The Nick Kyrgios vs Rafael Nadal fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 Wimbledon will take place on Friday, 8 July 2022, starting at 12:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club. Nick Kyrgios vs Rafael Nadal (July 8) Wimbledon semi-final prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Nick Kyrgios vs Rafael Nadal latest odds on betting sites
Nick Kyrgios is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 56%. Rafael Nadal comes with the odds of 2.30 (+130; 13/10) to win this match. The chances of his triumph are around 44%.
The latest odds for Nick Kyrgios vs Rafael Nadal (July 8):
- Over 40.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 40.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Kyrgios — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Nadal — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
- Asian handicap (-2.5) games on Kyrgios — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (+2.5) games on Nadal — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
Nick Kyrgios vs Rafael Nadal match preview and statistics
Nick Kyrgios won over Cristian Garin (6-4, 6-3, 7-6) in the previous round.
Cristian Garin converted a single break point in the first game of the first set, and played flawlessly to a 3-1 score. However, then Nick Kyrgios won the next three games in a row. In the ninth game, Garin reached a 40-15 score, but did not finish break point opportunities successfully, whereas Kyrgios won the last return game to finish the set in his favor.
In the second game of the second set, Kyrgios received a break point, but his rival saved it. In the fourth game, he reached a 40-0 score and converted the first break point. Then the tennis players traded winning their service games to a 6-3 score.
In the last set, both tennis players were absolutely equal. They did not lose a service game. Kyrgios did not receive break point opportunities in this set, but he was stronger in tie-breaks to win the match with a 3-0 score.
A total of under 9.5 games in the first set has played out in three of the last four H2H matches. The same total comes with the odds of 2.80 (+180; 9/5) in this fixture.
Rafael Nadal destroyed Taylor Fritz (3-6, 7-5, 6-3, 5-7, 7-6) in the most recent fixture.
He won the first return game of the first set to get a fast lead. Rafael Nadal reached a 3-1 score, but then Taylor Fritz won five games in a row to finish the set with a 6-3 score in his favor.
Rafa started the second set well. He won the first three games in a row, but Taylor Fritz came back and leveled the score. They traded winning service games to a 5-5 score, but then Rafael Nadal won two remaining games to win the second set.
Taylor Fritz was much stronger in the third set. He won three games in a row after losing the first one. They traded winning service games to a 4-3 score. The American tennis player won the last two games to win the set with a 6-3 score.
In the fourth set, both tennis players made a lot of mistakes. They had break points in the first four games, Nadal won the first two return games, whereas Fritz won only the first one. After a 4-2 score in Rafa’s favor, Fritz won three games in a row to come back, but Nadal won the last three.
The tennis players started the last set equally. They did not give each other break point opportunities and did not lose more than 30 points per service game to a 3-3 score. Then they won their fourth return games and did not have more break points. In tie-breaks, Rafael Nadal absolutely dominated and won it with a 10-4 score.
A total of under 40.5 games has played out in four out of five matches in this tournament with Rafael Nadal participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) in this game.
Nick Kyrgios vs Rafael Nadal H2H
Rafa pulled Nick Kyrgios (7-6, 5-7, 6-4) down in the quarter-final of the 2022 ATP Indian Wells. He made seven double faults in three sets. Nadal won 15 service games and 69% of service points. He won two return games. The Spanish tennis player saved and converted 60% and 50% of break points, respectively.
Kyrgios won 88% of service games and 12% of return games. He created five break point opportunities and converted two of them. Nick Kyrgios won 67% of service points and 31% of return points.
Nick Kyrgios vs Rafael Nadal predictions and betting tips
Online bookmakers believe that Nick Kyrgios is the favourite in this match. However, Rafael Nadal is one step away from reaching the third Grand Slam final in a row. He defeated Taylor Fritz and Botic van de Zandschulp in this tournament. Besides, Nadal has won 15 of the last 16 matches. He has won the last three H2H games against Kyrgios. Nadal is able to beat Nick Kyrgios, but Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Nadal is a more safe outcome.
Nick Kyrgios is in good condition now. He beat Tsitsipas in four sets in the Round of 32 and has won a set or more in the last five H2H matches against Rafael Nadal. We will see a close match. A total of over 40.5 games looks safe in this fixture.
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Nadal
Odds: 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Over 40.5 games
Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional)