Tampa Bay Lightning vs Vegas Golden Knights prediction and betting tips (January 29)
The Tampa Bay Lightning have won six of the last seven matches and have won a single head-to-head fixture against the Golden Knights this season.
Steven Stamkos is the sixth best forward in the 2021-22 NHL
Steven Stamkos is the sixth best forward in the 2021-22 NHL

The Tampa Bay Lightning vs Vegas Golden Knights fixture in the 2021-22 NHL will take place on Sunday, 29 January 2022, starting at 07:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 12:00 a.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is Amalie Arena, Tampa. The Tampa Bay Lightning vs Vegas Golden Knights (29 January 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Tampa Bay Lightning vs Vegas Golden Knights latest odds on betting sites

The Tampa Bay Lightning are priced with the odds of 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 50%. The Vegas Golden Knights come with the odds of 3.40 (+240; 12/5) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 28%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.30 (+330; 33/10), which equals an approximate probability of 22%.

The latest odds for Lightning vs Golden Knights (29 January 2022) betting markets:

  • Over 6.5 goals — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
  • Under 6.5 goals — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Golden Knights — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Lightning — 2.40 (+140; 7/7)

Tampa Bay Lightning vs Vegas Golden Knights match preview and stats

The Tampa Bay Lightning are second in the Atlantic Division with 61 points in 43 fixtures. In the most recent match, the Lightning won over the Devils (7-1).

Jon Cooper’s boys attacked well in the first period. They made 18 shots on target but did not score a goal, whereas the Devils scored one out of 12 shots on target. Damon Severson scored this goal in powerplay in the fifth minute.

The Lightning made 11 shots on target in the second period. The New Jersey Devils made 14 shots on target but they did not score, with Tampa Bay Lightning completing 22 defensive actions. Alex Killorn leveled the score in the 22nd minute. In the 34th minute, Anthony Cirelli did not score a bullet. Mathieu Joseph scored the second goal in the 35th minute.

Jon Cooper’s men made six shots on target, whereas the Devils made seven shots on target, and both teams scored a goal in the third period. Jack Hughes leveled the score in the 51st minute. In the 52nd minute, Anthony Cirelli scored the last goal in the match.

A total of under 6.5 goals has played out in four of the last six matches with the Lightning participating. The same total is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) this time.

Tampa Bay Lightning team news: Zach Bogosian — upper body injury, Brent Seabrook — shoulder injury, Erik Cernak — upper body injury.

The Vegas Golden Knights head the Pacific Division. They took 53 points in 44 games. The Golden Knights were defeated by the Panthers (1-4) this time.

The Vegas Golden Knights made 11 shots on target in the first period, whereas their rivals made 14 shots on target, and both teams scored one goal. In the eighth minute, Zach Whitecloud scored the first goal. In the 20th minute, Alexander Barkov leveled the score when their rivals were in powerplay.

Peter DeBoer’s men played a bit better in the second period. They made nine shots on target, whereas the Panthers made six shots on target and completed 20 defensive actions. In the 22nd minute, Sam Bennett scored the second goal for the Florida Panthers.

Andrew Brunette’s boys absolutely dominated the last period. They made 12 shots on target and completed 21 defensive actions, whereas the Golden Knights made only five shots on target. Mason Marchment and Sam Bennett scored their goals in the last minute.

The Vegas Golden Knights have scored three or more goals in four of the last six matches. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) this time.

Vegas Golden Knights team news: Jack Eichel — lower body injury, Alec Martinez — face injury, Max Pacioretty — wrist injury.

Tampa Bay Lightning vs Vegas Golden Knights H2H

The Tampa Bay Lightning won over the Vegas Golden Knights (4-3) in the most recent H2H fixture. Despite the victory Jon Cooper’s men made only 19 shots on target in three periods. They completed 64 defensive actions.

The Vegas Golden Knights made 41 shots on target but scored only three goals. They completed 43 defensive actions. Mark Stone shone in the fixture. He scored two out of three goals.

Tampa Bay Lightning vs Vegas Golden Knights key players and lineups

Tampa Bay Lightning projected first lineup:

  • Andrei Vasilevskiy
  • Jan Rutta
  • Victor Hedman
  • Anthony Cirelli
  • Steven Stamkos
  • Ondrej Palat

Steven Stamkos is the sixth best forward in the 2021-22 NHL. He has scored 20 goals and has made 31 assists this season. Steven made an assist in the most recent fixture.

Vegas Golden Knights projected first lineup:

  • Robin Lehner
  • Brayden McNabb
  • Alex Pietrangelo
  • Jonathan Marchessault
  • Mark Stone
  • Chandler Stephenson

Chandler Stephenson is the best forward in his team. Stephenson made 12 goals and 26 assists in 43 fixtures .

Tampa Bay Lightning vs Vegas Golden Knights betting tips and prediction

The Tampa Bay Lightning have won six of the last seven fixtures. They have scored three or more goals in all of these victories. The Golden Knights are in bad form now. They have won only two of the last seven matches. I believe that the Lightning will win this match easily, because they are much stronger at the moment. A total of over 5.5 goals has played out in the last three H2H fixtures between these teams. This outcome looks safe too.

Betting prediction: Tampa Bay Lightning to win

Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 5.5 goals

Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional)

Tampa Bay Lightning — Vegas Golden Knights
Lost
Tampa Bay Lightning to win
2.00
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!