PSG vs Marseille prediction and betting tips (October 16)
PSG have a streak of three draws. Will Les Parisiens beat Marseille to break a streak of three matches without victories?
Alexis Sanchez is the best for his team in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 with four goals
Alexis Sanchez is the best for his team in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 with four goals
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The PSG vs Marseille fixture in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 will take place on Sunday, 16 October 2022, starting at 6:45 p.m. GMT.

Latest odds on betting sites

PSG are priced with the odds of 1.40 (-250 American; 2/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 68%. Marseille come with the odds of 8.00 (+700; 7/1) to take PSG down. The chances of this outcome are close to 12%. The draw is priced with the odds of 5.00 (+400; 4/1), which equals an approximate probability of 20%.

The latest odds for PSG vs Marseille (October 16) betting markets:

  • Over 3.5 goals β€” 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
  • Under 3.5 goals β€” 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Marseille β€” 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on PSG β€” 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
  • Neymar to score anytime β€” 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
  • Kylian Mbappe to score anytime β€” 2.00 (+100; 1/1)

Match preview and statistics

PSG drew against Benfica (1-1) in Round 4 of the 2022-23 Champions League.

In the first half, Paris Saint-Germain were much stronger than Benfica. They controlled the ball 58% of the time and attacked 19 times, whereas Benfica completed 15 attacks and made two shots which were not on target. PSG made four shots with three on target and finished one of them successfully. In the 40th minute, Kylian Mbappe scored the penalty to open the score.

PSG attacked well in the second half, but they did not create many dangerous moments. Les Parisiens controlled the ball 62% of the time and attacked 24 times, but they made only three shots, which all were not on target. Benfica made five attempts to score and finished a single shot on target successfully. Joao Mario leveled the scoreline by scoring the penalty in the 62nd minute.

A total of under 3.5 goals has played out in 10 of the last 11 matches with PSG participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) in this fixture.

PSG team news: Presnel Kimpembe β€” hamstring injury, Timothee Pembele β€” ligament injury, Renato Sanches – injured, Lionel Messi β€” calf injury.

Marseille smashed Sporting (2-0) in the most recent game.

Les Olympiense dominated in the first half. They controlled the ball 63% of the time and made seven shots with four on target during 13 attacks. Sporting made only one shot which was on target. In the 19th minute, Ricardo Esgaio received a red card. Matteo Guendouzi and Alexis Sanchez scored their goals in the 20th and 30th minutes, respectively.

In the second half, Sporting attacked only four times and made three attempts to score with one on target, but were not lucky to finish them successfully. Marseille made 10 shots with one on target during 27 attacks, but did not score a goal in spite of the fact that Sporting received the second red card in the 60th minute.

Only one team has scored in four of the last six H2H matches against PSG. Both teams to score – No is priced with the odds of 2.05 (+105; 21/20) in the next game.

Marseille team news: Sead Kolasinac β€” muscle injury.

PSG vs Marseille H2H

PSG defeated Marseille (2-1) in Round 32 of the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They controlled the ball 42% of the time and made seven shots with three on target. Les Parisiens attacked 29 times in the match and completed 17 defensive actions. Neymar and Kylian Mbappe scored their goals in this match. Lionel Messi’s goal was canceled due to offside.

Les Olympiense controlled the ball 58% of the time and attacked 40 times. They made three shots with one on target. Duje Caleta-Car scored a single goal for his team in the 31st minute.

Lineups and key players

PSG projected starting lineup:

  • Gianluigi Donnaruma
  • Marquinhos
  • Sergio Ramos
  • El Chadaille Bitshiabu
  • Achraf Hakimi
  • Marco Verratti
  • Carlos Soler
  • Nuno Mendes
  • Pablo Sarabia
  • Neymar Jr.
  • Kylian Mbappe

Kylian Mbappe scored a single goal in the last draw against Benfica. He is the second best scorer in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 with eight goals and bagged a goal in the last H2H match against Marseille.

Marseille projected starting lineup:

  • Pau Lopez
  • Chancel Mbemba
  • Leonardo Balerdi
  • Nuno Tavares
  • Issa Kabore
  • Valentin Roniger
  • Jordan Veretout
  • Jonathan Clauss
  • Cengiz Under
  • Gerson
  • Luis Suarez

Alexis Sanchez is the best for his team in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 with four goals. Also, he has scored three goals in the last four matches with his participation.

Prediction and betting tips

PSG have a streak of 29 matches without losses, but they have drawn in the last three matches. They have 1-1 scores in two matches against Benfica in the 2022-23 Champions League and drew in the last match in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 against Reims. In the last match against Marseille, PSG did not play their best. Also, Lionel Messi will not be lucky to participate in this match. It will make his team much weaker, because he is the best creator of dangerous moments for PSG in this season.

Marseille beat Sporting in the last match, but they were able to score more than two goals, because their rivals had two red cards in this match. I believe that we will see a total of under 3.5 goals, which has played out in 10 of the last 11 matches with PSG participating, because both teams are not in their best forms now. Also, Kylian Mbappe will be able to score in this match. He has scored two out of four goals in the last three H2H matches against Marseille.

Betting prediction: Under 3.5 goals

Odds: 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Kylian Mbappe to score

Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional)

PSG β€” Marseille
Lost
Kylian Mbappe to score
2.00
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!