The Belinda Bencic vs Naomi Osaka fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 WTA Miami will take place on Thursday, 31 March 2022, starting at 11:00 a.m. EDT (3:00 p.m. GMT). The venue is Sun Life Stadium, Miami.
Latest odds on betting sites
Naomi Osaka is priced with the odds of 1.45 (-222 American; 9/20 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 69%. Belinda Bencic comes with the odds of 2.95 (+195; 39/20) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 31%.
The latest odds for Belinda Bencic vs Naomi Osaka (March 31):
- Over 21.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Under 21.5 games — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Osaka — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Bencic — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
- Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Osaka — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Bencic — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
Match preview and statistics
Belinda Bencic destroyed Daria Seville (6-1, 6-2) in the previous stage.
Bencic reached a 40-0 score and converted the third break point in the first game of the first set. Seville reached the same score in the next game, but her rival saved five break points to finish it in her favor. Bencic had one more break in the third game, but she did not convert it. In spite of this, she won four remaining games to finish the set with a 6-1 score. Belinda Bencic won 70% of service points and 61% of return. Also, she created seven break point opportunities in the set.
Daria Seville was close to start the second set in her favor, but she did not convert two break points in the first return game, whereas her rival finished her one successfully. Bencic won two more games to a 4-0 score. Then she saved only one out of two breaks in the fifth game and lost the next return game. She finally won two remaining games to finish the match. Belinda Bencic did not make double faults in this match. She saved and converted three out of four break points each.
Belinda Bencic has won all rivals in this tournament to nil. She is priced with the odds of 4.80 (+380; 19/5) to beat Naomi Osaka in two sets.
Naomi Osaka won over Danielle Collins (6-2, 6-1) in the quarter-final.
The tennis players started the first set equally. They did not lose more than 30 points in their first two service games. However, Naomi Osaka won the last four games to win the set with a 6-2 score. She still did not lose more than 30 points per service game and converted the first break point in all return games. Osaka won 73% and 48% of service and return points, respectively. She did not make a double fault in the set.
The second set was a bit similar to the first one. The tennis players traded first service games, but Osaka won the next five games to finish the fixture. She did not give her rival breaks again and converted three out of five break points. Osaka won 75% of service points and 72% of return points. She did not make double faults again.
We have seen a total of under 19.5 games in the last five matches with Naomi Osaka participating. The same total is priced with the odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5) in this semi-final.
Belinda Bencic vs Naomi Osaka H2H
Belinda Bencic beat Naomi Osaka (7-5, 6-4) in the 2019 US Open. She won 10 out of 11 service games and three return games. The Swiss tennis player won 73% of service points and 415 of return points. She created seven breaks and converted three of them, but she did not save a single one.
Osaka won 73% of service games and 59% of points. She won a single return game and 27% of points. Osaka made three double faults in two sets and converted a single break point.
Prediction and betting tips
Naomi Osaka significantly increased her play in this tournament. She showed it in the last match against Danielle Rose Collins. The Japanese tennis players did not give her rival a chance in this match. She absolutely dominated and showed her best performance. Belinda Bencic has played flawlessly in her matches too, but her rivals were not so strong. However, Naomi Osaka is a comfortable rival for Bencic. The Swiss tennis player has won the last four H2H matches.
Naomi is so strong now, but I believe that Bencic is able to win a set. Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Bencic looks safe. Also, I believe that asian handicap (+2.5) break points on Bencic is safe too. It has played out in all head-to-head games.
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Bencic
Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+2.5) break points on Bencic
Odds: 1.80 (-125 American; 4/5 Fractional)
Share your thoughts!