Olympic ice hockey 2022: ROC vs Denmark prediction and betting tips (February 16)
Russia have won six of the last eight matches as well as won both H2H fixtures against Denmark. An easy win for the Russian Olympic Committee?
Kirill Semenov of Russia scored 2 goals and made an assist in the group stage
Kirill Semenov of Russia scored 2 goals and made an assist in the group stage

The Russia vs Denmark fixture in the quarter-finals of the 2022 Olympic ice hockey tournament will take place on Wednesday, 16 February 2022, starting at 06:00 a.m. GMT. The venue is National Stadium, Beijing. The Russia vs Denmark (16 February 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Russia (ROC) vs Denmark latest odds on betting sites

Russia are priced with the odds of 1.40 (-250 American; 2/5 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 70%. Denmark come with the odds of 6.50 (+550; 11/2) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 13%. The draw is priced with the odds of 5.40 (+440; 22/5), which equals an approximate probability of 17%.

The latest odds for Russia (ROC) vs Denmark (16 February 2022) betting markets:

  • Over 5.5 goals — 2.25 (+125; 5/4)
  • Under 5.5 goals — 1.65 (-154; 13/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on ROC — 1.65 (-154; 13/20)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Denmark — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)

Russia (ROC) vs Denmark match preview and statistics

Russia were defeated by the Czech Republic (5-6 OT) in the most recent H2H match.

In the first period, the Czechs played much better than ROC. They made 12 shots on target and finished one of them successfully. Russia made only six shots but they scored their goal in this period too. In the fifth minute, Vladimir Tkachev bagged it. Tomas Kundratek leveled the score in powerplay in the 13th minute.

ROC did not perform flawlessly in the second period. The Czech Republic made 16 shots on target and completed 17 defensive actions, whereas Russia made 11 shots on target in this period and bagged a goal. Nikita Nesterov scored a goal in powerplay in the 33rd minute. David Krejci and Michael Spacek scored their goals in the 39th and 40th minutes, respectively.

Both teams performed approximately equal in the last period. ROC made 12 shots and scored three goals, whereas Filip Pesan’s men finished two out of 10 shots on target successfully. Lukas Klok scored the fourth goal for the Czech Republic in the 44th minute. Kirill Semenov, Arseniy Gritsyuk and Andrey Chibisov scored their goals in the 44th, 47th and 49th minutes, respectively. Thomas Hyka scored a goal in the 59th minute.

In the fifth minute of overtime, Libor Sulak finished one out of three shots on target successfully.

A total of under 5.5 goals has played out in six of the last eight matches. The same total is priced with the odds of 1.65 (-154; 13/20) in this quarter-final.

Denmark beat Latvia (3-2) in the previous stage of the 2022 Olympic ice hockey tournament.

In the first period, Denmark performed a bit better. They made 12 shots on target and bagged one goal. Latvia made nine shots and finished one of them successfully too. In the 13th minute, Morten Poulsen scored the first goal. Lauris Darzins leveled the score in the 17th minute.

Denmark and Latvia showed equal play in the second period. Heinz Ehlers’s boys made nine shots on target, whereas their rivals made 10. Denmark completed 15 defensive actions and scored a goal. In the 23rd minute, Lauris Darzins scored the second goal in powerplay. Julian Jakobsen scored the goal to level the score in the 37th minute.

The Danish Lions were stronger in the last period. They made 10 shots on target and completed 13 defensive actions. Also, Denmark won 14 out of 24 face-offs in this period. Latvia made eight shots on target but did not finish them successfully. In the 42nd minute, Markus Lauridsen scored the last goal in powerplay.

Denmark have scored three or more goals in eight of the last 11 fixtures. The same outcome comes with the odds of 3.70 (+270; 27/10) this time.

Russia (ROC) vs Denmark H2H

The Russian Olympic Committee won over Denmark (2-0) in the last head-to-head match. They performed much better in this match. Russia made 23 shots on target and finished two of them successfully. Also, they completed 46 defensive actions.

Denmark made 16 shots in this match but did not finish them successfully. They completed 44 defensive actions and won 50% out of 54 face-offs.

Russia (ROC) vs Denmark lineups and key players

ROC projected starting lineup:

  • Ivan Fedotov
  • Nikita Zadorov
  • Nikita Nesterov
  • Mikhail Grigorenko
  • Dmitri Voronkov
  • Kirill Semenov

Kirill Semenov is the 16th best scorer in the 2022 Olympic hockey tournament. He scored two goals and made an assist in the group stage.

Denmark projected starting lineup:

  • Sebastian Dahm
  • Emil Kristensen
  • Oliver Lauridsen
  • Nicklas Jensen
  • Frans Nielsen
  • Frederik Storm

Frederik Storm is the best forward in his team. He scored two goals and made one assist in this tournament. Also, Storm has scored 13 goals and has made 25 assists in the 2021-22 season.

Russia (ROC) vs Denmark predictions and betting tips

Russia’s roster is much stronger than Denmark’s one. Still, the Danish Lions performed confidently in the group stage and won all matches in this tournament. ROC will certainly be able to win the match, but I believe that they will not score more than three goals. The same outcome has played out in their both H2H matches, and Denmark’s defence in the 2022 Olympic hockey tournament was flawless.

Also, I believe that we will see a total of under 5.5 goals in this match. The same outcome has played out in seven of the last nine matches with Russia participating and in both H2H matches of Russia against Denmark.

Betting prediction: ROC to win & under 5.5 goals

Odds: 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Under 3.5 goals by Russia

Odds: 1.80 (-125 American; 4/5 Fractional)

ROC — Denmark
Won
ROC to win & under 5.5 goals
2.20
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!