The Novak Djokovic vs Nick Kyrgios fixture in the final of the 2022 Wimbledon will take place on Sunday, 10 July 2022, starting at 1:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club. Novak Djokovic vs Nick Kyrgios (July 10) Wimbledon final prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Novak Djokovic vs Nick Kyrgios latest odds on betting sites
Novak Djokovic is priced with the odds of 1.25 (-400 American; 1/4 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 76%. Nick Kyrgios comes with the odds of 4.20 (+320; 16/5) to win this match. The chances of his triumph are around 24%.
The latest odds for Novak Djokovic vs Nick Kyrgios (July 10):
- Over 39.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Under 39.5 games — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Djokovic — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Kyrgios — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)
- Asian handicap (-4.5) games on Djokovic — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
- Asian handicap (+4.5) games on Kyrgios — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
Novak Djokovic vs Nick Kyrgios match preview and statistics
Novak Djokovic kicked Cameron Norrie (2-6, 6-3, 6-2, 6-4) out of the tournament in the previous stage.
Norrie reached a 40-15 score in the first game of the first set and converted the second break point. However, Djokovic won the next two games. In spite of this, Cameron Norrie showed a flawless streak of five winning games to win the set with a 6-2 score.
In the second set, Novak Djokovic was much stronger. He lost only three points in five service games and for sure did not give his rival a break point opportunity. No. 1 received four break points in three sets, but was lucky to convert only one of them.
In the first game of the first set, the Serb reached a 40-30 score and converted one out of three break points. After a 2-1 score in his favor, he won three games in a row to create a four-game lead and did not let Norrie close the gap in the remaining games.
The last set was a bit similar to the third one. Djokovic got a break point opportunity in the first set and finished it successfully. In the third return game, he reached a 40-30 score, but did not convert four break points. Novak Djokovic did not give his rival break point opportunities to finish the set with a 6-4 score in his favor.
A total of under 39.5 games has played out in five of the last six matches with Novak Djokovic participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20) this time.
Nick Kyrgios had a rest on semi-finals day, because Rafael Nadal withdrew from the tournament due to a muscle injury.
He had a hard start in the 2022 Wimbledon. Kyrgios met No. 216 Paul Jubb (3-6, 6-1, 7-5, 6-7, 7-5) in the first stage and was close to being eliminated. Break points were his keys to victory. Kyrgios saved 85% out of 13 break points and converted 83% of his opportunities.
In the 1/32 finals, he did not leave Filip Krajinovic (6-2, 6-3, 6-1) a chance. Nick Kyrgios won 84% of service points and received 15 break points. He did not give his rival a break point opportunity and made only one double fault.
In the 1/16 finals, the Australian tennis player faced Stefanos Tsitsipas (6-7, 6-4, 6-3, 7-6). Overall, Kyrgios did not do anything unusual, he just was a bit stronger that time. He won all service games and 73% of service points. Kyrgios saved all five break points and converted two out of 14 break point opportunities.
He met Brandon Nakashima (4-6, 6-4, 7-6, 3-6, 6-2) and was one step away from being eliminated in the Round of 16. The tennis players were equal. They saved and converted an absolutely equal number of break points. The game was decided in tie-breaks, of the third set.
Nick Kyrgios has won the second set in five of the last six matches. He is priced with the odds of 2.75 (+175; 7/4) to beat Novak Djokovic in the first set.
Novak Djokovic vs Nick Kyrgios H2H
Nick Kyrgios pulled Novak Djokovic (6-4, 7-6) down in the 1/8 final of the 2017 ATP Indian Wells. In the first set, he received one breakpoint in three sets each, but converted only one of them. Also, he did not give Djokovic break point opportunities in this set.
In the second set, the tennis players were absolutely equal and did not give each other break point opportunities to a 5-5 score. In the 11th game, Kyrgios received two break points, but did not convert them. Despite this, he won the game in tie-breaks.
Novak Djokovic vs Nick Kyrgios predictions and betting tips
Novak Djokovic played well in his semi-final. He failed the first set, but was absolutely undefeatable in the remaining three. He did not give his rival break points in these three sets and won approximately 82% of service points. In this tournament, he met Jannik Sinner and Miomir Kecmanovic, who are in good shape now.
Nick Kyrgios was strong in this tournament, but his performance was so unstable. He gave many chances to much weaker rivals and twice was a step away from defeat. I believe his current form is not enough to beat Novak Djokovic in the Grand Slam final, but we could see a close game in four sets. Nick Kyrgios has been defeated to nil in only one of the last 16 matches and has won a set or more in the last six matches against greater ranked rivals.
Betting prediction: Novak Djokovic to win & over 3.5 sets
Odds: 2.30 (+130 American; 13/10 Fractional)