Trophee des Champions 2022: PSG vs Nantes prediction and betting tips (July 31)
Paris-Saint Germain have won eight of the last nine Trophee des Champions finals. Will they win this one?
Lionel Messi (PSG) played flawlessly in the pre-season matches
Lionel Messi (PSG) played flawlessly in the pre-season matches

The PSG vs Nantes fixture in the 2021-22 Trophee des Champions will take place on Sunday, 31 July 2021, starting at 6:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Bloomfield Stadium, Tel Aviv. PSG vs Nantes (July 31) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

PSG vs Nantes latest odds on betting sites

Nantes are priced with the odds of 7.00 (+600 American; 6/1 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 14%. PSG come with the odds of 1.40 (-250; 2/5) to take Monaco down. The chances of this outcome are close to 67%. The draw is priced with the odds of 5.20 (+420; 21/5), which equals an approximate probability of 19%.

The latest odds for PSG vs Nantes (July 31) betting markets:

  • Over 3.5 goals — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Under 3.5 goals — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Nantes — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on PSG — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Lionel Messi to score anytime — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
  • Neymar to score anytime — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)

PSG vs Nantes match preview and statistics

PSG finished the 2021-22 Ligue 1 first with 86 points in 38 matches. In the last match of the season, they destroyed Metz (5-0).

Les Parisiens were unstoppable in the first half. They controlled the ball 70% of the time and made 13 shots with six on target. Overall, they attacked 24 times and scored three goals. Kylian Mbappe scored the first two goals in the 25th and 28th minutes, respectively. Neymar bagged the third one in the 31st minute.

In the second half, Paris Saint-Germain continued their domination. They controlled the ball 81% of the time and attacked 40 times. PSG made six shots on target and finished two of them successfully. Kylian Mbappe scored his third goal in the 50th minute. In the 58th minute, Boubacar Traore received a red card. Angel Di Maria scored the last goal in the 67th minute of the match.

A total of over 3.5 goals has played out in the last four matches in the Ligue 1 with PSG participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.00 (+100; 1/1) this time.

Nantes won the 2021-22 Coupe de France to qualify for the Trophee des Champions. They were defeated by Lyon (2-3) in the last game of the 2021-22 season.

In the first half, both teams played equally. Nantes controlled the ball only 38% of the time, but they made eight shots with four on target, whereas Lyon made only six shots with two on target. Nantes completed 12 defensive actions, but they were not enough. In the ninth minute, Moussa Dembele opened the score.

In the second half, Nantes did not show their best play. They attacked 20 times and made nine shots with two one target, whereas their rivals made 11 shots with four on target. Both teams scored two goals, each. Lucas Paqueta scored the second goal for his team in the 78th minute. Quentin Merlin and Wylan Cyprien scored two goals for Nantes, but Tete bagged a winning goal for Les Olympiense.

Both teams have scored in nine of the last 13 matches with Nantes participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.55 (-182; 11/20) in this game.

PSG vs Nantes H2H

Nantes beat PSG (3-1) in the last 25th Round of the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They controlled the ball only 28% of the time and made 38 attacks. However, Nantes made 13 shots with seven on target and finished three of them successfully. Randal Kolo Muani, Quentin Merlin and Ludovic Blas scored their goals.

Paris Saint-Germain made 16 shots with nine on target, but Alban Lafont shone that time and saved eight of them. Les Parisiens attacked 59 times and completed 17 defensive actions. Neymar scored a single goal with Lionel Messi’s support. Also, Neymar did not score a penalty in this match.

PSG vs Nantes lineups and key players

PSG projected starting lineup:

  • Gianluigi Donnarumma
  • Presnel Kimpembe
  • Marquinhos
  • Colin Dagba
  • Achraf Hakimi
  • Marco Verratti
  • Julian Draxler
  • Georginio Wijnaldum
  • Pablo Sarabia
  • Neymar
  • Lionel Messi

Lionel Messi finished the 2021-22 Ligue 1 with six goals and 14 assists. Also, he has scored nine goals in his last eight matches.

Nantes projected starting lineup:

  • Alban Lafont
  • Andrei Girotto
  • Fábio
  • Nicolas Pallois
  • Ludovic Blas
  • Samuel Moutoussamy
  • Moussa Sissoko
  • Marcus Coco
  • Evann Guessand
  • Kader Bamba
  • Bridge Ndilu

Ludovic Blas scored one out of three goals in the last H2H game against PSG. In the 2021-22 season, he was the second best scorer in his team. Blas has scored 10 goals and has made five assists.

PSG vs Nantes predictions and betting tips

It is obvious that PSG’s roster is much stronger. They look like sure favorites. Lionel Messi is on his way to getting back to his best form. The teams finished the season with a 31-point difference. Also, Randal Kolo Muani left Nantes. He was the best goalscorer in his team in the 2021-22 season. PSG will win this trophy for sure. A total of over 2.5 goals looks safe too. This outcome has played out in seven of the last eight H2H matches.

However, Nantes played well in the last head-to-head games against PSG. They scored three goals. Also, they have scored a goal or more in the last three H2H matches. Paris Saint-Germain has conceded a goal in five of the last six Trophee des Champions matches. Both teams could score in this game.

Betting prediction: PSG to win & over 2.5 goals

Odds: 1.80 (-125 American; 4/5 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Both teams to score

Odds: 1.55 (-182 American; 11/20 Fractional)


Football . 2022 Trophee des Champions
PSG — Nantes
Won
PSG to win & over 2.5 goals
1.80
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!