PSG vs Rennes prediction and betting tips (February 11)
Paris Saint-Germain have won only one of the last four head-to-head matches against Rennes. Who will win this match?
Kylian Mbappe (PSG) scored 11 goals and made nine assists in 21 matches this season
Kylian Mbappe (PSG) scored 11 goals and made nine assists in 21 matches this season

The PSG vs Rennes fixture in the 24th round of the 2021-22 Ligue 1 will take place on Friday, 11 February 2021, starting at 08:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Park de Prince, Paris. PSG vs Rennes (February 11) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

PSG vs Rennes latest odds on betting sites

Paris Saint-Germain are priced with the odds of 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 62%. Rennes come with the odds of 6.00 (+500; 5/1) to take PSG down. The chances of this outcome are close to 16%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.50 (+350; 7/2), which equals an approximate probability of 22%.

The latest odds for PSG vs Rennes (February 11) betting markets:

  • Over 2.5 goals — 1.65 (-154; 13/20)
  • Under 2.5 goals — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Rennes — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on PSG — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)
  • Lionel Messi to score anytime — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Kyllian Mbappe to score anytime — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)

PSG vs Rennes match preview and statistics

PSG keep being first in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 with 56 points. In the most recent fixture, Paris Saint-Germain won over Lille (5-1).

Les Parisiens played a bit better in the first half. They controlled the ball 55% of the time and attacked 26 times. Paris Saint-Germain made nine shots with three on target and finished all three successfully. Danilo Luis Pereira scored the first goal in the 10th minute. Sven Botman leveled the score in the 28th minute. Presnel Kimpembe and Lionel Messi scored their goals in the 32nd and 38th minutes, respectively.

Mauricio Pochettino’s boys played perfectly in the second half too. They made nine shots with four on target and scored two goals. PSG controlled the ball 63% of the time and made 28 attacks. Danilo Luis Pereira and Kylian Mbappe scored their goals in the 51st and 67th minutes, respectively.

A total of under 1.5 goals in the first half has played out in six of the last seven matches with Paris Saint-Germain participating. The same total is priced with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5) this time.

PSG team news: Georginio Wijnaldum — ankle injury, Sergio Ramos — calf injury, Neymar — ankle injury, Angel Di Maria — calf injury, Ander Herrera — hip injury.

Rennes are fifth in the 2021-22 season with 37 points. They beat Brest (2-0) in the last game.

The Red and Blacks absolutely dominated in the first half. They controlled the ball 71% of the time and attacked 26 times. Rennes made 11 shots with six on target and finished one of them successfully. Gaetan Laborde scored the first goal in the 20th minute.

In the second half, Bruno Genesio’s men played better than their rivals. They made eight shots with two on target and scored one goal. Rennes attacked 19 times, whereas Brest made 30 attacks but did not score. In the 90th minute, Martin Terrier scored the second goal with Loic Bade’s support.

We have seen a total of over 2.5 goals in six of the last eight H2H matches. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.65 (-154; 13/20) in this fixture.


Rennes team news: Jeremy Gelin — knee injury, Romain Salin — calf injury, Flavien Tait — muscle injury.

PSG vs Rennes H2H

Rennes won over Paris Saint-Germain (2-0) in the last H2H match but they did not play flawlessly. Bruno Genesio’s boys controlled the ball 33% of the time and made 12 shots with four on target. Also, they attacked 57 times and completed 18 defensive actions.

PSG made 13 shots, but all these shots were not on target. They controlled the ball 67% of the time and attacked 70 times. Les Parisiens completed 23 defensive actions.

PSG vs Rennes lineups and key players

PSG projected starting lineup:

  • Gianluigi Donnarumma
  • Presnel Kimpembe
  • Marquinhos
  • Colin Dagba
  • Layvin Kurzawa
  • Marco Verratti
  • Julian Draxler
  • Angel Di Maria
  • Mauro Icardi
  • Kylian Mbappe
  • Lionel Messi

Kylian Mbappe is the best forward in his team. He scored 11 goals and made nine assists in 21 matches this season.

Rennes projected starting lineup:

  • Alfred Gomis
  • Adrien Truffert
  • Loic Bade
  • Nayef Aguerd
  • Hamari Traore
  • Jonas Martin
  • Baptiste Santamaría
  • Lovro Majer
  • Martin Terrier
  • Gaetan Laborde
  • Benjamin Bourigeaud

Gaetan Laborde is the fourth best forward in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. He has scored 11 goals and has made five assists in the 2021-22 season.

PSG vs Rennes predictions and betting tips

Les Parisiens performed perfectly in the most recent match. Besides, they have a streak of 14 matches without losses in the 2021-22 Ligue 1. Last time they lost to Rennes. The Red and Blacks have lost only one of the last four matches against PSG but they are not in good form now. Rennes have lost four of the last six fixtures. I believe that both teams will score in the match, but Rennes are in bad form now and they are not able to beat Les Parisiens.

Betting prediction: Both teams to score

Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional)

Betting prediction: PSG to win & over 2.5 goals

Odds: 2.25 (+125 American; 5/4 Fractional)

PSG — Rennes
Lost
Both teams to score (Yes)
1.75
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
Jun 26
07:00 PM EAT
Los Angeles FC are in good form ahead of their matchup against the NY Red Bulls are also in top form having won four of their last five. The Black and Gold look forward to a win on their home ground.
by Paul Awoniyi
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!