WTA Indian Wells 2022: Halep vs Swiatek prediction and betting tips (March 19)
Iga Swiatek has a streak of nine victories, but Simoha Halep has won two out of three head-to-head games against her current rival. Who will qualify for the final?
Simona Halep beat Iga Swiatek (3-6, 6-1, 6-4) in the 2022 Australian Open
Simona Halep beat Iga Swiatek (3-6, 6-1, 6-4) in the 2022 Australian Open
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Simona Halep vs Iga Swiatek fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 WTA Indian Wells will take place on Saturday, 19 March 2022, starting at 1:00 a.m. GMT. The venue is Indian Wells Tennis Garden, Indian Wells.

Latest odds on betting sites

Simona Halep is priced with the odds of 2.60 (+160 American; 8/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 38%. Iga Swiatek comes with the odds of 1.55 (-182; 11/20) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 62%.

The latest odds for Simona Halep vs Iga Swiatek (March 19):

  • Over 21.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Under 21.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Swiatek — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Halep — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
  • Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Swiatek — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Halep — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)

Match preview and statistics

Simona Halep destroyed Petra Martic (6-1, 6-1) in the previous stage.

Petra Martic easily won the first game of the first set, but then Halep did not give her rival chances to win one more game. The Romanian tennis player won six games in a row to finish the set in her favor. She did not give breakpoint opportunities and converted the first breakpoint in all return games, in spite of the first one. Halep did not make double faults and won 76% of points in this set.

Simona Halep continued her domination in the second set. She won the first three games in a row. Petra Martic had two breakpoints in the third game, but her rivals saved them all. Then the Croatian won a service game, but Simona Halep continued her domination. She won three more games to finish the second set with the same score as the first one. Halep saved and converted 100% of breakpoints and won 70% of service points in this set.

Simona Halep has finished the first set with a total of under 9.5 games in the last four games. The same total comes with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) in this semi-final.

Iga Swiatek won over Madison Keys (6-1, 6-0) in the most recent fixture.

Swiatek was able to win the first set to nil. She won the first five games and reached a 40-30 score in the sixth one, but her rival saved it. In spite of this, Iga Swiatek saved the Keys’ breakpoint in the seventh game to finish the set with a 6-1 score. She received four breakpoints in the set and converted two of them. Iga Swiatek made one double fault and saved a single her rival’s breakpoint.

Unlike the first set, in the second one Swiatek did not give her opponent a chance. Madison Keys did not have breakpoint opportunities and won only 15 points or less in four out of six games. Iga Swiatek won all six games converting 100% of breakpoints and winning 76% of service points and 72% of return points.

A total of over 2.5 sets has played out in three of the last four matches with Iga Swiatek’s participation. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.50 (+150; 3/2) this time.

Simona Halep vs Iga Swiatek H2H

Simona Halep beat Iga Swiatek (3-6, 6-1, 6-4) in the 2022 Australian Open. She won 68% and 42% of service and return points, respectively. Halep took the win in 4 out of 13 return games and won 11 out of 13 service games. She had 10 breakpoints and finished four of them successfully.

Iga Swiatek received only three breakpoint opportunities and converted two of them. She won 58% of service points and 32% of return points. The Polish tennis player finished 69% and 15% of service and return games in her favor.

Prediction and betting tips

Undoubtedly, both tennis players showed outstanding performances in their previous stages. Also, Simona Halep has won all her rivals in the 2022 Indian Wells to nil. Iga Swiatek has finished three out of four matches in this tournament with a 2-1 score. She had problems in the first set in these three matches and lost it with a total of over 9.5 games. Then her performance was as perfect as in the last fixture.

I believe that Simona Halep is able to win the first set, which is the weakest of Iga Swiatek. However, I believe to see a total of over 2.5 sets, because both tennis players are in their best form now. We saw the same total in the most recent H2H match, and it has played out in three of the last four matches with Iga Swiatek’s participation.

Betting prediction: Simona Halep to win (1st set)

Odds: 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 2.5 sets

Odds: 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractional)

TennisWTA. 2022 Indian Wells. Semi-final
Simona Halep — Iga Swiatek
Over 2.5 sets
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!