New York Rangers vs Toronto Maple Leafs prediction and betting tips (January 19)
The Toronto Maple Leafs have won three of the last four H2H matches against the Rangers. Will they win one more game?
Auston Matthews (Maple Leafs) has scored the third-best number of goals this season — 25
Auston Matthews (Maple Leafs) has scored the third-best number of goals this season — 25

The New York Rangers vs Toronto Maple Leafs fixture in the 2021-22 NHL will take place on Wednesday, 19 January 2022, starting at 07:30 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 00:30 a.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is Madison Square Garden, New York. The New York Rangers vs Toronto Maple Leafs (19 January 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Rangers vs Maple Leafs (January 19) latest odds on betting sites

The New York Rangers are priced with the odds of 3.00 (+200 American; 2/1 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 33%. The Maple Leafs come with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 47%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.70 (+370; 37/10), which equals an approximate probability of 20%.

The latest odds for Rangers vs Maple Leafs (19 January 2022) betting markets:

  • Over 5.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
  • Under 5.5 goals — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Rangers — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Maple Leafs — 2.60 (+160; 8/5)

Rangers vs Maple Leafs (January 19) match preview and stats

The New York Rangers are the best in the Metropolitan Division. They received 54 points in 39 games. They have 25 victories, 10 losses in 60 minutes and four in overtime. In the last match, the Rangers won over the Philadelphia Flyers (3-2).

Gerard Gallant’s boys played a bit better in the first period. They took two more shots on target, but both teams scored because the Flyers had weakened defence with only 18 defensive actions. In the sixth minute, Mika Zibanejad scored a goal in powerplay. Then Oskar Lindblom leveled the score with Travis Konecny and Scott Laughton’s help.

In the second period, we did not see a goal in spite of the fact that the Ranger made 12 shots on target with seven by their rivals. The Flyers completed 18 defensive actions.

The Philadelphia Flyers dominated in the third period but lost it. They made 15 shots on target but the New York Rangers completed 24 defensive actions which was the reason why the Flyers scored only one goal. However, Gerard Gallant’s men finished two of their seven shots on target successfully. Cameron York scored a goal in the 51st minute. Filip Chytil and Chris Kreider scored their goals in the 51st and 54th minutes, respectively.

The New York Rangers did not play well in the most recent head-to-head fixture against the Maple Leafs. They made only 28 shots on target and finished only one of them successfully. Besides, Gerard Gallant’s boys completed 41 defensive actions.

We have seen a total under 5.5 goals in six of the last seven matches with the Rangers participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.20 (+120; 6/5) in this game.

New York Rangers team news: Samuel Blais — knee injury, Dryden Hunt — lower body injury.

The Toronto Maple Leafs are third in the Atlantic Division with 51 points in 36 games. They have 24 victories, three draws and nine losses. The Maple Leafs beat Saint Louis Blues (6-5) in the most recent fixture.

The Maple Leafs attacked well in the first period. They made 14 shots on target and finished three of them successfully. In the fourth minute, Ryan O'Reilly scored the first goals with Ivan Barbashev and Oskar Sundqvist’s support. Michael Bunting, Mitch Marner and John Tavares scored their goals in the sixth, eighth and 10th minutes, respectively.

Both teams were approximately equal in the second period. The Saint Louis Blues completed 18 defensive actions only, and that was the reason why the Maple Leafs lost the period. Ryan O'Reilly and Brandon Saad scored the first two goals. Timothy Liljegren scored the fourth goal for the Maple Leafs in the 29th minute. In the 36th minute, Robert Thomas leveled the score.

In the last period, the Toronto Maple Leafs played much better. They made 13 shots on target, whereas their rivals made only four. Niko Mikkola scored a goal in the 44th minute. Auston Matthews and Ilya Mikheyev scored their goals in the 52nd and 57th minutes, respectively.

Sheldon Keefe’s men performed confidently in the last match against the Rangers. They made 30 shots on target and scored two goals. Both these goals were scored by Morgan Rielly. Besides, the Maple Leafs completed 59 defensive actions.

We have seen a total over 1.5 goals in third periods in nine of the last ten fixtures with the Toronto Maple Leafs participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5) in this fixture.

Rangers vs Maple Leafs (January 19) key players and lineups

New York Rangers projected first lineup:

  • Alexandar Georgiev
  • Adam Fox
  • Jacob Trouba
  • Kaapo Kakko
  • Artemi Panarin
  • Chris Kreider

Adam Fox is the 16th best player in the 2021-22 NHL. He has scored five goals and made 34 assists this season. In the last match, he made two assists.

Toronto Maple Leafs projected first lineup:

  • Jack Campbell
  • T. J. Brodie
  • Morgan Rielly
  • William Nylander
  • Auston Matthews
  • Michael Bunting

Auston Matthews is the best forward in his team. Auston has scored 25 goals which is the third best number and has made 15 assists this season.

Rangers vs Maple Leafs (January 19) betting tips and prediction

Both teams have performed equally this season: both have won five of the last ten H2H matches. They played confidently against weaker rivals but often lost against stronger teams. The Toronto Maple Leafs have won six of the last eight matches, and I believe they will be able to win this match.

We have seen a total under 3.5 goals in the last two H2H matches. That is the reason why a total under 5.5 goals looks safe.

Betting prediction: Toronto Maple Leafs to win

Odds: 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Under 5.5 goals

Odds: 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractional)

New York Rangers — Toronto Maple Leafs
Lost
Toronto Maple Leafs to win
2.10
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!