The PSG vs Nice fixture in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 will take place on Saturday, 1 October 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Parc des Princes, Paris. PSG vs Nice (October 1) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
PSG vs Nice latest odds on betting sites
PSG are priced with the odds of 1.15 (-667 American; 3/20 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 83%. Nice come with the odds of 18.00 (+1700; 17/1) to take PSG down. The chances of this outcome are close to 6%. The draw is priced with the odds of 9.00 (+800; 8/1), which equals an approximate probability of 11%.
The latest odds for PSG vs Nice (October 1) betting markets:
- Over 3.5 goals — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Under 3.5 goals — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Nice — 2.70 (+170; 17/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on PSG — 1.45 (-222; 9/20)
- Lionel Messi to score anytime — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
- Kylian Mbappe to score anytime — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
PSG vs Nice match preview and statistics
PSG beat Lyon (1-0) in the most recent fixture.
In the first half, PSG played much better than their rivals. Les Parisiens controlled the ball 70% of the time and attacked 35 times, whereas Lyon completed only 14 attacks. However, Lyon made eight attempts to score with three on goal, but did not finish them successfully. PSG bagged one goal in this half. Neymar helped Lionel Messi to open the score in the fifth minute.
In the second half, Lyon played aggressively. They attacked 41 times in the half, but PSG’s defence was undefeatable. Lyon made only four shots, which were not on target, whereas Les Parisiens made six attempts to score with four on target, but did not score their goal too.
PSG have won four of the last five matches in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 to nil They are priced with the odds of 2.00 (+100; 1/1) to win this fixture to nil.
PSG team news: Renato Sanches — muscle injury, Presnel Kimpembe — hamstring injury, Timothee Pembele — ligament injury.
Nice were defeated by Angers (0-1) in Round 12 of the 2022-23 Ligue 1.
The first half started badly for Nice. Jean-Clair Todibo received a red card in the first minute, which made his team play defensively. They attacked only 10 times, whereas Angers attacked 44 times and made 13 shots with three on target. In the 43rd minute, Nabil Bentaleb scored the first goal.
In the 62nd minute of the second half, Angers received their red card. Nice absolutely dominated in the second half. They controlled the ball 55% of the time and made 14 attempts to score with three on goal. Also, Nice let Angers made only three shots which were not on target. However, Les Aiglons were not lucky to score a goal in the match.
A total of under 2.5 goals has played out in the last five matches with Nice participating. The same total comes with the odds of 3.25 (+225; 9/4) in this fixture.
Nice team news: Jean-Clair Todibo — red card.
PSG vs Nice H2H
Nice pulled PSG (1-0) down in Round 27 of the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They controlled the ball 43% of the time and attacked 38 times in this match. Overall, Nice made 11 shots with six on target and finished one of them successfully, whereas Les Parisiens made only eight attempts to score with two on goal during 43 attacks.
PSG vs Nice lineups and key players
PSG projected starting lineup:
- Gianluigi Donnaruma
- Sergio Ramos
- El Chadaille Bitshiabu
- Achraf Hakimi
- Marco Verratti
- Carlos Soler
- Nuno Mendes
- Lionel Messi
- Neymar Jr.
- Kylian Mbappe
Neymar Jr. is the best scorer in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 with eight goals and seven assists. He has scored two goals in the last three matches for PSG and helped Messi to score a single goal in the last game.
Nice projected starting lineup:
- Kasper Schmeichel
- Mattia Viti
- Mads Bech Sorensen
- Melvin Bard
- Youcef Atal
- Khephren Thuram
- Ross Barkley
- Hicham Boudaoui
- Sofiane Diop
- Nicolas Pepe
- Andy Delort
Andy Delort is the best scorer for his team with three goals. Also, he scored a winning goal in the last H2H match against Paris Saint-Germain.
PSG vs Nice predictions and betting tips
PSG are much stronger than Nice. They have not lost a match in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 and have a streak of six victories. However, Nice are not comfortable rivals for Les Parisiens. Christophe Galtier’s men have lost two out of three last matches with one in the overtimes and drew in the remaining one.
Nice played perfectly in the last H2H match. They were unlucky to receive a red card in the first minute of the most recent fixture, but they showed a fantastic attack in the second half of the match. They are unlikely to beat PSG in their current form, but Asian handicap (+2.0) goals on Nice looks safe. It has played out in the last four H2H matches and in the last six matches with Nice participating.
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+2.0) goals on Nice
Odds: 2.25 (+125 American; 5/4 Fractional)