The Iga Swiatek vs Jessica Pegula fixture in the quarter-final of the 2022 US Open will take place on Wednesday, 7 September 2022, starting at 4:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Arthur Ashe, New York.
Latest odds on betting sites
Iga Swiatek is priced with the odds of 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 65%. Jessica Pegula comes with the odds of 2.80 (+180; 9/5) to win this match. The chances of her victory are around 35%.
The latest odds for Iga Swiatek vs Jessica Pegula (September 7):
- Over 20.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 20.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Swiatek— 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Pegula — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
- Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Swiatek — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Pegula — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
Match preview and statistics
Iga Swiatek pulled Jule Niemeier (2-6, 6-4, 6-0) down in the 1/8 finals.
Niemeier surprised Swiatek in the first set. She won the first two games in a row to receive a fast lead. Then the tennis players traded winning service games to a 2-4 score. In the seventh game, the German tennis player reached a 40-15 score and converted one out of three break points to finish the set in her favor. She did not give Iga Swiatek a break point opportunity in this set.
Jule Niemeier started the second set well too. After losing the first game, she won two in a row, but Swiatek did not let her rival keep the lead this time. She won the next three games in a row to reach a 4-2 score. Then the tennis players traded winning their return games to finish the set with a 6-4 score.
In the second set, Iga Swiatek did not leave her rival a chance. She won all six games in a row. Niemeier had three break points in this set, but Swiatek saved them all. Also, the Polish tennis player did not make a double fault and converted three out of five break points.
A total of under 9.5 games in the first set has played out in the last five matches with Iga Swiatek participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5) this time.
Jessica Pegula beat Petra Kvitova (6-3, 6-2) in the most recent match.
Pegula converted the first break point to win the first return game of the first set, but Petra Kvitova leveled the score in the next game. The American tennis player reached a 40-15 score in the fourth game of the first set, but she did not convert three break points. In spite of this, she won four games in a row after a 3-2 score to finish the set with a 6-3 score. She did not make a double fault and converted 100% of break points in the set.
Petra Kvitova started the second set perfectly. She won the first two games converting 100% of break points, but then Jessica Pegula stopped her rival by winning six games in a row. She won 61% and 62% of service and return points. Pegula did not make a double fault and gave her rival only one break point opportunity.
Jessica Pegula has won four of the last six matches with a 2-0 score. She is priced with a 4.60 (+360; 18/5) to win this match in two sets.
Iga Swiatek vs Jessica Pegula H2H
Iga Swiatek destroyed Jessica Pegula (6-3, 6-2) in the quarter-final of the 2022 French Open. She did not make a double fault in this match. Swiatke won seven out of eight service games and five return games.
Jessica Pegula won only 49% of service points and 33% of return points. She created two break point opportunities and converted one of them. Also, Pegula saved six out of 11 break points in this match.
Prediction and betting tips
Iga Swiatek was absolutely undefeatable in the middle of the season. She had a streak of 37 victories two months ago, but her current form is not as good. She has lost three of the last nine matches which is a disappointing result for No.1. Also, she has not met strong rivals in this tournament.
Jessica Pegula has won nine of the last 11 matches. She defeated Petra Kvitova in two easy sets. Pegula was absolutely destroyed by Iga Swiatek in two H2H matches in the 2022 season, but their current forms are approximately equal. That is the reason why we may see a total of over 2.5 sets this time.
Betting prediction: Over 2.5 sets
Odds: 2.55 (+155 American; 31/20 Fractional)
Share your thoughts!