Artemi Panarin
- Chris Kreider
Artemi Panarin is the best attacker in his team. He has scored 19 goals and has made 65 assists in the 2021-22 season.
Pittsburgh Penguins projected starting lineup:
- Louis Domingue
- Brian Dumoulin
- Kris Letang
- Evgeni Malkin
- Sidney Crosby
- Jake Guentzel
Jake Guentzel has scored approximately 0.5 goals per match and made 37 assists in 66 games of the 2021-22 NHL.
New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins predictions and betting tips
The Pittsburgh Penguins attacked perfectly in the last game against the Colorado Avalanche. Also, they performed perfectly in the last H2H match against the New York Rangers in spite of the loss. Gerard Gallant’s boys won over the New Jersey Devils in the last game, but their performance was not good. Besides, this is their single victory in the last three matches. Their current form looks terrible. I believe that the Penguins will win this match.
We have seen a total of over 5.5 goals in six of the last eight matches. Also, this outcome has played out in six of the last eight matches with the Pittsburgh Penguins participating. This outcome looks safe too.
Betting prediction: Pittsburgh Penguins to win
Odds: 2.65 (+165 American; 37/20 Fractions)